RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I know, I load it up once in a while just because it brings a wide grin to my face. Now if they develop Occulus support then I might actually consider never leaving it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Trailer for Destiny expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4icKXFytWM

stone-cold-laughing.gif

Maybe the content will be good, but that trailer is awful.  I get they were going for camp, they just failed spectacularly.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Trailer for Destiny expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4icKXFytWM

stone-cold-laughing.gif

Maybe the content will be good, but that trailer is awful.  I get they were going for camp, they just failed spectacularly.

-  "Here's your report, chief. Our focus groups showed that a film called Guardians of the Galaxy is the 'in' thing among kids nowadays"

-  "Excellent. Contact the head of marketing and get the lead animator in as well. We need to capitalize on this 'in' thing"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So in a rather unprecedented move the Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass has been cancelled. Bloody hell, I knew it was flopping, but to cut and run this early is still rather surprising.

You know what? It's a good move on Ubisoft part; after they gave the guy who made AC: 3 the Lead Designer job for Unity and it turned out to be a flop, the only thing they can do is apologize in the form of a  free game. A free buggy game called FarCry 4 but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Um so if the only game that I wanted to play was Unity, and I already paid for it, now I can't play it but I can choose something else..

Isn't that illegal in some form or other? You're entitled to the product you bought, and if they can't provide it, a refund? A seller shouldn't be able to keep the money and offer another product, unless its the same thing (that works).

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

So in a rather unprecedented move the Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass has been cancelled. Bloody hell, I knew it was flopping, but to cut and run this early is still rather surprising.

"Unfortunately, at launch, the overall quality of the game was diminished by bugs and unexpected technical issues."

A pity I'm at work and can't laugh as loudly as I'd want. Oh, and the list of games they offer as a compensation - is it supposed to be yet another insult?

Edited by prodigydancer

I got bored of Far Cry 3 in about 2 days. No real motivation to go through all the sandbox stuff.

Steam sales have started

The only Far Cry I've managd to finish was the first one (twice). I doubt No 4 will be any different of the previous two (I already noticed "outposts", so..."meh")

On another note, Gog has been awfully quiet about Galaxy, I guess that ain't happening this year after all. They probably bit off more than they could chew by attempting to go head to head with Steam.

They are not quiet, they were testing the beta client last few weeks or even longer. You had to be participating in Witcher Adventure Game Beta or Alien vs. Predator Classic Beta.

Ah, maybe I should use that invite I should have for the Witcher Adventure Game, or are they just testing the multiplayer component and are only those two games available right now? Or does access to the Adventure Game beta not automatically mean access to Galaxy beta?

Either way I wish they'd give some more public info on their progress.

I got bored of Far Cry 3 in about 2 days. No real motivation to go through all the sandbox stuff.

Steam sales have started

The only Far Cry I've managd to finish was the first one (twice). I doubt No 4 will be any different of the previous two (I already noticed "outposts", so..."meh")

On another note, Gog has been awfully quiet about Galaxy, I guess that ain't happening this year after all. They probably bit off more than they could chew by attempting to go head to head with Steam.

They are not quiet, they were testing the beta client last few weeks or even longer. You had to be participating in Witcher Adventure Game Beta or Alien vs. Predator Classic Beta.

Ah, maybe I should use that invite I should have for the Witcher Adventure Game, or are they just testing the multiplayer component and are only those two games available right now? Or does access to the Adventure Game beta not automatically mean access to Galaxy beta?

Either way I wish they'd give some more public info on their progress.

I think you are right about the Witcher AG beta and galaxy beta, I do not know much more about it either, because I was only in AvP beta. And I was unable to beta test it much due to work obligations :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Bio fans already freaking the flip out flipping the freak out ****ting the **** diagonally over ME4

Recent rumors pointed out that the game might not see a beta on the PC, as Bioware are planning to instead focus on its console versions for this stage of its development/release.

This has sparked controversy among PC gamers, who have been worried that they might not even see “Mass Effect 4” on the PC at all, if the beta is any indication. Subsequently, various fans have taken up the position that if Bioware are going to delay the game’s release on the PC – but not for consoles – they’re going to pirate the game in protest.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Bio fans already freaking the flip out flipping the freak out ****ting the **** diagonally over ME4

Recent rumors pointed out that the game might not see a beta on the PC, as Bioware are planning to instead focus on its console versions for this stage of its development/release.

This has sparked controversy among PC gamers, who have been worried that they might not even see “Mass Effect 4” on the PC at all, if the beta is any indication. Subsequently, various fans have taken up the position that if Bioware are going to delay the game’s release on the PC – but not for consoles – they’re going to pirate the game in protest.

So in a time that everyone is trying to get a foothold on the PC market because consoles are going the way of the Dodo; BioWare bravely goes the other way.

"Here lies BioWare, they rode the bull"

village_idiot.gif

Its curious how hated Bioware has become among a section of their fan (?) base. We have Bethesda publishing glitchy garbage since forever that becomes playable when players contribute with unpaid man hours make it so and everyone is okay with that while Bioware seems to come under attack whatever they do.

A while ago I basically gave up hoping that I'd have another BG saga like experience from them, which was the main and ultimately only important issue I had with BW. Now I'm somewhat bewildered at the things that seem to piss off everyone, that range from somewhat credible to utterly trivial.

Regarding this... If ME4 is console only... who cares. I thought people were swearing off the series after the ending fiasco. Why the butthurt now?

• Like 1

I'll doubt it would be console only. A console first, pc version later release would still suck, though. Mass Effect 4 is pretty much the only BioWare game I'd still would play.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The death of the consoles was proclaimed regarding the lack of their ability to provide another technological jump. This was a false dilemma as people will eventually play on whatever you provide them.

Additionally those same trumpets of doom failed to acknowledge the advantages of a closed ecosystem, unified control scheme and a thousand other conveniences for both the developers, the console gaming peasants, and the people rolling in money from console games at the moment. All of these have an interest (or habit) to keep the console thing going.

The death of the consoles was proclaimed regarding the lack of their ability to provide another technological jump. This was a false dilemma as people will eventually play on whatever you provide them.

Additionally those same trumpets of doom failed to acknowledge the advantages of a closed ecosystem, unified control scheme and a thousand other conveniences for both the developers, the console gaming peasants, and the people rolling in money from console games at the moment. All of these have an interest (or habit) to keep the console thing going.

Is more on the fact that as technology improves consoles become more complex to the point of being specialized PCs, which they are now. So all the advantages of consoles are rendered null as they begin to have the same issues as PCs without any of the advantages. Eventually people will slowly migrate towards PCs.

But the argument should stop at the fact that consoles have to become PCs in order to remain competitive, PC has won.

village_idiot.gif