What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

Blacklist gets better, and they develop the FBI guy quite a bit over the season.  

Yeah Blacklist is epic, I love the show 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That I never watched Xfiles?

Also, it's hilarious how this show is all about the FBI... even though the show is basically a spy thriller rather than a cops show.

Well...then my joke doesn't work very well, but my point was that Scully happens to also be wrong 99% of the time when she disagrees with Mulder, and she also happens to be an FBI agent. :p For some reason, most everyone who watches the show still loves her, though...

I haven't really watched enough of Luther (two episodes, maybe?) Blacklist (also like two episodes :p) to say anything truly relevant. :grin:

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Blacklist gets better, and they develop the FBI guy quite a bit over the season.  

Blacklist is amazing.  Seasons 1 and 2 were simply outstanding, can't wait for the release of season 3.

The Following was cancelled after season 3 (although there are rumours of it being picked up by Netflix or someone else).  

Edited by kgambit

Enjoyed the finale of Once Upon a Time, especially the ending.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Supernatural, as I ate a light brunch.

"Haha, that Crowley's a card - talking to a hamster."

"Sam's a terrible liar. Also, he's being stupid again."

"Ooo, Dean's gonna be mad."

"Wait, what??? NOOOOOOOO."

Charlieeeeeeeeeee!!!

Is she truly gone??? Dang cliffhangers.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Blacklist is amazing.  Seasons 1 and 2 were simply outstanding, can't wait for the release of season 3.

The Following was cancelled after season 3 (although there are rumours of it being picked up by Netflix or someone else).  

Yeah I stopped watching The Following after season 1

But Penny Dreadful season two is out now and as before its excellent  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Supernatural, as I ate a light brunch.

"Haha, that Crowley's a card - talking to a hamster."

"Sam's a terrible liar. Also, he's being stupid again."

"Ooo, Dean's gonna be mad."

"Wait, what??? NOOOOOOOO."

Charlieeeeeeeeeee!!!

Is she truly gone??? Dang cliffhangers.

Preview for this week had them burning the body. So far this season has had very little direction, and no build up for the end. My guess is they just felt like they needed to kill someone to build tension as it gets into the last few episodes.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Guys seriously...if you are not watching Salem then you simply are just not living

Its on Season 2

John Milton 

Community is really going out with a whimper.

Yeah, I dont understand how they managed to suck out all the magic just by switching to yahoo. It is weird.

Same thing happened to futurama on Comedy Central. The extra freedom translated to a less refined product.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Preview for this week had them burning the body. So far this season has had very little direction, and no build up for the end. My guess is they just felt like they needed to kill someone to build tension as it gets into the last few episodes.

Agreed. This season is all over the place, story arcs coming and disappearing, no central focus. Well, except for the Mark of Cain business I guess. But that's not very compelling the way they've gone about it. I suppose Dean needed a push into Mark Madness again, or something.

At least we saw Bobby again. I still miss his character.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So many things have happened on Supernatural that there isn't any tension left and nothing feels important anymore.

So Dean is turning to the dark side because of the mark. Except he's already done that when he died and went to hell. Oh yeah he died twice now. He went to purgatory which is just another version of hell. They are just going in circles.

• Like 1

The original muppet show was great, I watched it as both a child and not that long ago and it is one of those few programs that entertains the kids but also has enough there for the adults to enjoy. I'd be a bit worried about any new ones not holding up to my memories of the old though.

Season finale of Wolf Hall on Masterpiece. Stupid British 6-episode seasons...aired on Sunday, but I didn't get around to watching it until now. Great season finale - I was praying for the death of a certain character GoT-style, but then...then it actually arrived, and they did it so well that I felt terrible that it happened, and now I wish it hadn't. 16th century England, I tell you what...nobody's good. Even the main character, Cromwell, is a bit corrupt...but he's still better than the rest.

Wonder if there'll be a second season.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Season finale of Wolf Hall on Masterpiece. Stupid British 6-episode seasons...aired on Sunday, but I didn't get around to watching it until now. Great season finale - I was praying for the death of a certain character GoT-style, but then...then it actually arrived, and they did it so well that I felt terrible that it happened, and now I wish it hadn't. 16th century England, I tell you what...nobody's good. Even the main character, Cromwell, is a bit corrupt...but he's still better than the rest.

Wonder if there'll be a second season.

I'm a Sir Thomas More loyalist myself.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Lucifer solving crimes with a hot detective who is immune to his charms. It really is quite cringe worthy.

As someone who liked the comic, this is pretty awful. Not nearly as bad as the AMC Preacher though.

Haven't watched a lot of TV recently, any suggestions?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm a Sir Thomas More loyalist myself.

You may not wish to watch Wolf Hall, then, :biggrin:

• Like 1

Too late. Finished the fifth episode.

I find this to be appropriate for the subject matter.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Brooklyn 99 had me rewinding a couple times due to great lines from Capt. Holt. Andre Braugher's delivery on "Call me Velvet. Thunder!" can't be beat.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Every episode of The Flash so far has been fun, exciting, pretty funny. Badass ... no, not until tonight. Damn. Snart, finally believable and menacing.

Agents of SHIELD, riveting. I am still literally riveted to my chair. JEMMA ARE YOU OKAY

All Stop. On Screen.

Lucifer solving crimes with a hot detective who is immune to his charms. It really is quite cringe worthy.

As someone who liked the comic, this is pretty awful. Not nearly as bad as the AMC Preacher though.

Haven't watched a lot of TV recently, any suggestions?

They can't really steal much about the storylines from the comics given how.... adult things get there (a tarot deck raping and impregnating a woman for example)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.