What are you playing now?

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.

I'm enjoying the Crusader class pretty well, shot up to my favorite class almost immediately mixing sort of the monk and barbarian classes + flails. :wub:

Also finding some of the other classes more fun than I remembered as well (never messed much with the Demon Hunter or Wizard).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Waiting for the Glorious 2.1 patch before I return to (read:play for a bit then get bored again) D3.  Crusader is pretty fun, feels quite tanky to play.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished Dragonfall. It was good and I'm sure I'll give the Director's Cut a playthrough when that launches.

On to Baldur's Gate EE. Only reason I haven't played it through before now is because that Firebead bug it used to have. I'm really enjoying it.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Waiting for the Glorious 2.1 patch before I return to (read:play for a bit then get bored again) D3.  Crusader is pretty fun, feels quite tanky to play.

Yeah my defense is quite high when compared with attack. It can take some time to take down stronger monsters compared to my monk (who had some pretty fast and deadly strikes) or the Barbarian (whose biggest problem was getting Rage up to smash things so always started fights slowly in damage).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

wow, people still play Lineage II  :blink:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Guest Slinky

I finally "finished" Skyrim, as in the main quest. Some time ago I said I will finish it and then see do I still have the will to continue playing and proceed to DLC content.

I REALLY DON'T.

Now I'm a little scared how long game PoE is going to be, I just can't handle 100+ hour games painlessly anymore  :(

Rome 2 is just toooo slow - my friends are playing it a lot and I've tried it on their coms and waiting for up to 4 min before it's my turn again is simply too much of a wait, espeically if you are upgrading or something and have to do 10 quick turns.

Then you wait 4min for combat to load, it's over in 3 and then you wait 5 for the campaign to load.. and before you know it an hour has passed and you've done 1 battle and about 6 turns.

When the game was released, I seriously read a book while waiting for my turn. By now they have increased the ai turn time drastically. It's much faster now than it was in the beginning. Also the dlc worldmaps are a lot smaller too, with less ai, which also results in a very fast turn time.

I played the game in multiplayer with a friend too. The waiting time (even the reduced one after a million patches) feels extremely boring for me, even with voice chat on. It's not even the time you spend with waiting for the ai, but also having to wait endlessly for the other human player... and if that person likes to do the combat encounters all the time, while you just want to get something done... And then of course, that person is going to lame out the combat encounters, which makes them even longer... Well yeah, I won't ever play such games in multiplayer anymore.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I could never get warm with Medieval. The setting simply never interested me that much... Rome was pretty much the only Total War game that I played a lot. And I mean really *a lot*. Only Rome 2 came close to this again, heh. Damn, it's a great game, imo. You just need to be able to overlook / live with the flaws that every TW game has....

After Medieval they made the battles very fast and arcady and I never really liked them anymore. I did play through the first Rome campaign though, it was OK but I wouldn't spend time on it again.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I could never get warm with Medieval. The setting simply never interested me that much... Rome was pretty much the only Total War game that I played a lot. And I mean really *a lot*. Only Rome 2 came close to this again, heh. Damn, it's a great game, imo. You just need to be able to overlook / live with the flaws that every TW game has....

After Medieval they made the battles very fast and arcady and I never really liked them anymore. I did play through the first Rome campaign though, it was OK but I wouldn't spend time on it again.

This is very true.

However, I firmly believe that Shogun 2 is the best of the entire series. It had a great strategical campaign, fun tactical battles, and overall was by far the most polished release.

Rome 2 was just a mess. It's tactical component was completely busted. It was in no way shape or form a finished product on release.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Indeed. But Rome 2 has been improved drastically with the last patches, so I'd rate it by how it is now and not how it was on release. If I remember correct, Shogun 2 had a bad release too (didn't every TW game?). I never played Shogun 2, though. Not a fan of that samurai stuff. :p

Btw. I always felt intrigued by TW: Napoleon too, but the worldmap is so bleak and hard to look at that I could never really play the game. Kind of a shame. Especially the battles on sea *looked* awesome (but played bad... sadly like in any other TW game).

