What are you playing now?

Gorth

Doing some preparations for Pathfinder Serpent's Skull Adventure Path... It is so much work to do compared to Pathfinder Society scenarios, but looking more entertaining and challenging for player's and GM, if done properly. Spent 4 days so far, we had first character creation day so far, but only 3 out of 4 were able to finish they characters. We'll see if we can start the game this week :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Did a bit Red Dead Redemption again. I really like the game, but... Damn, I hate the low resolution so much. I can't recognize **** if it isn't standing like directly in front of me. Yesterday I accidentally killed some policemen, because I thought they were some robbers or something. Or when a few guys are fighting against robbers... And they all look the same, even if I sit directly in front of the tv.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Was teaching my mate to play Star Wars Supremacy/Rebellion yesterday. I think he started to get it. Great game.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Did a bit Red Dead Redemption again. I really like the game, but... Damn, I hate the low resolution so much. I can't recognize **** if it isn't standing like directly in front of me. Yesterday I accidentally killed some policemen, because I thought they were some robbers or something. Or when a few guys are fighting against robbers... And they all look the same, even if I sit directly in front of the tv.

Put on the bandana and just kill everyone. :D

Or you can wait until they start shooting at you, before you start mowing them down. It's not like the can seriously hurt you in the normal game. If you are playing hardcore in GOTY, that's another thing.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

State of Decay, easily the best zombie game released in a long time. One of the few games where you spend most of the time running away and hiding from zombies. 

Just lost my highest skilled character and his companion when I triggered two hordes while trying to scavenge some precious ammo. 

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

State of Decay, easily the best zombie game released in a long time. One of the few games where you spend most of the time running away and hiding from zombies. 

Just lost my highest skilled character and his companion when I triggered two hordes while trying to scavenge some precious ammo.

Eh? The combat in State of Decay is comically easy, probably to make up for how shallow and clunky it is. Whenever you run into zombies it's a one-sided slaughter where one person can take down a dozen zombies with his or her bare hands before needing to Twinkie up. It's good, maybe 6.5/10 good, but it's not great. The concept is what got me to buy it, but I'm certain someone else could execute it much better now that I've had some hours to play it. It'd be excusable if it was truly in Beta, but it's only "beta" on PC in that it doesn't have Keyboard/Mouse support yet, aside from that it's the "gold" product from XBLA.

More Might & Magic X.  I'm making my way through the castle now.  So far, it's a significantly easier dungeon than the Lighthouse, mostly based on the fact that there are no freakin' Kenshi to fight.  Those guys just gave me a hard time, even the regular ones, never mind the Elite Kenshi.  The Militia and Brigands in the castle are chumps, even when I have to face multiple Elite Militia at once.  Brigands, or elite Brigands for that matter are super easy.  Even out in the open, I find them easier opponents than Militia, but in the tight, twisty confines of the castle, they're easy pickins because it's simple to force them into melee (where they're very weak) without getting pelted by arrows while closing ground.  Conversely, it's hard to get much separation on Militia and getting much damage on them at range, before they get into melee range (where they're strong).

I'm looking forward to the upcoming patch.  Not only will it bring some bug fixes, and, likely, item comparison in shops, but it will introduce at least 2 new classes: Scouts and Shamans.  I'm eager to try out the Shaman.  From the 2 mage classes, Freemage and Shaman, revealed so far, I'd much more likely put a Shaman in my party than a Freemage (what I have now).  A Shaman might not be as versatile as a Freemage, which will certainly hurt me in some situations, but they're the only class that can grand master in Arcane Discipline, which means higher magic resistances.  On top of that, being an Orc means being physically tougher to begin with and having the Orcish ability to resist status effects.  Plus the ability to wear medium armor, use shields, and wield spears and maces.  In the end, I'll take the much higher survivability of the Shaman over the magic versatility of the Freemage.  Of course I could always put both in my party, but I rarely do mage-heavy parties.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Eh? The combat in State of Decay is comically easy, probably to make up for how shallow and clunky it is. Whenever you run into zombies it's a one-sided slaughter where one person can take down a dozen zombies with his or her bare hands before needing to Twinkie up.

No, just no. Without a weapon your pretty much dead when surrounded by a dozen zombies. Add to that how quickly your weapon degrades and your limited stamina, it makes avoiding zombies the better tactic. Especially in Marshall.

The concept is what got me to buy it, but I'm certain someone else could execute it much better now that I've had some hours to play it.

Yet no one else has. Most zombie games are just about the slaughter, this one is about building a community to survive. This is about the only game that actually tries to simulate survival in the zombie apocalypse. Dead State would be about the only other, which unfortunately, isn't out yet.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Grim's missions in Splinter Cell Blacklist certainly bring me back to my frustrations over previous SC games.  I was literally 2 bad guys away from finishing her mission, having already reached 2 of the 3 goals and dispatching about 15 hostiles silently, when I was spotted and the mission failed as I was taking down one of the two remaining men.

