What are you playing now

Dragon Age which I haven't played in years. Looks like your character doesn't get uploaded to their servers any more.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

There's one ctOS trower that requires a fairly extensive game of camera tag and also going to the parking garage next to the building, climbing a couple floor up, but not all the way to the top floor, and crossing over on top of a connection between the two buildings.  Maybe this is the one you are thinking of?  Otherwise I'm drawing a blank.  Maybe post a screenshot so we have a better idea of the place you're talking about.

The one I had an issue with turned out to be one of those "D'oh, are you kidding me?" ones after I finally broke down and looked up a youtube video of it online.

It was one of the ctOS breaches in Brandon Docks, where to access the one that was giving me trouble, you had to go to a lift that was sitting by itself diagonally from the building where the machine was you had to hack, climb into the lift and let it take you to the very top, so you could access a camera up on a roof that you couldn't access from the ground, then use that camera to hack the device.  The other three devices for that breach were pretty easy.

After finally completing that one, I finished off all 16 ctos breaches.

Now I'm onto the convoys and fixer contracts.  I loath the fixer contracts that require you to shake pursuers, largely because it seems even when you get away from one set, they start searching for you again while you're making your way to the designated "finish" point, and have to do it all over again.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Considering the game has the worst ending since (arguably) me3, I haven't been able to go back and finish my unfinished stuff. I didn't even realize I was doing the final mission until the very end, something that curiously also happened with me3. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There's one ctOS trower that requires a fairly extensive game of camera tag and also going to the parking garage next to the building, climbing a couple floor up, but not all the way to the top floor, and crossing over on top of a connection between the two buildings.  Maybe this is the one you are thinking of?  Otherwise I'm drawing a blank.  Maybe post a screenshot so we have a better idea of the place you're talking about.

The one I had an issue with turned out to be one of those "D'oh, are you kidding me?" ones after I finally broke down and looked up a youtube video of it online.

It was one of the ctOS breaches in Brandon Docks, where to access the one that was giving me trouble, you had to go to a lift that was sitting by itself diagonally from the building where the machine was you had to hack, climb into the lift and let it take you to the very top, so you could access a camera up on a roof that you couldn't access from the ground, then use that camera to hack the device.  The other three devices for that breach were pretty easy.

After finally completing that one, I finished off all 16 ctos breaches.

Now I'm onto the convoys and fixer contracts.  I loath the fixer contracts that require you to shake pursuers, largely because it seems even when you get away from one set, they start searching for you again while you're making your way to the designated "finish" point, and have to do it all over again.

I also loathe how unerringly dogged and prescient those ctos scans are, as well as police's nitrous-boosted SUVs that are somehow able to keep up with me on a crotch-rocket. Being able to outrun anything on the streets should be well worth the risk of a wrong move causing Aiden being propelled 120 meters headlong over the handlebars into the pavement/traffic light pole/back of a truck/etc.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I also loathe how unerringly dogged and prescient those ctos scans are, as well as police's nitrous-boosted SUVs that are somehow able to keep up with me on a crotch-rocket. Being able to outrun anything on the streets should be well worth the risk of a wrong move causing Aiden being propelled 120 meters headlong over the handlebars into the pavement/traffic light pole/back of a truck/etc.

Add me to the list of people that despise the shake the cops fixer contracts.  I will never finish all of them, in fact, I won't do a single one more of those fixer contracts ever again.  My completionist impulses are not strong enough to make me go through that **** again.  There's a lot I like about Watch Dogs, but those shake the cops fixer contracts are a crime against humanity.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I really hope you guys do a fantastic job, since there isn't any time for a beta phase (a bit weird, that)! :)

I'm also still playing COH2, but basically just learning the ropes, still, in the vanilla version.

Those Paratroopers and Fallschirmjäger in Western Fronts seem to be fun. You drop into a zone, taking a deliberate risk. If you succeed in your strategy, the reward can be great.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Finished Divine Divinity

Divine Divinity was kinda weird, it had charm and freedom of exploration and character skill development, but it was also kinda broken and janky as heck, especially the controls.

I played as this Survivor character and tried to get as far as possible without using spells or non-thiefy melee options. This did not last long. Poison, while so powerful one could call it potential gamebreaker, does not do anything against the skeletons you fight for the first few hours. Daggers are also rather pathetic weapons even with the backstab skill maxed out.

It felt like Larian Studios did not give a damn about game balance as long as the skill ideas were neat, or if they did, there were some elements they did not stress too much about, which gave me the same feeling as Morrowind's different crafting systems at times. Max out your Poison Weapon skill and you can potentially kill 50 enemies with just one flask. A boss that's vulnerable to poison is just a simple kiting job, that's it. Arrows don't even really need to hit for poison to take effect! I was actually stunned the game didn't let me use the "Have X Spirit Resistance or die" skill on bosses, because stacking Curse let me lower their Spirit Resistance to any amount

I liked how I could just stumble unto quest items and objectives freely most of the time, there were a lot of little scripted sequences there seemingly just because and the characters, while not always well-written, were cheerful, silly and entertaining enough to overlook that.

