What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

Caught up on Supernatural again, although I might have missed an episode or two. Still not grooving on this season, but nice to have Castiel back, and the "boys are back in town" car scene was awesome. And Crowley is always fun. Maybe he should have his own spin-off someday. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Vikings S3 is good so far; I'm glad they finally addressed the warrior wimmin nonsense, every woman you see actively fight gets owned even by level 1 Mercian grunts.

Of course Lagertha is still bad-ass but she cannot die because she's hot.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Of course Lagertha is still bad-ass but she cannot die because she's hot.

This is exactly how I felt about Daryl on The Walking Dead, until he apparently decided that growing out his hair into a Shaggy-doo and never washing it again was a good thing. Perhaps it keeps the zombies away.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 Episodes into the 1st season of Bates Motel.  Promising so far. Like how it feels like the films (although so far it feels more Psycho 2 than Psycho) even with all the changes.

It's pretty good. I'm waiting for all the episodes of Season 3 to come out and then I'll marathon watch it in one go. Can't wait!

I liked Ep 3 on Bates Motel (I'm not a binge watcher - I have no time - so I get only one episode a week unless something special happens). Seeing some of Norman's problems surfacing was interesting.

Agents of SHIELD - man this isn't going to end well for anybody, I don't think.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Caught up on The Flash last night, awesome as always.

Grodd hate banana! :lol: Also, and I know Im not supposed to think too hard, but why does it take The Flash 5.3 miles to hit supersonic speed? When they show him flashing around town it seems hes travelling much faster than ~760 MPH. :shrugz:

Cant wait for the climatic battle next week!

Entertainment Weekly - Series Cancelled and Renewed

Well, it looks like Forever has been given the chop, but we will be getting a second go around of Galavant...

More Hayley Atwell, very good. Maybe an Ant-Man crossover next season. 

Pretty funny to see Weird Al and Regis guest on the same show last night, The Odd Couple. Matthew Perry is slightly above forgettable, but his co-star is a riot. 

All Stop. On Screen.

For that comment from Ioan Gruffud..

My dear friends, fans, supporters.
Tonight, as you all now know, I received a phone call that I was hoping not to receive, and to be honest I really wasn’t expecting it. I knew the numbers hadn’t been great, but I also knew the studio and the network both loved the show, and of course that it had an incredible fan base…so I thought we were in with a pretty good chance.

But sadly no, this time the cards weren’t dealt in our favor. Show business is like that. Hell, life is like that. You ride to the top of the wave and then you come crashing down again. I asked Alice to send out the sad news because I was a little bit shaken up and needed time to gather my thoughts.

So I sat down and started reading the thousands of Tweets in response to the announcement. And the more I read, the more I couldn’t believe it. The love, the sense of solidarity, the hope, the kindness, the support. Not just for the show, but for each other. And slowly I began to focus on what we had gained in the past year, rather than what we had lost in the last five minutes. I was overcome by a sense of gratitude. To have met you all and to have you all rooting for me and the show. At having a chance to play the role of my dreams, even if it was only for a year. To have been given the chance to bring Henry to life.

Watching the interaction of the FOREVER fans come together and share their love for the show has been breath-taking. It was you guys who held me up when I thought I could no longer go on. (Those days were LONG!) You made me smile when you pointed out the little things I did on screen that I thought had gone unnoticed. You gave me confidence when I accidentally found myself reading less than shining reviews. You were always with me, every step of the way, waving your flags, shouting your support for the show. It’s been an incredible, wonderful year, one that I will never, ever forget.

And guess what? The memories belong to us. We get to keep them ‘forever!’ Thanks again a million times for your unwavering support. Stay strong, be brave, and show kindness as often as you can!
Ioan xxx

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I quite enjoyed it. There was some element of silly to it, but in general the cast worked really well together and it played quite nicely.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I was interested based on the cast, but the commercials made it seem like Fantasy Castle-esque TV show with lots of sillyness so always switched the channel after Agents of SHIELD.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Glad about Agent Carter. Not looking good for Constantine.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Maybe another channel will pick it up... but not likely.

I also just heard they're turning Rush Hour, the Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker movie series, into a show (albeit with a different cast). My first instinct was to hate it, until I found it it's being run by Bill Lawrence (Scrubs). Now I'm mildly curious.

As much as its cool to hate on Chris Tucker, I don't think a Rush Hour series will be the same without him.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just started watching Blacklist after seeing James Spader in Age of Ultron. I'm only in the first few episodes but some of the contortions they go through to ensure that the show stays in "DC" is kinda hilarious.

Also, why is the other FBI officer ALWAYS wrong? I mean I understand he's there to be a foil to Spader's character, but if you have somebody be ALWAYS wrong in a work of fiction, you end up making that character look like a complete useless fool.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also, why is the other FBI officer ALWAYS wrong? I mean I understand he's there to be a foil to Spader's character, but if you have somebody be ALWAYS wrong in a work of fiction, you end up making that character look like a complete useless fool.

3431ae3629.png

What're you trying to say here? :unsure:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

3431ae3629.png

What're you trying to say here? :unsure:

That I never watched Xfiles?

Also, it's hilarious how this show is all about the FBI... even though the show is basically a spy thriller rather than a cops show.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.