What you did today

Rosbjerg

2nd day of up too late game-grinding. But I should be more chill about that, now that I've gotten my first Fawn companion. It's always that initial must-have-now rush that gets ya.

I take it back, I do know how to do crazy parties..

I never doubted you for a second!
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No bonus, either. Et tu, brute ...  I am damn done with this stoner, wannabe-hippie hipster bugger-all d-bag sweet FA knob outfit.

So anyway I'm anxiously awaiting the specifics of this new Guard Dog venture that was teased with a nod to the 80s ... please be G.I. Joe related.  :) I can't stop watching this year's movie, Retaliation. The baddest ass ninja assassin movie evar!

Wellllll. I've sold the idea to a couple of others and the idea is to restore/build new 1980's style video games machines, juke boxes, novelty refrigerators, pinball machines, soda machines that used the 8 oz glass bottles, light fixtures, etc. I've already found some interest from potential customers, collectors, sports bars etc. The restored ones still have the option to be coin operated but the ones we build ourselves won't be. I've looked into a lease on an HP design jet to make the labels and facings but start up costs are minimal but it is, of course, labor intensive. I don't know if this idea has wings or not but I'm going to give it a go.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't think I've ever had a job where they gave bonuses. My company did, once upon a time, but stopped a year or two before I came on... or everyone else is getting bonuses and nobody is telling me

If I'm not around I just want to wish everyone a happy/merry/joyous holidays/Festivus/Christmas/Kwanzaa/New Year

I'm off to jump in a bottle of bourbon and drink my way out 

PS feel better, Nep

I once worked for a company where the bonus was a butterball turkey. Yes the would literally give you a frozen, uncooked turkey. I was single at the time so I used to just give it away but that was our Christmas bonus.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm home until January 7th. Managed to negotiate a raise and I also got my bonus today.

Don't have anything planned, but I needed the break. Felt a bit burned out.

Hoping to see Luis Suarez score a couple of goals tomorrow. He also got a raise. His pay raise is probably what I make in ten years.  :lol:

He did not disappoint.

Ugh. very hungover today, but had to go into work. The boss took pity on me and benched me half an hour early.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't think I've ever had a job where they gave bonuses. My company did, once upon a time, but stopped a year or two before I came on... or everyone else is getting bonuses and nobody is telling me

If I'm not around I just want to wish everyone a happy/merry/joyous holidays/Festivus/Christmas/Kwanzaa/New Year

I'm off to jump in a bottle of bourbon and drink my way out 

PS feel better, Nep

I once worked for a company where the bonus was a butterball turkey. Yes the would literally give you a frozen, uncooked turkey. I was single at the time so I used to just give it away but that was our Christmas bonus.

:lol: okay that's the first time I've heard of a turkey been given as a bonus

We normally get bonuses, in fact we get them twice a year but they are dependent on us achieving our number. Since some deals slipped this period we are getting nothing over Xmas. It really sux but its understandable :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I get a percentage of my billing over a certain limit... I haven't met my targets the first two times (expected, due to the lead-in time), but I'm getting these past four months calculated early next year.., if it's still no, I have no point in sticking around whatsiever.

Sad part is, my bosses are really happy with me. Am handling the poorly paying stuff. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yesterday was the last day for the foreseeable that I'll have been working on the 'shop floor'.

I've got a horrible feeling I'm going to miss all the strained backs, cuts and grazes. The ability to just crack on and get a job done without over-thinking it.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yesterday was the last day for the foreseeable that I'll have been working on the 'shop floor'.

I've got a horrible feeling I'm going to miss all the strained backs, cuts and grazes. The ability to just crack on and get a job done without over-thinking it.

And now.. You're already over-thinking things...

Hm, I really need to find where the Christmas wrapping paper was stashed.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

About 1 cm of ice on everything here, got off luckier than some though. But still the city's all snarled up, probably will be for a little while tomorrow too

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Goofing off on a Sunday. Par for the course.

Today I used a Walmart gift card and bought a new mattress for the RV.  It's memory foam, and I'm very excited to have it for our upcoming trips.  

Memory foam mattress pads are the awesome for a bed. I've had the ones that are 2" thick. A good one (there's a lot of not-so-good ones) can last a very long time too. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today I totally ruined my exercise. I was doing 140 kg shoulder shrugs when I suddenly had to think of a stupid but very funny NSFW joke I heard ages ago, I burst into laughter, lost my concentration and strength and almost dropped the barbell on my feet.

I tried to continue the rest of my exercise but the harder I tried to concentrate the more completely inappropriate nonsensical jokes popped into my head at the worst times, like shoulder pressing heavy dumbbells above my head.     :blink:

Man, that was weird. I'm afraid I'm slowly going insane.    :wowey:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It is bloody miserable weather outside, with some amazing winds.

And the cat keeps stalking around in that manner of evil intent that cats do so well.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And the cat keeps stalking around in that manner of evil intent that cats do so well.

You fool. Put your glasses back on. That's the vicar.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Mr. Black largely reserves those moments for when we're asleep, which is why we only find hairball puke upon waking up. With pets, one never knows what discoveries you'll find in the morning!

Watching Chelsea is so very, very, very boring.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My left ear clogged up and now I can't hear a damn thing......perfect timing. Q-tips, warm water, nothing seems to work. 

Your eustacean tube could have swelled up. Just go to sleep. You'll probably be fine.

-Elwood Blues

Mental blarghs. Think I'll watch a sci-fi action movie to get my brain revved up.

My left ear clogged up and now I can't hear a damn thing......perfect timing. Q-tips, warm water, nothing seems to work.

You haven't visited Ceti Alpha V recently, have you? :biggrin:

...hope it unclogs after a nights rest.

• Like 1