All in all, I am waiting for the next Rome 2 dlc. Can't be so long anymore till they announce the next one. And I am hoping it will somehow involve Egypt and Cleopatra timeline. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

My favorite will always be Medieval Total War 2, the modding scene is phenomenal and it's such a shame they deviated from that from Empire and onwards.

Still Playing Xenonauts, close to winning - it's cool to see the evolution of your troops, from 80s rifles to futuristic rifles and hovertanks. But the best is that you still need to zerg the enemy to win - something they really got right here. It takes at least 2 humans to take down the standard alien troop. I liked that about Xcom, how awesome your troops where, but it did seem a little strange that the aliens (who arrived in limited numbers) would throw quantity at you instead of quality.

And the Chryssalid (called Reaver here) is terrifying, on terror mission is turns into a horror game instead.. 

Fortune favors the bald.

Finished the main game of Dishonored. It was... alright. The gameplay was fun and level design was sometimes excellent. But it still felt kinda meh for some reason. Didn't really enjoy the magic angle and I didn't enjoy the art direction at all (despite my love for steampunk). Story was kinda crappy though the setting was pretty interesting.

Still, it was pretty fun. I could see myself replaying it and trying different things. I kinda suck at stealth-games so I think I got a bad ending (ended up killing a lot of people).

Thinking about going into the DLC, heard good things about them.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Indeed. But Rome 2 has been improved drastically with the last patches, so I'd rate it by how it is now and not how it was on release. If I remember correct, Shogun 2 had a bad release too (didn't every TW game?). I never played Shogun 2, though. Not a fan of that samurai stuff. :p

Btw. I always felt intrigued by TW: Napoleon too, but the worldmap is so bleak and hard to look at that I could never really play the game. Kind of a shame. Especially the battles on sea *looked* awesome (but played bad... sadly like in any other TW game).

All in all, I am waiting for the next Rome 2 dlc. Can't be so long anymore till they announce the next one. And I am hoping it will somehow involve Egypt and Cleopatra timeline. :>

Shogun 2 is CA's best game. They essentially got everything right. Of course, in terms of scope, feudal Japan is the least expansive if the Total War series- and in many ways that makes it a great strength as they were able to concentrate on the gameplay.

My primary concern with Rome 2 was the tactical portion of the game. Battles were terrible and not fun. Poor AI and instant resolution. Large battles took less than 10 minutes.

Super long video but Angry Joe effectively and productively showed what was wrong with the game.

I've tried the Caesar DLC but didn't go too much into depth. I'll have to try again when I have time and see how far along they've gone since release. I really really wanted to like the game -especially since it came directly after the masterpiece that was Shogun 2. Fair to say that Rome 2 disappointed me like no game ever has before.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

If I remember correct, then Angry Joe criticised the stupid ai in Shogun 2 too, though. :)

I agree with most of the flaws, but I like the setting and graphics (yeah!) just too much to really care a lot. And like I wrote, many issues have been dealt with in recent patches. The last patch even polished up the siege battles very much, which were really, really, really bad before.

• Like 1

Still going through chapter 3 in Neverwinter Nights.  I just killed the hill giant chieftain and cut off his head.  I don't even know who I'm supposed to give the head to.  I don't remember anyone giving me a quest to kill the hill giant chieftain, so I'm just lugging around a giant severed head for ****s and giggles at the moment.  Not the most sanitary thing to do, but I'm immune to disease, so it's all good, I guess.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still going through chapter 3 in Neverwinter Nights.  I just killed the hill giant chieftain and cut off his head.  I don't even know who I'm supposed to give the head to.  I don't remember anyone giving me a quest to kill the hill giant chieftain, so I'm just lugging around a giant severed head for ****s and giggles at the moment.  Not the most sanitary thing to do, but I'm immune to disease, so it's all good, I guess.

Hah. I played through NWN1 when I was 8 or 9 - pretty much the first and only time, (though, as I've mentioned before, I tried again recently...but it was a flash in the pan type effort). I missed and didn't understand *so* much, haha.

Actually, it kind of makes me want to give it a try again...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.