What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I was just strolling through a skirmish with my Sisters of Sigmar. Two of the girls were gathering wyrdstone while the rest had engaged the mercenaries on two corners. Suddenly and unexpectedly, the mercs reinforced one engagement. So I rushed a Sister Superior and the Purifier over to help and ensure the Novice had a chance to survive those halberds being swung at her. Right in the thick of the fighting, the Purifier turned to call down a Comet of Sigmar on the Veteran threatening our Novice. And got cursed by Tzeentch or was smote by Sigmar, who knows, who cares... the uncontrolled winds of magic lashed out through her at everyone around her, wounding all nearby warriors. "Open Wound" debuff on everyone, meaning that even though I pulled the rescue off and the Novice managed to retreat, with no casualties in the fight, 5 out of 8 Sisters still landed in the infirmary for two days :p

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm still in the process of playing through the Taken King story mode.  I've been doing other side content between tackling missions.  I tried to do some of the higher level Prison of Elder missions (I know it doesn't give you legendary marks), but they always make me solo it.  The only one where the game seems to actually match-make and find me 2 human companions is the very easiest level.

I've got a Gunsmith order currently placed, but I have to wait until next week.  Not sure why since I placed the order on Wednesday.  Apparently I missed the deadline by about 10 hours.

I've also gotten bad luck.  For instance, I rarely get legendary drops.  But in the rare instances I do, it always seems to be a duplicate.  Right now I've got two level 40 purple boots, but am stuck with a level 38 (and low defense rating) body armor and elbow pads.  Likewise I've got two level 40 legendary primary weapons, but no legendary special weapons.

Sorry, i forgot that PoE doesn't have matchmaking on the middle and highest difficulty.

And i believe you have to order until Saturday evening by the gunsmith to get stuff by wednesday. And later and you can't do it anymore or it counts as a new week from tuesday reset on.

And yes the state PVP is in is why i'm not playing Destiny these last 3 months, but since you "have" do suffer through only 10 minutes of one match for marks it should piss you off that much. :)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I thought the terrible loot system would be fixed by now in Witcher 3. I leveled Geralt to level 30 at the beginning of White Orchard, now every piece of generic iron/silver sword and gambeson beats the fixed Witcher gear.

Wouldn't be much of a problem provided non-Witcher armour didn't make Geralt look fat.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Sunless Sea has some of the most legitimately interesting writing I've seen in a game.  The stories it semi-randomly strings together are better than stories in the majority of games with a set story.  It helps that it takes place in a really weird setting that's so different from what we usually get.  That game is really fun.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm still in the process of playing through the Taken King story mode.  I've been doing other side content between tackling missions.  I tried to do some of the higher level Prison of Elder missions (I know it doesn't give you legendary marks), but they always make me solo it.  The only one where the game seems to actually match-make and find me 2 human companions is the very easiest level.

I've got a Gunsmith order currently placed, but I have to wait until next week.  Not sure why since I placed the order on Wednesday.  Apparently I missed the deadline by about 10 hours.

I've also gotten bad luck.  For instance, I rarely get legendary drops.  But in the rare instances I do, it always seems to be a duplicate.  Right now I've got two level 40 purple boots, but am stuck with a level 38 (and low defense rating) body armor and elbow pads.  Likewise I've got two level 40 legendary primary weapons, but no legendary special weapons.

Sorry, i forgot that PoE doesn't have matchmaking on the middle and highest difficulty.

And i believe you have to order until Saturday evening by the gunsmith to get stuff by wednesday. And later and you can't do it anymore or it counts as a new week from tuesday reset on.

And yes the state PVP is in is why i'm not playing Destiny these last 3 months, but since you "have" do suffer through only 10 minutes of one match for marks it should piss you off that much. :)

I've played a bit of PvP.  I've actually done surprising well.  Especially if I use my (mind going blank here on the class name) Stormchaser?  Storm something?  class.  When my special power is full, I can take out multiple opponents quite easily.

The problem is they put a limit on how many games you can play and earn legendary marks.  I played 3 games today, and now it doesn't give me legendary marks if I play more.  What's worse is the legendary mark thing is carried across all characters on your account, so I can't even load up my secondary and third character to do the PvP and earn Legendary marks.  I've reached my max.

And speaking of gear, I found my FOURTH pair of legendary boots that are level 40 and Light of 240 or more.  Yet I'm stuck with a blue body armor that's not even level 40 and whose Light rating is like 215 (which lowers my overall Light score).  That and crappy elbow/arm pads that are also blue and lower than level 40.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

More Destiny goodness.

I played my first Iron Banner match tonight.  I decided to give it a go since one of the bounty rewards was 25 Legendary marks.  It's going to take some time and a lot of luck though.  13 matches (which is doable if a bit tedious) and 7 wins (which will basically be luck of the draw ending up on a good team).

I have enough Legendary marks to buy a purple engram from the dude on the Reef station, but I'm worried about wasting it on an engram that might end up turning into nothing more than a strange coin or some gear I don't need.  I've had that happen before, getting stoked about finding an engram for equipment I didn't yet have, only to see it turn into something else.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Sunless Sea has some of the most legitimately interesting writing I've seen in a game.  The stories it semi-randomly strings together are better than stories in the majority of games with a set story.  It helps that it takes place in a really weird setting that's so different from what we usually get.  That game is really fun.

Wouldn't mind a proper ar pee gee in the setting though. Maybe with really awkward romances and temper tantrums just when the fate of the whole Zee is at stake. And I know just the right developer to do that :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

More Destiny goodness.

I played my first Iron Banner match tonight.  I decided to give it a go since one of the bounty rewards was 25 Legendary marks.  It's going to take some time and a lot of luck though.  13 matches (which is doable if a bit tedious) and 7 wins (which will basically be luck of the draw ending up on a good team).

I have enough Legendary marks to buy a purple engram from the dude on the Reef station, but I'm worried about wasting it on an engram that might end up turning into nothing more than a strange coin or some gear I don't need.  I've had that happen before, getting stoked about finding an engram for equipment I didn't yet have, only to see it turn into something else.

Yeah you usually get the damn artifact when you want armor from diagrams. Weapon diagrams do give you weapons though. 

And iron banner is a chore especially for you since unlike normal Crucible it's Level Advantaged, so you'll die faster and do far less damage.

And yes, you only get legendary marks for 1 daily crucible match and 3 weekly crucible matches, might even be wins, not sure.  And yeah i might have been better if they weren't shared on all 3 characters, but the old system was even worse. 200 vanguard marks and 200 crucible marks on each characters was even more tasking to grind. Especially since Vanguard marks turned out to be useless pretty fast. Though you might have used the other thing they removed, selling materials (spinmetal, spirit bloom,...) for marks.  SP only players used to do that a lot.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yesterday, I have played little bit more of EU2, but something is wrong with Diplomacy or with me, and I do not know how to solve it. I am fulfilling all of the requirements to make another country as my vassal, but the option is still inactive on my Diplomacy screen. A week or month later, while I am still unable to act, the second country ask to become their vassal instead. I really do not know what to do, because I am stuck and without doing this Diplomacy thingie, I am unable to expand any more :(

Can anybody tell me/help me what am I or the game doing wrong? It will be much appreciated.

Anyway here is the link to the second part of my LP/AAR.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah I have read it before, and all requirements are fulfilled :( They are offering me vassalization, I can not offer it to them :( They do have Permanent Casus Beli on me, but there was never mention about it anywhere in the requirements :(

The only time requirement is 30 years for Diplo Annexation. The game is sometimes behaving strangely. My ruler has more than 100 years now, and is still alive and kicking.

Hey, it's not effectively any worse than the current EU4 implementation, where being literally >10x as big and powerful as a country right next to you (who's only a few provinces large) still isn't enough to vassalize, and the only real way to vassalize is through war...which I was trying to avoid by building up perfect relations with the target country.

I miss the EU4 from a few expansions ago. :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I had to try out Grim Dawn again since it was officially released last week. I must say I'm a bit surprised by how much has changed since I last played it in the beta (early access?). Especially the map layouts show bigger changes than I anticipated, which is a good thing. I tried to not play the beta too much because I was afraid I would grow tired of the maps before the game was even released, but I see now that my worried were unfounded.

Great game, by the way.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Wouldn't mind a proper ar pee gee in the setting though. Maybe with really awkward romances and temper tantrums just when the fate of the whole Zee is at stake. And I know just the right developer to do that :p

Dear lord, I shudder at the thought of how a certain Edmonton based developer would butcher the setting. smiley-scared001.gif

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Through a lot of luck, I was able to achieve the Iron Banner bounty that rewards 25 Legendary marks.  That, combined with some old gear I didn't use and my previous marks, allowed me to purchase a legendary chest plate and elbow/arm guards.  Not a single piece of my equipment is less than Year 2 legendary now.

What a frustrating experience that was, though.  Now I'll go back to SP and not bothering with MP stuff for a while.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for how rewards are given out post-match in multiplayer.  Three times tonight I was the *only* person on my team who didn't get a reward.  One time I finished second, one time I was third, and once fifth.  The one where I finished 2nd was even more annoying because the dude who finished last on the team with a horrible K/D ratio got a purple boot engram.

On Sunday another few hours spent with EU2 \o/ The issue with vassalization was solved, because Mutapa decided to declare war on me :D Still being pissed off, because I was not able to do what I was planning from the beginning :-/

Anyway, more detailed description of the session >here<.

Finished off Hearts of Stone for Witcher 3, that was a fun little story. Tricky boss fights for me, Caretaker was the easiest of them for me - well I guess the Wraith was fairly simple as well.

Now that that is done, on to Tropico 5. So far so good - isn't faceroll easy like Tropico 3.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for how rewards are given out post-match in multiplayer.  Three times tonight I was the *only* person on my team who didn't get a reward.  One time I finished second, one time I was third, and once fifth.  The one where I finished 2nd was even more annoying because the dude who finished last on the team with a horrible K/D ratio got a purple boot engram.

YUp, that's destiny since day one. And well in year one you had to watch people get great guns of all colors, even Exotic. 

Now you can imagine what a chore it was to get this far.

http://i.imgur.com/iMiZx5a.png

And then came year 2, and i was stupid enough to bother for everything once again.

http://i.imgur.com/49AW97T.png

and once they introduce more stuff, i'll probably be grinding it yet again.

edit: and the only things i ever wanted in year 2  was the new FWC ship and the new Iron Banner ship. ... rarest loot in the game they say. But from 10 friends who regularly played with me, 4 have them ...

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'd like to know what kind of shotgun my opponents are using in PvP.  Seems while I'm unloading on them with my auto rifle, they just run up to me and shoot me once with their shotgun and I'm dead.  Meanwhile, whenever I try and shoot someone with mine all it does is take down their shields, they move around a corner, and I'm done.