What are you playing now

So I've been playing Injustice, which is a stunning looking fighting game.  The storyline is ok, and I'n been working through it a few fights at a time.  My kids noticed it, and being that they love all things superhero, they preceded to push me off my computer and take over.  I decided to go out to Gamestop and pick up a decent fighting game for their PS3 so I could get my PC back. 

why not Mortal Kombat? same studio made it

Other than the obvious gore factor, my kids won't recognize any of the characters, and so it will be way less engaging.

They don't recognize MK characters? What have you been teaching to these poor children!

If you love them, you will play Mortal Kombat movie to them on repeat until "Get over here!" replaces "Could you come here please?" in their vocabulary.

Hurlie, the fate of those two(?) children rest in your hands, ha ha ha ha ha.... sorry.

Tried playing New Vegas three times in the past hour. Each time, it completely frozen my computer.

Sadface.

Do you have it on Steam? In that case, have you tried validating your files? Here's a giant reddit tutorial/list of all Fallout games and crashes involved~ and finally a YouTube video tutorial that might be of some help? *zzzz* ... but if you're eager to play it I promise you it's worth it ;)

EDIT: As for what I'm playing right now.

- Xenonauts, I'm having a great time with it. It's going to get out of the Early Access program soon (according to the devs). I'm surprised that it's one of my most played games in my Steam library.

Edited by Osvir

On to ME3. So nice to have more stuff do with weapons than in ME2.  Plan to have Jack, Jacob and Legion die messed up and I lost Jack, Jacob and Grunt instead.  Meh.

Unless you are so morally opposed to such a thing as using game guides, I believe on the Mass Effect wiki there was a (frighteningly) exhaustive guide to getting specific combinations of people killed on ME2.

Yep, I was aware of most of them from previous playthroughs. Lucked out and got Jack killed, Grunt was unexpected.  But yeah not like it really matters that much in ME3 what they do - most show up and can get killed.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm almost done in Flotsam.  I have a few loose ends to tie up, then I'm off to meet Letho and initiate the ending sequence of the chapter.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On to ME3. So nice to have more stuff do with weapons than in ME2.  Plan to have Jack, Jacob and Legion die messed up and I lost Jack, Jacob and Grunt instead.  Meh.

Unless you are so morally opposed to such a thing as using game guides, I believe on the Mass Effect wiki there was a (frighteningly) exhaustive guide to getting specific combinations of people killed on ME2.

I tried doing a "vanilla" play through of ME3, using no imports and using the "massive amount of casualties" option on setup.  I was disappointed with how many characters actually lived.  I was expecting pretty much every person who could die, to be dead.  Instead, the bulk of them showed up in ME3.

I guess the only way to have pretty much everyone dead is to go through the first two games and literally have everyone who can die, die.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Old World Blues. I think I am almost done. Only a few things left to do.

I tried Spec Ops: The Line. I reached chapter 4 and stopped. I have heard good things about the game but for the moment, it seems like a standard TPS.

• Like 1

I'm doing the Geralt got ridiculously drunk with the Blue Stripes and stuff got crazy quest in TW2.  Good times. :grin:

Once I finish that, I'm pretty sure I'll have wrapped everything up in Flotsam and I'll be off to fight Letho, then onward to Chapter 2.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Of course it's standard TPS, no one said anything special about the gameplay. Though "getting ammo" mechanic is new.

I' just sayin', narrative is supposed to be very good but I haven't seen snything out of the ordinary. I'm not even playing this to experience the gameplay. I have difficulty set to easy just to get to the good parts quickly.

Still Dark Souls 2. Finished my 3rd playthrough with my third character. I went for a pyromancer/warrior this time around and joined the Blue Sentinels. I was a little disappointed by the covenant. The idea behind it is cool, but I wasn't summoned to members of the Way of the Blue that much, maybe 8 times through the whole game and using the cracked blue eye orbs to invade the worlds of sinners didn't worked that well, at least on the PC. I had to spam the orb 10 to 20 times in a row to find a sinner. I don't know if there are only a few members of the Way of the Blue or sinners, or maybe to much Blue Sentinels.

Now I started NG+ with my 2nd character (hexer/warrior) and joined the Bell Keepers. Now I'm having a blast doing some pvp at the Belfry Luna.

Working my way through ME3, forgot how much auto-dialog there is. Lots of times I can alt-tab and read email while it plays, heh.  Mordin lived this time, and I screwed the Krogan over. All is good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Working my way through ME3, forgot how much auto-dialog there is. Lots of times I can alt-tab and read email while it plays, heh.  Mordin lived this time, and I screwed the Krogan over. All is good.

The only guy I was sad about duying. :(

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I'm trying to finish off all the ctoS breaches in Watch Dogs, but a couple of them I can't figure out.  The boxes I have to hack are on top of buildings, but there don't seem to be any cameras in the area that can focus on a couple of the boxes, and there's no way to physically climb the buildings.

One in particular is frustrating because only 1 of the 5 boxes are giving me problems, but it's the shortest building.  So I've tried every method of trying to climb it to no avail, and there are no cameras that focus where I need them to focus.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, I finished up chapter 1 and have moved on the Vergen.  One of the main reasons I prefer Iorveth's path is because Vergen is, in my opinion, a far more interesting place to hang around than Henselt's war camp.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm trying to finish off all the ctoS breaches in Watch Dogs, but a couple of them I can't figure out.  The boxes I have to hack are on top of buildings, but there don't seem to be any cameras in the area that can focus on a couple of the boxes, and there's no way to physically climb the buildings.

One in particular is frustrating because only 1 of the 5 boxes are giving me problems, but it's the shortest building.  So I've tried every method of trying to climb it to no avail, and there are no cameras that focus where I need them to focus.

A few climbs require you to use a flatbed truck or similar as a boost...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There's one ctOS tower that requires you to use construction equipment to lift a car up into the air then jump the car onto the roof.  Good times.  I really enjoyed all the ctOS tower and breaking into the ctOS stations.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm doing HotS... not the starcraft one. The other one that's in Alpha.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There's one ctOS tower that requires you to use construction equipment to lift a car up into the air then jump the car onto the roof.  Good times.  I really enjoyed all the ctOS tower and breaking into the ctOS stations.

Well, i don't think there's one that "requires", since I did all of them and don't remember that. I wonder if it's the one I approached with a hacked L-train. :D

I' just sayin', narrative is supposed to be very good but I haven't seen snything out of the ordinary. I'm not even playing this to experience the gameplay. I have difficulty set to easy just to get to the good parts quickly.

Well pay attention to your character and how he deals with stuff the more you get near to the goal. And you will probably have to finish the game to understand the narrative praise. :yes:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Well, i don't think there's one that "requires", since I did all of them and don't remember that. I wonder if it's the one I approached with a hacked L-train. :D

Nice.  That's cool that there was an alternate way to solve that one.  I like how you can use a variety of different tactics to get the job done in that game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

There's one ctOS tower that requires you to use construction equipment to lift a car up into the air then jump the car onto the roof. Good times. I really enjoyed all the ctOS tower and breaking into the ctOS stations.

No, I remember it now, the stscking lift. Yes, that was awesome but a bit obvious. The l-train one had me really scratching my head!

That one was pretty fun (and easy to figure out).

A few climbs require you to use a flatbed truck or similar as a boost...

Yeah, I know.  But this one building, there isn't access for a flatbed truck to drive next to.  There's a sidewalk and railings and the railings can't be smashed over to allow me to park next to the building.

There's one ctOS trower that requires a fairly extensive game of camera tag and also going to the parking garage next to the building, climbing a couple floor up, but not all the way to the top floor, and crossing over on top of a connection between the two buildings.  Maybe this is the one you are thinking of?  Otherwise I'm drawing a blank.  Maybe post a screenshot so we have a better idea of the place you're talking about.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