What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

Don't watch SHIELD but saw the ending bit. Given that they are super scared of that black block, seemed like the security was pretty crappy, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh ok, sister said it was something they were spooked about. Security was pretty crap though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Inhumans were scared of it, thinking that it was an object that had been designed to kill Inhumans left by the Kree.

SHEILD had it since the 50s and they generally seemed to be okay leaving it alone in its plastic box in the ship.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I needed to snerk. There was an episode of Hawaii-5-0 on in the background and I caught the characters talking about the major bad ass of a guy who killed a hitman from 100 yards with a rifle. Of course, one of the 5-0 task force pulled out a pistol and snapped a shot off back at that guy... and wounded him.  Then continued to shoot at the target from that distance with members of the public still around.

I know they're silly shows and all, but still, sometimes you just have to eye roll.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's always fun to see Doctor Who Alumni branching out.

One day they're a companion to a Time Lord.. and the next they're an agent of the Time Masters....  :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This viral marketing ad has been intriguing me no end, looks very Blade Runner-ish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4OikGQvbiI

Apparently the program will be called Humans and air on Channel 4 sometime in June.

Edit: Truth be told I originally thought that it might be a Mankind Divided ad.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Supergirl? CBS getting in on that superhero wagon train...

I feel like it's a long ad for some CW show, but who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Supergirl? CBS getting in on that superhero wagon train...

It reminds me of a somewhat better take on some of the ideas that were present in that wonder woman pilot a few years back.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I wasn't crazy about arrow, and flash has yet to completely hook me, But I liked the legends of tomorrow promo

My guess is all that stuff is from the pilot.

Just finished catching up on Supernatural. I've stuck with -even in the face of the just absolutely terrible (and not in a good way) leviathan-, and enjoyed watching, this series for a long while now even while knowing the best of the show was way in the past. But at this point the scriptwriters are really just phoning it in. Even the death of little miss perfect* didn't cause me much happiness considering how contrived it all was. For now I will keep watching, hoping that the show will redeem itself, but I am probably just fooling myself.

I mean... No offence to Felicia Day, but Charlie constantly upstaging everyone and the show's constant need to show just how great and awesome she was just made me want to hurl.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Game of Thrones. Holy ****.

sansa%20ramsay.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That was one of those cruel moments where I just go "why do I watch this show again?" but thankfully it was preceded by some awesome Arya and Tyrion stuff. Although the much publicized Sand Snakes are a huge letdown.

At least it had the line about dwarves and merchants who sell parts of them.

Yes it was, it just didn't happen to Sansa. Sansa and Jeyne Poole have been merged for the season so they didn't have to introduce another pointless character and an established character actually appears. That by itself is an improvement on the book. Sucks for Sansa, but I guess she's always been the chew-toy.