What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

It's actually based on a book series so the ending - lame or not - isn't really on M. Night...unless they change the end.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It would be interesting to see if the 6th Sense were regarded so highly if he'd done, say, The Wicker Man first instead. I actually enjoyed TWM well enough, despite the twist being fairly obvious.

I've watched the first two Wayward Pines and so far I'd say it has been promising. And if nothing else it is fun to speculate on what any obligatory M Night twist might be.

First the Mandarin was in Springfield, now American Ninja Warrior is in Kansas City, I was just there on Wednesday WHAT IS HAPPENING MISSOURI

Seriously, should I buy a lotto ticket, what is happening. I just finished watching Thor: The Dark World featuring Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif, and then I turn on NBC for some Ninja Warrior and they promo a new TV show called Blindspot featuring Jaimie Alexander, who I haven't seen in anything since Thor: The Dark World five minutes ago. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

It would be interesting to see if the 6th Sense were regarded so highly if he'd done, say, The Wicker Man first instead. I actually enjoyed TWM well enough, despite the twist being fairly obvious.

Neil Labute was responsible for the Wicker Man remake. Robin Hardy for the good original one. No M. Night Shyamalan.

Mind you Shyamalan's actual film done prior to THE 6TH SENSE - the dramedy WIDE AWAKE with Rosie O'Donnel didn't exactly point to his later career either...

I've watched the first two Wayward Pines and so far I'd say it has been promising. And if nothing else it is fun to speculate on what any obligatory M Night twist™ might be.

Unless they change the end, the twist should be the book's twist. I can't imagine that they'd change the end of the book after getting the rights to make a series - but could be wrong.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, I'm not sure how M Night Shyamalamadingdong became so terrible. The Sixth Sense was good, Unbreakable was better and Signs, while having an awful script with plotholes you can drive a spaceship through, was at least competently directed and had a powerful, oppressive atmosphere. But after that, it was just turd after turd.

• Like 1

I liked Lady in the Water

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure how M Night Shyamalamadingdong became so terrible. The Sixth Sense was good, Unbreakable was better and Signs, while having an awful script with plotholes you can drive a spaceship through, was at least competently directed and had a powerful, oppressive atmosphere. But after that, it was just turd after turd.

Samuel L. Jackson was amazing in Unbreakable.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Lucha Underground is the most I cannot miss an episode under any circumstances, I will elbow a pregnant woman carrying a baby out of the way if I have to to not miss a second show since Breaking Bad ended.  It's the most amazing wrestling show I've ever seen, it's like this show was written specifically for me.  It's campy as all hell, hilarious at times, gets really dark at times, and they have consistent and logical character and storyline progression every single week...  As logical as you can get in a universe with a reincarnated dragon in human form, an evil ninja skeleton, a teleporting succubus that controls a man who just got stronger by dying and absorbing the power from the guy who put him in the coffin, an evil authority figure who's brother is a murderous cage monster, and Chun Li.  Oh, and they have really great wrestling matches and stuff like this happens:

7Rc8VyP.gif

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Whose Line Is It Anyway.

It's come a long way since its early days, first as a radio show and then tv on channel 4..  Although it's kind of amusing to see how half the rotating comedian guests are still involved 25 years on.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Lucha Underground is the most I cannot miss an episode under any circumstances, I will elbow a pregnant woman carrying a baby out of the way if I have to to not miss a second show since Breaking Bad ended. It's the most amazing wrestling show I've ever seen, it's like this show was written specifically for me. It's campy as all hell, hilarious at times, gets really dark at times, and they have consistent and logical character and storyline progression every single week... As logical as you can get in a universe with a reincarnated dragon in human form, an evil ninja skeleton, a teleporting succubus that controls a man who just got stronger by dying and absorbing the power from the guy who put him in the coffin, an evil authority figure who's brother is a murderous cage monster, and Chun Li. Oh, and they have really great wrestling matches and stuff like this happens:

7Rc8VyP.gif

Where do you watch it? It sounds like exactly what I want in wrestling. I miss old WWE with brainwashing cults, vampires, snd the Ministry of Darkness. With Mankind falling off the top of the cage onto some tacks and Jeff Hardy doing a moonsault off a 20 ft ladder. Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just watched GoT. WTF? I mean really, WTF? The Red Wedding, beheadings, rapes, incest, enough death to choke a maggot on a gut wagon, that's all fine and good. But what they did tonight? WTF? Even GRRM never stooped to that and based on where the characters are in the book it looks like he won't.

Of course I'm not going to stop watching or anything like that. It is just a TV show after all. Not like anyone ACTUALLY got hurt. Plus it's not like there isn't some historical precedent for this kind of thing. Just read the Iliad.

But seriously, WTF?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

L0L

\

You can blame the success of the Red Wedding/Ned's beheading for this. It's about being dark, and edgy, and 'shocking'. That's how the tv show made its moolah so how do you top soemthing like the Red Wedding? Something even more shocking....

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nope. Alive and well and not even with Stannis to be burned.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just watched GoT. WTF? I mean really, WTF? The Red Wedding, beheadings, rapes, incest, enough death to choke a maggot on a gut wagon, that's all fine and good. But what they did tonight? WTF? Even GRRM never stooped to that and based on where the characters are in the book it looks like he won't.

Of course I'm not going to stop watching or anything like that. It is just a TV show after all. Not like anyone ACTUALLY got hurt. Plus it's not like there isn't some historical precedent for this kind of thing. Just read the Iliad.

But seriously, WTF?

Yeah, I was upset with Bronn getting smacked too.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Where do you watch it? It sounds like exactly what I want in wrestling. I miss old WWE with brainwashing cults, vampires, snd the Ministry of Darkness. With Mankind falling off the top of the cage onto some tacks and Jeff Hardy doing a moonsault off a 20 ft ladder.

It's on the El Rey Network at 8 PM EDT on Wednesdays.   If you don't get El Rey Network you can find episodes on dailymotion.  Not sure how legal that is, but they're there.

Also, they have a guy who wears a deer head to the ring, because, why wouldn't he?

tumblr_nfvwrkGYKB1teumb9o1_500.png

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Does she not die in the books?

Potential book 6 spoiler, though I guess most of the stuff on the show now is potential book 6 spoiler...

Allegedly she is going to die in the books, and her death comes from Martin rather than the show specifically

Where do you watch it? It sounds like exactly what I want in wrestling. I miss old WWE with brainwashing cults, vampires, snd the Ministry of Darkness. With Mankind falling off the top of the cage onto some tacks and Jeff Hardy doing a moonsault off a 20 ft ladder.

It's on the El Rey Network at 8 PM EDT on Wednesdays.   If you don't get El Rey Network you can find episodes on dailymotion.  Not sure how legal that is, but they're there.

Also, they have a guy who wears a deer head to the ring, because, why wouldn't he?

tumblr_nfvwrkGYKB1teumb9o1_500.png

Yeah, no El Rey in Canada, so dailymotion it is.

Devastatorsig.jpg