The game did kind of overstay its welcome after I had collected all the representatives of the different "races". I hated constantly fighting imps so very much in this new final map and the final dungeon itself was in certain sections full of crystal gargoyles that are immune to all elements except lightning, a damage type that I really didn't have a source of, so when these sections came up, rather than fight every gargoyle in melee, I ran past everyone. Did not give a damn. I continued doing that to the final boss, who I then killed with a few poison arrows while running away from his summoned clones. Did not even see him die, it happened off-screen because of poison.

I'm glad I finished this, partially because it was getting tedious and partially because I wanted to see how it'd end. I'm glad I played this, but not enough to play Beyond Divinity. I'll move on to either Divinity 2 or Original Sin at some point, because despite its flaws, DD did show Larian can make something fairly unique and quirky with plenty of highlight moments

Divine Divinity was kinda weird, it had charm and freedom of exploration and character skill development, but it was also kinda broken and janky as heck, especially the controls.

That pretty well describes all of Larian's games, granted I have not played Dragon Commander and Original Sin yet.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I probably should try a few different strategies for the criminal convoy missions in Watch Dogs.  Right now all I do is wait for them to come near me, and combination grenade launcher/IED proximity charge and it's over.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I probably should try a few different strategies for the criminal convoy missions in Watch Dogs.  Right now all I do is wait for them to come near me, and combination grenade launcher/IED proximity charge and it's over.

I like blowing them up with a steam vent.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

My 360 controller broke while playing Dark Souls on NG++++++ - the hardest difficulty possible. Weirdly enough, what's wrong is both the right trigger, which is the "heavy" attack - the internal pegs keeping it in place have snapped off - as well as the right bumper, which is the "light" attack, where the internal spring seems to have...disappeared or something, because it no longer snaps back into place after pressing it, and just sits permanently in a "pressed" state, and intermittently activates. I found that out in the middle of talking to a friendly NPC - one of the blacksmiths - when I inadvertently sent my scythe through their forehead when I hadn't been pressing anything at all. They seem to have broken at the same time - not sure what's up with that, as their physical mechanics are completely separate.

I'd just beaten the Four Kings, too, which was the hardest boss that I've done thus far in the game (on NG+X6 - they were super easy on NG)...besides perhaps Manus on plain old NG, who I shudder to think of facing on NG+X6.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Finished Wolfenstein:TNO. Only did one timeline, even though the game is awesome, I can't be arsed to go through the whole game again for the same ending and minimal story difference.

Does anyone else think that Blazkowicz survived in the end?

Overall a great game (for a shooter) with a good story.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I like blowing them up with a steam vent.

I'm not good at gauging distance for those kinds of things.  It works for me once in a while during car chases (using the steam vents on vehicles behind me/just slightly ahead of me), but when I'm standing still and a car is moving toward me but is still around 100 meters away, I suck at judging when to activate (I barely seem to get those blue notices to "neutralize" during convoys).

My 360 controller broke while playing Dark Souls on NG++++++ -

Holy Smoke Barti !!!!

That's hectic, do you think a virus caused it? Make sure you do a full scan and confirm your definitions are updated

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Holy Smoke Barti !!!!

That's hectic, do you think a virus caused it? Make sure you do a full scan and confirm your definitions are updated

Nah, it's just how Games for Windows Live rolls.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Holy Smoke Barti !!!!

I don't understand.  :blink:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Finished Wolfenstein:TNO. Only did one timeline, even though the game is awesome, I can't be arsed to go through the whole game again for the same ending and minimal story difference.

Does anyone else think that Blazkowicz survived in the end?

Overall a great game (for a shooter) with a good story.

Wait, are there multiple endings or something? I finished it once and thought that's how it is.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Holy Smoke Barti !!!!

A virus that effects your system can cause major problems, you need to update your anti-virus software and run full scan...I'm worried Barti..I'm worried about other hidden issues :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Holy Smoke Barti !!!!

A virus that effects your system can cause major problems, you need to update your anti-virus software and run full scan...I'm worried Barti..I'm worried about other hidden issues :ermm:

Bruce, your messages are sometimes hard to decrypt. :)

• Like 1

Holy Smoke Barti !!!!

Bruce, your messages are sometimes hard to decrypt. :)

Apologies, I'll try to be more clear next time :biggrin:

John Milton 

GMG had the Overlord pack for 5 bucks, so I've been playing that all weekend.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg