RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

a lot of my friends believe there will never be a Borderlands 3 game, actually, because of how BL2 ends. they think Gearbox will go straight to a quasi-MMO game in the BL universe

Yeah...I'm not terribly convinced that a "Borderlands 3" would be something I'd like. It'll probably be some f2p online thingie with lots of micro-transactions instead of skin-dlc's. :lol: But I'd still be curious to hear details of what they have in mind. So I can then complain. ;)
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, if it is like 2 then that will be fun in co-op.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

****ing co-op is for casualf**s

Well, Borderlands 2 is pretty boring in SP.

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There is the principle at stake here. Coop only games are designed to attract the weak who would have been weeded and bullied out after trying multiplayer a single time and having had the experience of being called a multitude of colourful names they never knew existed. It's multiplayer with training wheels, it does not even deserve to be called so. These people should stick to playing candy crush and angry birds and leave multiplayer to those who can stomach it. 

The strong survive and become legend. But how can they hope to do so without wadning through rivers of blood and butthurt to achieve their goals.

Got a little dramatic towards the end there. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I already play Counterstrike to be told my mother's a whore and that I am a **** as well as a Jew. I make sure to get my RDA of abuse online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4LdlLQ7izo

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

you have misconceptions regarding co-op, Gorgon. it's not multiplayer. imagine playing Chip & Dale 2 without your co-op buddy. or Battletoads, or Hard Corps - that's just wrong. same with Borderlands, it's not meant to be played alone

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I already play Counterstrike to be told my mother's a whore and that I am a **** as well as a Jew. I make sure to get my RDA of abuse online.

Kudos, you have to be good to earn that kind of rage.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not everyone finds beating up on other players very entertaining in action games. I personally find that type of play boring. Judging from the popularity of Borderlands series, I'd say quite a few feel that way. Kinda like how some movies are more fun if you watch them with others. It's fun to go through a light story/arena fight campaign with a friend or spouse etc. vs. just running around hiding behind corners and popping up to shoot each other in the face.

Strategy games are different things. I find strategy passable/amusing in single-player, since I'm a loner, but of course if you want harder/less predictable challenge you have to play against other humans, because AI sucks.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got a little dramatic towards the end there. 

It started that way.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So far I'm seeing new Pre-Sequel stuff/DLC and maybe they said "we'd like to work on a new Borderlands soon" but that's about it. Guess I'll look it up tomorrow...time for me to head back to bed soon.

Was hoping for word of Tales from the Borderlands Episode 2. Did I miss it?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Don't know about what they said, but they played a trailer I think.

• Like 2

Oh and IGN just put this up re: BL3. Basically sounds like an appeasement dialogue...not actually working on it at all, but "help us out with ideas" or even job talent maybe, or something. :getlost: Yawn.

Don't know about what they said, but they played a trailer I think.

Now this I want to play, all the cool characters and setting minus the gameplay I dislike from the main series.  Hopefully Telltale makes a Linux version eventually.  They make a Mac version already, meaning it already works with OpenGL and a unix-like OS. 

/crosses fingers

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There is the principle at stake here. Coop only games are designed to attract the weak who would have been weeded and bullied out after trying multiplayer a single time and having had the experience of being called a multitude of colourful names they never knew existed.

I played Icewind Dale 2 co-op with a friend, we each controlled 2 characters, was excellent. Where is the multiplayer in IWD2 that we were too weak for? ;)

I played countless hours in Diablo 2 with buddies, have lots of fond memories. I played Diablo 3 mostly alone, but when the game was revamped, I joined the Obsidian guild and played Hardcore with Indira. Because it is fun, especially HC, with is very stressful.

I played countless hours in Borderlands 1 and 2, sadly mostly without buddies (they don't like FPSs), but it was always better when someone else was joining me.

Co-op is about playing shoulder-to-shoulder with people you like playing with, your gaming buddies (although it can be played with strangers, it's a lot less fun that way). Discussing tactics and builds, cheering each other on, reviving each other (the trend started with Left 4 Dead, it's a Valve invention), sharing loot as needed, telling jokes, spreading gossip, and so on.

Co-op is FUN.

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

In keeping with one of their old design tenets, inherited from GW1, the expansion does not increase the level cap and does not bring in new item tiers or rarity, only new skins. banana.gif  It's one of the reasons why I'm such a diehard ArenaNet fan.

Not only did they keep the level cap at 80, they straight up said "Yeah, we're just making the new area more challenging", which I think a lot of people hoped for.

That said, I do hope there are some new lower level areas in the expansion. Something to play with my level <80 alts

• Like 1

In some truly random gaming related news the Greek economist who designed Valve's economic model designed to fleece obsessive compulsives of their cash is set to fleece Germans of their cash become Greece's new finance minister. Expect the Euro crisis to be solved by selling a plethora of regional hats, achievements (1% annualised growth unlocked!), trading cards and gamifying everything under the sun.

• Like 7

Help fund Broken Age.