What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc came out for Linux yesterday.  

crazy-dance.gif

I've been hearing all types of good things about this series for years but have never gotten a chance to play them as they've been exclusively on Sony platforms before.  Anyway, a story-driven and completely bonkers game involving murder mysteries, catching people in lies, and puzzle solving?  Yep, this definitely sounds like my jam.  Between this and Sunless Sea, looks like me finishing my Satellite Reign playthrough is going back on the back burner.  Sorry, Satellite Reign.

I love DanganRonpa! Bought a PSTV specifically for it.

The first two are fantastic. Not a big fan of the TPS installment, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If Destiny is going to insist on making you play in 3-person or 6-person teams to complete certain game modes, then the least they can do is actually have it easy for you to join random groups if you don't have people on your friends list to play with.

I wanted to try some of the Crota's Bane 3-person levels tonight, but every time I attempted it they made me play solo.  Ridiculous.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Add me to the list of those playing Grim Dawn.  It's amazing how much better it is playing on all maxed settings graphically as opposed to minimum settings (new PC is operational, no longer playing on a toaster.)  Not because it looks better (but it does) but because it's much easier to identify some of the enemies and avoid their attacks (mostly a matter of particle effects.)  It seems like they upped the enemy density (at least on Veteran) in Build 31 as well.  My Witchblade (only level 20 so far) is killing it with maxed Solael's Witchfire and Sigil of Consumption.  Tons of damage that also heals me, and the more enemies the better.  Going for a vitality damage build, with lots of damage converted to health.  It kind of annoys me that I'm kind of stuck using an implement endgame (there's an epic dagger that does vitality damage, but it's worse than a green implement)  but it definitely is doing well so far.

• Like 1

Add me to the list of those playing Grim Dawn.  It's amazing how much better it is playing on all maxed settings graphically as opposed to minimum settings (new PC is operational, no longer playing on a toaster.)  Not because it looks better (but it does) but because it's much easier to identify some of the enemies and avoid their attacks (mostly a matter of particle effects.)  It seems like they upped the enemy density (at least on Veteran) in Build 31 as well.  My Witchblade (only level 20 so far) is killing it with maxed Solael's Witchfire and Sigil of Consumption.  Tons of damage that also heals me, and the more enemies the better.  Going for a vitality damage build, with lots of damage converted to health.  It kind of annoys me that I'm kind of stuck using an implement endgame (there's an epic dagger that does vitality damage, but it's worse than a green implement)  but it definitely is doing well so far.

I'm deep into Act 3 now at Vet difficulty, and the game just keeps giving! Some stuff I learn along the way. For instance, I saw a neat amulet at a merchant stall. Well, I used a rift, earned some cash and went back, and then it was sold. It turns out that each time you use a rift, any vendor collection gets refreshed, as it were. Oops.

I also love that you can take on enemies that are of much higher level than your own (at your own peril). For instance, I managed to clear out East Marsh and get the final Devotion Shrine there at lvl 25, while the baddies were at lvl 34-35. I died twice, but it was very challenging and I accumulated items for future levels that way. The faction system is also pretty interesting, and overall, the RPG-part of Grim Dawn is definitely better than D3's.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

No idea what the minimum requirements would be, but the game is running perfect on my machine, which has a i5 6600K processor, GeForce GTX 970 and 16gb of ram. Though the game was already running pretty fine with my old Phenom II processor, so I'll guess the main requirement lies with the graphic card.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider. The final part had some epic eye-roll moments...

Apparently grabbing a bow someone's slung over their shoulder is easy, it also promptly removes the pistol holstered at the hip. I mean, really. that set-up was like they weren't even trying...

And the naïve girl Lara-shtick is not for me, thankfully the gameplay and overall setting were pretty good.

I tried to get 100% completion too, but it seems I'm foiled by a bug (or horribad design): a ledge I need to get to one of the final documents I need is no longer there in free roam (it's one in Path of the Deathless in case anyone wants to avoid running into the same snag), making the document inaccessible for that playthrough. Bummer.

My first captain, the intrepid Madame Lucinda, has already survived longer than I anticipated when I started Sunless Sea.  There have been a couple times where I was cutting it really close on fuel and supplies on my way back to London, but I did make it back and I'm in decent shape now, after my latest voyage, though I still haven't made any headway in getting a better ship or better lodgings.  It's definitely nerve-racking when I go far from London, though, and I kind of have little choice but to do so now as all the close proximity areas have been explored.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Decided to try my second character in Destiny.  I forgot that I hadn't finished the main story with that character, so I have to go through the rest of it before I can do the House of Wolves stuff.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't play games. I am sleeving my Sentinels of the Multiverse cards. Done over a thousand. Got about 500 to go.

That's a bold move! But such a good game!

I'm playing a lot of D3 lately, mixed with a bit of Wolfenstein. Haven't played Wolfenstein when it came out, so I thought it's about time...

On my PS4 I'm playing Divinity: Original Sin once a week in Co-Op with a friend and work my way through the TellTale Games. Borderlands and Wolf among us are already finished (and I LOVED TWaU!) and playing Game of Thrones now. That's also great! It's almost like watching an Episode of the series...

I'm playing BLOPS3 ... too much of it. Just the knife left to get Dark Matter camo ... :geek:

I can't find any Legendary Marks in Destiny.  So annoying since all the good gear in stores requires a huge amount of them.

Are you level 40?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I don't play games. I am sleeving my Sentinels of the Multiverse cards. Done over a thousand. Got about 500 to go.

That's a bold move! But such a good game!

Finished the stuff I have:

Base game, Rook City&Infernal Relics, Shattered Timelines, Vengeance, and the Unity, Scholar, Ambuscade, Miss Information, Silver Gulch and Final Wasteland mini expansions.

Waiting for my orders of Wrath of the Cosmos, Villains, Guise and Wager Master to arrive.

Then I'll need the last three mini expansions I am missing.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm playing BLOPS3 ... too much of it. Just the knife left to get Dark Matter camo ... :geek:

I can't find any Legendary Marks in Destiny.  So annoying since all the good gear in stores requires a huge amount of them.

Are you level 40?

Yes.  I've tried dismantling some of my old purple gear that's way too low level, and all I get are ascendant shards and some cash (and weapon/armor parts).  And none of the bounties or tasks seem to reward it other than daily hero strikes (which I never do).

That is the main reason I fell out of Destiny.  The premise sounded great in the beginning, but when I started to realize that the bulk, and I mean the bulk of the longevity of the same solely depended on your ability to play with friends at the same time, that's where I made the choice to leave.  With family and work, and everything else, it is extremely hard to coordinate a game night with friends on a timely basis, let alone, once a month. 

There is no daily strike, just daily story mission. Strikes are weekly. So play daily story each day to earn marks. Then play 3 strikes on the Heroic playlist to earn 30 more marks each week. And you can only earn marks by dismantline year 2 legendary gear, like the stuff you get from completing quests in Taken king or from engrams if your lucky.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Completed Undertale. It was a pretty good game.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

There is no daily strike, just daily story mission. Strikes are weekly. So play daily story each day to earn marks. Then play 3 strikes on the Heroic playlist to earn 30 more marks each week. And you can only earn marks by dismantline year 2 legendary gear, like the stuff you get from completing quests in Taken king or from engrams if your lucky.

That's what I meant.  The daily story mission.

I'm kind of in a catch-22.  In order to play those tough strike missions, I need better gear.  But in order to get better gear, I need to play those strike missions to earn legendary marks.

I don't know.  For a game that's all about grinding and finding better equipment to keep your interest, they make it really difficult for you to do that unless you invest ridiculous amounts of time into the game.

• Like 1

You didn't get any of the badass gear from story mode Taken King? You should have gotten a shotgun and a sidearm if memory serves.   Also do Gunsmith bounties at least the SP ones and then buy Gunsmith package(s). You have to wait until Wednesday but you get a 280 light weapon of your choice, well depending on what he has available :D ,  with random perks for 2500 glimmer.

And i can only suggest you play Daily Crucible then. You don't have to win or anything, just survive through 1 match and you get your daily Legendary Marks.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

You didn't get any of the badass gear from story mode Taken King? You should have gotten a shotgun and a sidearm if memory serves.   Also do Gunsmith bounties at least the SP ones and then buy Gunsmith package(s). You have to wait until Wednesday but you get a 280 light weapon of your choice, well depending on what he has available :D ,  with random perks for 2500 glimmer.

And i can only suggest you play Daily Crucible then. You don't have to win or anything, just survive through 1 match and you get your daily Legendary Marks.

I'm still in the process of playing through the Taken King story mode.  I've been doing other side content between tackling missions.  I tried to do some of the higher level Prison of Elder missions (I know it doesn't give you legendary marks), but they always make me solo it.  The only one where the game seems to actually match-make and find me 2 human companions is the very easiest level.

I've got a Gunsmith order currently placed, but I have to wait until next week.  Not sure why since I placed the order on Wednesday.  Apparently I missed the deadline by about 10 hours.

I've also gotten bad luck.  For instance, I rarely get legendary drops.  But in the rare instances I do, it always seems to be a duplicate.  Right now I've got two level 40 purple boots, but am stuck with a level 38 (and low defense rating) body armor and elbow pads.  Likewise I've got two level 40 legendary primary weapons, but no legendary special weapons.

So I decided to try some MP for Destiny to earn myself some Legendary marks (since that seems to be the only easy way to do it).  I remembered why I hate that game mode.  I'm unloading on the other guy, his shields get down to like half, he shoots me twice with his shotgun and I'm dead.

Yep, not unbalanced at all.

On the plus side, I earned 15 Legendary marks for getting my ass handed to me.