RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

Will probably too, at least for the lowest digital tier that gives me the game. I'll buy it later anyway, so I can as well spend the money right now.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I like the unit graphics in that one. Wish I still had the patience for that sort of RTS.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Grey Goo looks cool.  Not my cup of tea since I don't usually play RTSs, on account of sucking horribly at them (I generally like to take my sweet time in tactical/strategy type games, which is fine in turn-based and not at all fine in real-time), but I appreciate the genre and the skills necessary to excel at them.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

NExt-Gen Hitman To be Revealed Later this Year

Hitman developer IO Interactive has confirmed that the latest instalment in the series is due for a full reveal later in the year.

Though the new Hitman game was first mentioned in January 2014, little has been said of it since. Developer IO Interactive previously confirmed that the game will depict "a globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career", and confirmed it will ship on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Following a protracted silence, one fan asked IO Interactive via its official twitter account when the new game will ship, to which the studio replied "there's more info coming this year and we can't wait to share it".

According to comments made by IO Interactive last year, the new Hitman game will retain the "core" of the series, insofar as players can use a "wide range" of tools to take out a diverse group of targets on a global scale.

The game will run on a form of the Glacier 2 engine, which powered 2012's Hitman: Absolution.

"We're packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game," IO Interactive stated at the time.

"We've adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing, and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves."

Contracts Mode, a mission-editor feature that allows players to create murder scenarios, will also return for the new Hitman game. Players will be able to create these challenges and then share them online.

"You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47's magic pockets," the developer said. "We believe that's all we need to say about that subject."

Hitman Absolution, the last triple-A instalment in the series, was released in 2012. Since then, series co-developer Square Enix Montreal has been working on expanding the IP to mobile, and in April last year it shipped a puzzle game called Hitman Go, which was nominated by GameSpot as one of the best mobile games of 2014.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"We've adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing, and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves."

Uh huh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52374/gtav-pc-new-release-date-first-screens-and-system-specs

GTA 5 release in March now

Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
DVD Drive

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52374/gtav-pc-new-release-date-first-screens-and-system-specs

GTA 5 release in March now

Minimum specifications:

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz

Memory: 4GB

Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)

DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)

Memory: 8GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB

DVD Drive

Awesome, can't wait. Very excited  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

For those who haven't seen this yet, a web site called XP4T is running a best RPGs of the 80s poll.

Great idea but I  sadly haven't played one of those games  :blush: 

But its not my fault, I grew up near the end of Apartheid and we  didn't have access to certain things as easily as others 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wasted many, many hours in Battletech: Crescent Hawks Inception

Is that the leg actuator or the coolant exhaust port?

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Has there been any word on the progress or potential release date of Pillars of Eternity?  I don't believe I've heard much in the past few weeks as far as updates and wanted to see if anyone here has heard anything?  

I'm guessing March/April. I hope it isn't March 24 as I have seen on some sites. That's the same release date as GTAV PC version.

• Like 1

Total War: Warhammer?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677233-Total-War-WARHAMMER-officially-revealed

There have been rumors before, but this seems solid.

Games Workshop's whoring out of the Warhammer license continues.  This time they can finally deliver the bug-filled, utterly broken experience their fans have been craving by partnering with Creative Assembly!  :shifty:

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Total War: Warhammer?http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677233-Total-War-WARHAMMER-officially-revealed

Games Workshop's whoring out of the Warhammer license continues.  This time they can finally deliver the bug-filled, utterly broken experience their fans have been craving by partnering with Creative Assembly!  :shifty:

OH SNAP!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677233-Total-War-WARHAMMER-officially-revealed

Games Workshop's whoring out of the Warhammer license continues. This time they can finally deliver the bug-filled, utterly broken experience their fans have been craving by partnering with Creative Assembly! :shifty:

didn't the license just go with Relic when Sega bought them?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

THQ had a license for 40K exclusivity, not fantasy. And that license just died with THQ.

Now there's no exclusivity on 40K, but no rumors of deals either.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The entire Total War series is just a dumbed-down version of Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat anyway. /care :shrugz:

• Like 3

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

THQ had a license for 40K exclusivity, not fantasy. And that license just died with THQ.

Now there's no exclusivity on 40K, but no rumors of deals either.

Doesn't Slitherine own the 40K license now?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours