What you did today

Rosbjerg

Spent a couple of days with my mates, celebrating christmas the way I like to. They got together and got me a christmas present, World of Warcraft Mists of Pandas. Wich is kinda cruel actually, to buy WoW for me after being clean for 2 years and 28 days. :p

Good couple of days to bring my mood up from the gutter. Sadly not going to get any sleep today, but **** it, I'll live through that!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Arrived home from being away for four days and found front door was unlocked. Does not look like anyone took advantage though. That's one nice thing about living in the woods at the back end of nowhere.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Helped my buddy pack yesterday + move most of his stuff ... today he was supposed to have moved the last things out of the apartment by 10am, I arrive at 11 and he hasn't even started... the dude is as unorganised as they get, so I help him pack the last stuff and load it. Of course now I'm also stuck with the cleaning etc.

We agreed on a substantial compensation. Not that I really mind doing it, but that kind of lazy needs to be punished.

--

Kinda empty and quiet here now too, looking forward to the new tenant in january. a 21 year old girl, coming here to work.. Thank god I'm not single hah

Fortune favors the bald.

Decided to make some smoothies for breakfast, a tub of greek yogurt, 4 bananas, orange juice, and some frozen strawberries. Get it all blended but didn't have enough room before it was blended for enough strawberries so was putting in one at a time while it was blending. Put in one last one, blade gets stuck on it, unscrews the bottom of the blender, entire batch flows out the bottom al over the counter and blender.

Not happy.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Mission: avoid hubby's cold. Status: failed.

My head feels like a balloon. Not too snuffly/nose yet but head and behind the eyes are bad. Throat is swollen but not really sore. Mostly it's the head inflation. Argh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Paperwork.

Ugh.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I full-length-resized, polished, de-burred, trimmed and primered 50 rifle shells. By hand.  Now they're ready to be loaded with powder and projectile. And now my hands hurt like hell. ;(

Sometimes hand loading ammo doesn't feel much like a hobby, it feels more like hard slave labor. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I ordered a woman's shooting vest for my wife on some hunting website, since the one I picked up on Amazon didn't fit right.  Now I'm probably on some government watchlist :p

The transvestites with guns list.

• Like 5

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

One snoozer of a day at work, 25 and 26 were days off, so you can imagine everyone everywhere took it off.  I got stuck to make sure we had support coverage, although I didn't do much in terms of that.  Now for a 5 day weekend, huzzah!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pretty much managed to do sweet bugger all today.

Dabbled a bit on Anno 2070, read a little, watched something, had assorted nibbles through the day, brushed out the cat, ignored the rain and wind outside..

Left the parents to fend for themselves for the most part and that was pretty much it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I ordered a woman's shooting vest for my wife on some hunting website, since the one I picked up on Amazon didn't fit right.  Now I'm probably on some government watchlist :p

Actually you were already on a watchlist. But it seems to be headed 'Tex Avery' so the watching may not be terrorism related.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:lol:  Don't worry, you're in good company I figure with the arsenal I have there are two or three lists my name pops up on. Besides, being counted as an enemy to this government is something to be proud of!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Seasons greetings all :dancing:

I had an amazing Xmas, I was at the coast at our families beach cottage. Its 10 meters from the beach and very picturesque. Our cousins have a beach cottage next to ours so its always very festive. I started snorkeling which was great fun, because its a private beach there is always loads of aquatic sea life to see and the water is very warm. I also went for several beach hikes so despite the fact we gorged on delicious Xmas grub I did exercise. We also went on a hike through a lovely bird sanctuary which despite the fact we got lost in a ravine it was well worth the effort

For Xmas lunch  there is friendly rivalry between our families around who makes the best roast potatoes. This year we used duck fat and our potatoes came out the winners after a closely contested vote.

Anyway I'm still on leave till the 20 January and I'm feeling really revitalized after my trip to the coast.

:)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not feeling guilty for only having Christmas Pudding covered in brandy cream for lunch.

Not as pudding to lunch, just lunch. 

:shifty:

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Reading strange articles, homework and saw this short Vice doc about the Japanese Love Industry. Crazy (oh and NSFW)..

I managed to get to the end of that.

jonah-hill-shock.gif

Japan is really ****ed up.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Reading strange articles, homework and saw this short Vice doc about the Japanese Love Industry. Crazy (oh and NSFW)..

I managed to get to the end of that.

jonah-hill-shock.gif

Japan is really ****ed up.

I think the point is that all they've done is package all those bits. Then sell them.

I can honestly say that nothing they showed there is any different than what 'normal' westerners have told me they do for free.

I'm equally pleased to say I haven't done the bathtub thing. But I totted up the cost of taking an ex out for coffee and a hug and it came to about $80.

-Elwood Blues