The annoying part was it was due to the slow-motion takedown animation, where the sniper just happened to be looking in my direction as I took his partner down.  But I couldn't do anything to duck out of the way because I was already in mid-takedown.

Almost an hour's worth of effort down the tubes and the worst part is you have to start right from the beginning. :(

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

failure and frustration is part of what makes things challenging, you'll feel that much better when you finally do succeed.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

failure and frustration is part of what makes things challenging, you'll feel that much better when you finally do succeed.

I usually keep trying until I feel I'm wasting my time, and with video games I get that feeling pretty quickly nowadays.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

An aside, but if you chaps are interested in post apocalypse survival, I presume you've read The Day of the Triffids?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Finished off Ballad of Gay Tony, was pretty fun overall, Yusuf showing up in the last mission was nice though when he mentioned chopper i though I had to fly the thing, which is rather annoying for me to do on the PC.

Plugging away in WoW with my mage for a little bit while I decide on what else to play.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Morrowind

Wow, all these years I thought Gaenor was the one exceptionally difficult bossfight. Gedna Relvel eats him for breakfast with the 4 (or 5) digit HP, one-hit kill spells and immunities like no other.

Sure she's not 100% immune to paralysis, but poking her 20 times in the face with a Daedric Spear, hitting each time but not moving the HP bar an inch, is so insanely depressing. Good thing this is an optional quest. Maybe I'll come back later when I've accumulated even more overpowered gear

As a counterpoint to the rather engrossing and earnest Krondor, I have been playing a little Shadow Warrior, massive fun, perfect gameplay feel and superb old school level design. Really having a blast, and the katana combat is sublime, up there with Severance: Blade of Darkness but far faster.

The story's quite something as well, and the humour quite broad but effective.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I tend to play video games to have fun, not to feel frustrated.  This is why I prefer to play games at their lowest difficulty, if at all possible, because I'm no longer interested in being "frustrated" of having to re-doing sections multiple times.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Morrowind

Wow, all these years I thought Gaenor was the one exceptionally difficult bossfight. Gedna Relvel eats him for breakfast with the 4 (or 5) digit HP, one-hit kill spells and immunities like no other.

Sure she's not 100% immune to paralysis, but poking her 20 times in the face with a Daedric Spear, hitting each time but not moving the HP bar an inch, is so insanely depressing. Good thing this is an optional quest. Maybe I'll come back later when I've accumulated even more overpowered gear

In Oblivion I kill all annoying enemies like liches with the Wabbajack. Hilarious when it turns them into a sheep.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I recently bought Thomas was alone in a humble bundle, I like it, even though this type of game is usually not my cup of tea

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Eh? The combat in State of Decay is comically easy, probably to make up for how shallow and clunky it is. Whenever you run into zombies it's a one-sided slaughter where one person can take down a dozen zombies with his or her bare hands before needing to Twinkie up.

No, just no. Without a weapon your pretty much dead when surrounded by a dozen zombies. Add to that how quickly your weapon degrades and your limited stamina, it makes avoiding zombies the better tactic. Especially in Marshall.

The concept is what got me to buy it, but I'm certain someone else could execute it much better now that I've had some hours to play it.

Yet no one else has. Most zombie games are just about the slaughter, this one is about building a community to survive. This is about the only game that actually tries to simulate survival in the zombie apocalypse. Dead State would be about the only other, which unfortunately, isn't out yet.

How is it that I constantly defeat hordes of zambambos with a junky melee weapon or fists alone then? I haven't had a single playable character come close to death. In the rescue missions or "feral zombie" (lol) extermination ones, you always get swarmed by a dozen or more and it's comically easy even with one unarmed companion. Incidentally, in one cutscene-type sequence the radio girl tells her brother "nobody goes out alone," or something to that extent, yet all of the people in your fort go out alone so that you'll be forced to drop what you're doing to go rescue them. Because they went out alone.

The fact that nobody else has done it doesn't mean SoD isn't significantly flawed. It means the concept is an untapped opportunity for better designers/devs.

Edited by AGX-17

Finally got around to play a bit of Europa Universalis IV "for real". Started a game as Denmark.

Takes a bit getting used to some of the changes. Many things are similar to III yet suddenly there are things that are different.

Not a fan of the UI though (UI, not the AI which I haven't really tested yet).

Doesn't scale well at all with high resolution monitors. I simply can't see the icons or read the texts. I think I'll have to search around and see if it isn't possible to change the fonts in the game.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Picked up Mars: War Logs for cheap on a Steam sale, so far it looks like a fun RPG.  I love the setting and the combat is interesting.

I liked the game, it was pretty fun.  Beyond the graphics, which are pretty decent, it's a budget title through and through, but I found it well worth my time.

I finished the first act of Might & Magic X, and thus the portion of the game available at the moment.  I definitely had fun and am looking forward to the upcoming patch that will introduce some new classes.  I'll play on the harder difficulty level once the patch arrives and I make a new party.  On standard difficulty the game was pretty easy, save for the lighthouse, which had some tough enemies, but was still not too bad provided you had plenty of potions.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks