What you did today

Rosbjerg

Watching Chelsea is so very, very, very boring.

That was a boring game. Still, probably the only way Chelsea could play without leaking goals like in there past two away games. Was shocked when Willian missed his opportunity.

Meh, our attack is so anemic with Giroud off the boil and Ramsey still a bit clueless, doubt much would have happened had they come with something other than that boring stuff.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My left ear clogged up and now I can't hear a damn thing......perfect timing. Q-tips, warm water, nothing seems to work. 

Your eustacean tube could have swelled up. Just go to sleep. You'll probably be fine.

Nah, my ear was itching so I tried to clean it with a q-tip, unfortunately I pushed whatever was itching right onto my eardrum.  Now I'm deaf as can be on one ear.   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

That was a boring game. Still, probably the only way Chelsea could play without leaking goals like in there past two away games. Was shocked when Willian missed his opportunity.

Meh, our attack is so anemic with Giroud off the boil and Ramsey still a bit clueless, doubt much would have happened had they come with something other than that boring stuff.

I find it funny how many Gunners fans complain about Giroud now (including my brother), when they worshipped him like a God at the start of the season when he scored simple tap-ins (still important goals).

Ramsey was maybe not very good today, still wasn't the worst in the midfield. Ozil and Walcott were equally or even less impressive.

Anyway, top of the league for a couple of days before we get to face reality when City and Chelsea try to do their best outscoring Suarez.

Nah, my ear was itching so I tried to clean it with a q-tip, unfortunately I pushed whatever was itching right onto my eardrum.  Now I'm deaf as can be on one ear.   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Oh great, blood is running out of my ear. Now my day is officially ruined. 

1. Welcome, for a day or two, to my life! :p

2. Nothing smaller than an elbow in your ear...

I get clogged up in my ear sometimes, and I know it sucks, but next time you should just put up with it. The itching when a scrape heals is much worse in my opinion.

Sometimes it helps to pull on your earlobe a bit if you push earwax into the ear, but trying to dig it out is just futile.

Hope it's gone by the time you read this. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I find it funny how many Gunners fans complain about Giroud now (including my brother), when they worshipped him like a God at the start of the season when he scored simple tap-ins (still important goals).

Ramsey was maybe not very good today, still wasn't the worst in the midfield. Ozil and Walcott were equally or even less impressive.

Anyway, top of the league for a couple of days before we get to face reality when City and Chelsea try to do their best outscoring Suarez.

Never seen much worship for him, he does a decent job trying to hold play up, the midfield seems slow to come up to him. Walcott is especially clueless about where to run - I don't care how often people say he's clinical. :p 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, both my cars died battery wise, got one started but the other I'm just leaving until I get back from NY (Leave on friday, come back on the next thursday). The batt should hold out in theory... but theories are trecherous things.

Oh, and I nearly lost my Goverment/TSA issued ID that allows me to work at the airport. Managed to find it at my last pick up when I got back into town (it was lying in the snow)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Found myself watching the film "Battleship" again since it was on, and found myself enjoying it immensely this time around. Which is odd, because while I originally found it to be tolerably watchable, I couldn't say I actually enjoyed it.

Which makes me feel a bit like I'm lost in the ether of some reverse world, where bad movies are actually good movies. It couldn't possibly have been that Xmas eggnog I made. Nope.

Time for bed. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You could use dilute hydrogen peroxide. Or at least you can if you can find any. We don't have proper chemists shops in this country any more...

What it will do is react to the various goos in your earhole, and release oxygen bubbles. Softens and floats away any runk in there. MAKE SURE IT IS PROPERLY DILUTE. I use nine (9) per cent, as indicated on the bottle. Knowing Woldo he'll mix it himself out of some old explosives.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What it will do is react to the various goos in your earhole, and release oxygen bubbles. Softens and floats away any runk in there. MAKE SURE IT IS PROPERLY DILUTE. I use nine (9) per cent, as indicated on the bottle. Knowing Woldo he'll mix it himself out of some old explosives.

I was thinking about pouring blackpowder into my ear channel and light it up but your idea is so much better! Next time my ear clogs up thats what I'm going to do.  :w00t:

I get clogged up in my ear sometimes, and I know it sucks, but next time you should just put up with it. The itching when a scrape heals is much worse in my opinion.

Sometimes it helps to pull on your earlobe a bit if you push earwax into the ear, but trying to dig it out is just futile.

Yeah, trying to remove it mechanically always ended in disaster, I'll never do that again, thats for sure.

Well, fortunately my doc was still working so he flushed it with an ear cleaning device, he said I have the worst ear infection he has ever seen and gave me antibiotics, ear drops, more antibiotics and painkillers.

The strange thing is it does not hurt even a little bit, which is kind of worrying because it is supposed to hurt really bad. Then again my sense of pain has always been kind of dull. 

Edited by Woldan

Oy Vey.

My mother has decided that with the rain having stopped, and the winds have cut back.. she's taken her mobility scooter and gone off to the supermarket to do some Christmas food shopping.  Throwing in a "I've got my phone with me, I'll call you to come up and help if I need it".   I know proving independence and all that is an important psychological thing to keeping people going, but Christmas eve supermarket shopping.

Have to chase the cat down and wash his face, he's got one of those annoying reoccurring problems that a lot of Persian cat's suffer from. Gunky eyes, that cause scabby patched around the cheeks and nose.

Trying to get into the Christmas spirit, which is helped by the family Grinch who is giving a continuous stream of muttered commentary to the day.  "grumble this, oh whats this clutter, dog get out of the way, oh I was going to do that, moan, my back, groan, im putting this clock here while I'm doing x activity, mumble, got to put water in the cat's bowl, why isn't this tidied away, grumble, my cup of tea is downstairs, where did I put my glasses, moan, bloody hell why is this here? grumble." 

When asked if he's actually talking to anyone, you get a blank look and "No. I'm just talking to myself." then if it's pointed out just how continuous it is  you get the "There's no need to get so emotional" as if you've raised your voice at him. >_< 

"For 'lo, there is a land called Passive-Aggresiva, and it's King is named....."

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oy Vey.

My mother has decided that with the rain having stopped, and the winds have cut back.. she's taken her mobility scooter and gone off to the supermarket to do some Christmas food shopping.  Throwing in a "I've got my phone with me, I'll call you to come up and help if I need it".   I know proving independence and all that is an important psychological thing to keeping people going, but Christmas eve supermarket shopping.

I just hope she has a MG42 with a thousand rounds and spare barrels mounted on her scooter to carve a path to the cash register. Otherwise its going to take her a looong time to get home if the stores there are as crowded as here.    :blink:

Edited by Woldan

Oy Vey.

I just hope she has a MG42 with a thousand rounds and spare barrels mounted on her scooter to carve a path to the cash register. Otherwise its going to take her a looong time to get home if the stores there are as crowded as here.    :blink:

Indeed. The past few years it's been leaving it until a day or two before Christmas and hitting the big 24 hour Tesco at around 1-2am to get the food shopping done..

The midday shopping rush seems to be .. choosing poorly.

Oy Vey.

Indeed. The past few years it's been leaving it until a day or two before Christmas and hitting the big 24 hour Tesco at around 1-2am to get the food shopping done..

The midday shopping rush seems to be .. choosing poorly.

In my case leaving my food shopping until the last minute has paid of in spades.

Sort of.

All three christmas day guests are ill or have scratched in favour of the in-laws. Bit rude, but I can't really hold this sort of thing against people. I want to, but I simply forget.

Belaying christmas until boxing day.

Went to the butchers anyway and they felt sorry for me, so gave me the world's tiniest pheasant to cook for myself. It's like something out of a Dickens christmas carol. Feeling christmassily affirmed I gave most of the money I'd been going to spend to two Big Issue sellers. 

Will be gaming online, and noisily contemplating philosophy  of Christmas tomorrow, entirely to myself. Unless Raithe decides to throw a spaner in his family's christmas by coming up to stay at mine. Up to him, of course, brandy, cigars and meat, or scabby cat face.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Woke up to a frisky gf only wearing a "nissehue" (santa claus hat).. So far my favorite way to start Xmas day.

Tonight, good food - strange company and then to Christiania for a Christmasless Christmas.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

In my case leaving my food shopping until the last minute has paid of in spades.

Sort of.

All three christmas day guests are ill or have scratched in favour of the in-laws. Bit rude, but I can't really hold this sort of thing against people. I want to, but I simply forget.

Went to the butchers anyway and they felt sorry for me, so gave me the world's tiniest pheasant to cook for myself. It's like something out of a Dickens christmas carol. Feeling christmassily affirmed I gave most of the money I'd been going to spend to two Big Issue sellers. 

Will be gaming online, and noisily contemplating philosophy  of Christmas tomorrow, entirely to myself. Unless Raithe decides to throw a spaner in his family's christmas by coming up to stay at mine. Up to him, of course, brandy, cigars and meat, or scabby cat face.

I think I've only had pheasant once. And it was a rather large bird that technically..  had it's neck broken by the car in front of us right before we picked it up....

The joys of the New Forest..  ;

Although plucking the pheasant was not a pleasant plucking.

• Like 1

Woke up to a frisky gf only wearing a "nissehue" (santa claus hat).. So far my favorite way to start Xmas day.

Tonight, good food - strange company and then to Christiania for a Christmasless Christmas.

Also, can't quite decide if it makes me feel old and having lurked around these forums too long, or slightly warm-hearted that now Ros is actually talking gf and potentially serious relationships instead of crazy parties and hot models....

• Like 2

Sort of.

I think I've only had pheasant once. And it was a rather large bird that technically..  had it's neck broken by the car in front of us right before we picked it up....

The joys of the New Forest..  ;

Although plucking the pheasant was not a pleasant plucking.

Well, the menu tomorrow would be an assortment of meats. Obviously not just pheasant. Slow roasted pork belly with molasses and chilli. Sausages. Two carefully chosen wines. Chocolate. Fruit. Cheese. Biscuits. Liquers. Just my average Wednesday, actually.

-Elwood Blues

Nice, lazy day at work on Christmas Eve, just 4 things on the bounce to take care of and then that'll be satisfactory.  Once I find the will to actually do them. 

Also, can't quite decide if it makes me feel old and having lurked around these forums too long, or slightly warm-hearted that now Ros is actually talking gf and potentially serious relationships instead of crazy parties and hot models....

She's crazier than me actually - first time she met my friends she gave one a lapdance and started making out with all the girls..

*sniff* she's a keeper!! *wipes away a tear*

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

I was about to post an update:

"I'm going to have my own Christmas. With blackjack. And hookers."

And then I thought

"Shame, man. I can't make hookers work at Christmas."

>_<

• Like 4

-Elwood Blues

Staring blankly at the ceiling while playing 'The End' on my phone did manage to make some of the managers worried.  :D