What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Started a game of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.

So far its pretty okay.  Takes a longer to build to the PC having their party so I think I'll be connecting more with it now that the story set-up has passed.  Certainly seemed to take longer to get to this point than in Awakening.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The wedding in Hearts of Stone was amusing. Also trying to finish Satellite Reign, but can't seem to be all that interested in it, sadly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Long time, no see all! :) *Waves*

Grim Dawn. Finally, patch 31 is out, so the game is basically finished and content-complete and all that. I'm in Act II at Veteran difficulty, and I'm having a blast. I loved Titan Quest, and graphically this is like a super-good version of Path of Exile mixed with that classic ARPG's aesthetics. The setting is steeped in an eerie Untergang-mood, and the mechanics and build and crafting options are much more up my alley than D3's no choices, you'll rock regardless (if you find our specific legendary set). Well, D3 is still a bit of poison of mine, but I'm fed up with it.

And then Pillars of Eternity White Marsh, of course. I really enjoy it so far, even if combat could be improved a bit.

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Grim Dawn. Finally, patch 31 is out, so the game is basically finished and content-complete and all that. I'm in Act II at Veteran difficulty, and I'm having a blast. I loved Titan Quest, and graphically this is like a super-good version of Path of Exile mixed with that classic ARPG's aesthetics. The setting is steeped in an eerie Untergang-mood, and the mechanics and build and crafting options are much more up my alley than D3's no choices, you'll rock regardless (if you find our specific legendary set). Well, D3 is still a bit of poison of mine, but I'm fed up with it.

I saw the announcement yesterday.  It's coming out "officially" on Thursday, but, for all intents and purposes, it's fully released now.  I look forward to playing it again after not having played it for well over a year.  I'll probably give it a go over the weekend.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Decided to get going on my current Dragon Age Inquisition game. I hate the Wicked Hearts quest, but have to complete it to get moving along with the story.

I just finally finished DAI. Played on nightmare and still one-shot 7 of the 10 dragons (to be fair, I spected my character to do exactly that). I would've one-shot all the main bosses except that you can't because plot (dang BioWare with there 'cut bosses HP to 1/3 and cut scene, cut bosses HP to 1/2 and cut scene, and cut bosses HP to 2/3 and cut scene narrative). Still, I did get to take out the half that was left of the final bosses life with one hit (after the last combat interrupting cut scene) while he was in the middle of boasting.

(The combat in this game is about as deep as a puddle.)

Over all, I'd give the game 6/10.

Edited by the_dog_days

The White March expansion to Project Eternity, I seem to like it a little more than the main game so far, i'm still not fond of many of the systems however.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I am loving the Story mode for Pillars of Eternity.  Make combat quick and easy so I can focus on characters and story?  Yes please.

I did a quick Google search for that, but didn't turn up anything - mind giving a link or quick rundown on this "story mode"? I can't stand the combat mechanics in PoE at all, so I'm curious...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I am loving the Story mode for Pillars of Eternity.  Make combat quick and easy so I can focus on characters and story?  Yes please.

I did a quick Google search for that, but didn't turn up anything - mind giving a link or quick rundown on this "story mode"? I can't stand the combat mechanics in PoE at all, so I'm curious...

As explained on the update page:

Story Time mode has been added. This difficulty setting is for people that want to experience the Pillars of Eternity story without having to build a party of adventurers focused on combat.

So it just gives you a pretty decent advantage in encounters.

So...easy mode, but not in so many words. What, are they afraid of offending people? :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Story Mode might actually get me to play Pillars again... maybe.  It doesn't actually remove all that combat I never ever want to do ever again, but if it makes it a lot easier and presumably (and more importantly) much faster and less tedious, that's a start.  Pity it doesn't address the boring story.

I started playing Sunless Sea.  I'm only just dipping my toes into the zee but it seems pretty interesting so far.  I just wish the fonts were much bigger.  On my 1440p monitor it strains my eyes to read a bit, and there's a lot to read.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ooh thank you for the Grim Dawn news Keyrock and Indira, i've been waiting since the mid Triassic for that release (or so it seems.)

I wonder with Poe's bedtime story mode being implemented for a certain demographic whether other demographics could be catered to? I'm thinking specifically of those who played the Temple of Elemental Evil chiefly for its combat, and derived great enjoyment from that thrilling endeavour. Could we perhaps have Poe implement a ToEE combat system for those who enjoy the sting of combat, the roll of the die, the anticipation of the coming turn and the willfulness of the great god Nuffle?

A little request, requiring massive amounts of work.

P.S. Oh and if you could port Arcanum over into the ToEE engine afterwards please do so as soon as possible, you're a dear.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

And then Pillars of Eternity White Marsh, of course. I really enjoy it so far, even if combat could be improved a bit.

I have been putting all my free time into Grim Dawn over the past few months, and most recently with the latest patch and look forward to the final release, but as you said, it's really complete right now.  I LOVE this game.  The setting, the gameplay, soundtrack, multiplayer aspect, character building.  Honestly, I hope these guys make good money on this.  I've never seen such a huge product from such a small team that has honestly been so stable and balanced upon release, with this much content.  There is a ton to this game!  I also look forward to the first expansion, due to having already paid for it as part of the loyalty buy from 3 years ago.  Anyone looking for a good ARPG can't go wrong with this game.  Even if you're not a huge ARPG fan, give it a try.  I've bought many copies for friends over the years and have heard all good things from them since then.

• Like 1

Mamoulian War combat in Septerra Core was always it's biggest problem. I don't think there are any people who played it that didn't think about giving up because of the combat, or at least take a break or more from the game. :D

The shards are only meant for Exotic weapons and  you get those by buying them from Xur , a vendor that appears only from Friday to Sunday or by dismantling Exotics. To buy from Xur you need Strange coins and those can be found in everything or nowhere.

I'm really torn on this game because of it. I really want to know how the story progresses, but I just can't progress due to the combat system. Sometime, when I play it, the encounters just make me angry, and I have to stop playing it :-(

Currently on my third break from the game :-( just after I have run finished Shell 1.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

As explained on the update page:

Story Time mode has been added. This difficulty setting is for people that want to experience the Pillars of Eternity story without having to build a party of adventurers focused on combat.

a.k.a untermensch!

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have been putting all my free time into Grim Dawn over the past few months, and most recently with the latest patch and look forward to the final release, but as you said, it's really complete right now.  I LOVE this game.  The setting, the gameplay, soundtrack, multiplayer aspect, character building.  Honestly, I hope these guys make good money on this.  I've never seen such a huge product from such a small team that has honestly been so stable and balanced upon release, with this much content.  There is a ton to this game!  I also look forward to the first expansion, due to having already paid for it as part of the loyalty buy from 3 years ago.  Anyone looking for a good ARPG can't go wrong with this game.  Even if you're not a huge ARPG fan, give it a try.  I've bought many copies for friends over the years and have heard all good things from them since then.

So far, it's meeting all my expectations and then soaring! I have this Loyalist edition as well, which I have almost forgot, so I look forward to those little perks when the real release sets in. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I wish more of the factions in Destiny had bounties you could do for them to raise your reputation with them.  Instead, they're forcing you to do MP (either MP itself or those 3 person strikes).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It used to be different. Vanguard bounties counted into whichever faction you were supporting or Vanguard if you weren't supporting any.

But yes more ways to earn faction rep are necessary, but will never happen or maybe in Destiny 2, whenever that arrives.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Story Mode might actually get me to play Pillars again... maybe.  It doesn't actually remove all that combat I never ever want to do ever again, but if it makes it a lot easier and presumably (and more importantly) much faster and less tedious, that's a start.  Pity it doesn't address the boring story.

Hear hear.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc came out for Linux yesterday.  

crazy-dance.gif

I've been hearing all types of good things about this series for years but have never gotten a chance to play them as they've been exclusively on Sony platforms before.  Anyway, a story-driven and completely bonkers game involving murder mysteries, catching people in lies, and puzzle solving?  Yep, this definitely sounds like my jam.  Between this and Sunless Sea, looks like me finishing my Satellite Reign playthrough is going back on the back burner.  Sorry, Satellite Reign.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

As some people will have cleverly spied in the picture-thread, the Purple Toe ran into a Bloodletter of Khorne. Stupid high initiative. It was going to be the purest of melee. Sisters of Sigmar and the Purple Toe pretty much deployed on opposite ends of a street, which they'd charge down and proceed to beat each other to a pulp. And right in the middle the Bloodletter appeared. Who was not weighed down by heavy armour and thus reached the daemon first? Us of course. True, the reason they managed to still emerge victorious is testament to my awesomely mad skills :p But if the Maiden of Sigmar had the time to get one more hit in, it would have been the Toe routing instead :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).