What are you playing now?

Gorth

Two goals I have for Defiance then I'll never touch the game again:

You said that about D3 as well ;)

Did you write that down somewhere ?

Found a map pack for Raven Shield, has 747, Chalet, and a host of others - some guy grabbed every map on a RVS map site before it went down, so been playing that. Also found out about a mod for RVS to update it a bit, in terms of graphic touch ups and some other tweaks, but it's not released.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did you write that down somewhere ?

I don't write anything down. That's what the NSA is there for. I have a subscription with them. When one of you posts something, they send me a digest of your relevant posting history.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Rerun for San Andreas since I can't play GTA V at home. My god the opening is boring... and I dread the idea of the gangwars and airplane "license" tedium to come. Otherwise I have pretty fond memories to revisit (or perhaps it's just nostalgia kicking in).

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Decieded to give Final Fantasy XIV a whirl, the MMO that was released, then rereleased and is now apparently much better.  I only got through the character creation, but it seems pretty slick so far.

What server are you on? I may give it a shot as well.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

i think they added the ability to scale the monsters as high as you want now, so you can pick your own challenge level for inferno.  if you dont raise the monster level then you're playing on "easy" mode

i could be wrong, i didnt read very closely

Oh? That would explain things/seem more reasonable then. I didn't notice any option for that sort of thing but I also wasn't looking for it. Do you know if it's currently on the PC version or maybe it's something on the console? Maybe it's something akin to the /players8 of D2.

Altho having the top tier difficulty run-thru have an "easy" mode seems to kind of miss the point of having multiple re-play difficulties...

Its on the PC version too and its called "Monster Power". You will find it at the bottom of the page when you select public games. Scales from 1 to 10 so most likely you are on the default difficulty of one.

Decieded to give Final Fantasy XIV a whirl, the MMO that was released, then rereleased and is now apparently much better.  I only got through the character creation, but it seems pretty slick so far.

What server are you on? I may give it a shot as well.

Brynhildr.  I'm not tied to it, I barely started my character so I can switch if you find a better one or know anyone else playing.

Two goals I have for Defiance then I'll never touch the game again:

You said that about D3 as well ;)

With Diablo III, I decided to finish off the Inferno mode challenges, which I've now done.  I won't be touching D3 until the expansion now.

With Defiance, there are no other goals even close to achieving, not unless I want to grind for months.  And with the lag in that game, that doesn't sound like a fun idea.  So when I reach 2500 EGO and the 100 revives, I'm done.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

With Diablo III, I decided to finish off the Inferno mode challenges, which I've now done.  I won't be touching D3 until the expansion now.

With Defiance, there are no other goals even close to achieving, not unless I want to grind for months.  And with the lag in that game, that doesn't sound like a fun idea.  So when I reach 2500 EGO and the 100 revives, I'm done.

The thing that I don't understand is why you play a game when the experience sounds unenjoyable. We are all different of course, so when you describe a situation in a game where you square your shoulders and soldier on, I probably would have uninstalled the game and refreshed the forum a hundred times till I found something else to waste my time with :)

I'm levelling up a Demon Hunter in D3 (PC) but dammit I prefer the melee characters. Too much running around as a Demon Hunter, although it is nice having a character armed with a machinegun.

Is there any way I can transfer my lewt from the US to Euro servers?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Finished my first D3 playthrough with a barbarian. Kinda mixed feelings. Surprisingly, it was very long. I think the narrative and characters were boring and the soundtrack horrible. But it is a lot of fun in coop, if you find some nice people.

Edited by Bendu

The thing that I don't understand is why you play a game when the experience sounds unenjoyable. We are all different of course, so when you describe a situation in a game where you square your shoulders and soldier on, I probably would have uninstalled the game and refreshed the forum a hundred times till I found something else to waste my time with :)

Because I'm a completionist and right now there's a big fat "earn 60 points by reaching 2500 EGO rating" achievement still available to me.

Also, when the server is NOT laggy, I actually have a fun time with Defiance.  So I play once in a while in hopes I get the rare non-laggy night of gaming in.  If it's a game I downright hate, I do give up.  I've got quite a few games on my shelf that I didn't bother finishing.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing a game I refuse to name. But let's just say that I don't see how GAME 6 can top it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm playing a game I refuse to name. But let's just say that I don't see how GAME 6 can top it.

Why would you refuse to name King's Quest 5: Abscence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!?  Anyway, for King's Quest 6: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow they bring in a relative unknown named Jane Jensen to help Roberta Williams write the plot.  I won't spoil anything, but as it turns out, Jane Jensen is a pretty dang good adventure game writer.

:teehee:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I finally started playing Icewind Dale this weekend and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. There is something about these classic IE RPG that just gripe me. I think its the D&D ruleset I enjoy?

Anyway I am currently exploring the Vale of Shadows and killing loads of undead :w00t:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Finished off the 100 revives in Defiance to earn that pursuit.  Actually had a run of luck tonight with almost no lag during Dark Matter arkfalls.  One arkfall I actually got 7 revives.  Now I just have to reach 2500 EGO.

Because I'm a completionist and right now there's a big fat "earn 60 points by reaching 2500 EGO rating" achievement still available to me.

Also, when the server is NOT laggy, I actually have a fun time with Defiance.  So I play once in a while in hopes I get the rare non-laggy night of gaming in.  If it's a game I downright hate, I do give up.  I've got quite a few games on my shelf that I didn't bother finishing.

Haha, I know the completionist feeling, I am now and then still playing few hours a month to slowly go towards Star Ocean 4 100% Battle Trophies completed. It's going slowly in 3 years I got almost 400 hours played and still minimum 100 to go until getting all that's needed for the rest of trophies :p

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's kind of a rude awakening that Skyrim is worse in every way than Oblivion (after installing appropriate LOD and Beautification mod). Like suddenly finding out your gf has been cheating on your bff for nearly two years.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Been playing Baldur's Gate II all day long. This wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to play 30-60 minutes per day. I've done the circus quest and just walking around Waukeem's Promenade. I'm still there because I've read every single lore book I have come across. I've also read every unique item description in the shops, even if I cannot afford them at this moment. *glances with a guilty look at backlog*

It's kind of a rude awakening that Skyrim is worse in every way than Oblivion (after installing appropriate LOD and Beautification mod). Like suddenly finding out your gf has been cheating on your bff for nearly two years.

That's... an unusual opinion. Are you ready to argue with evidence why it's true that Skyrim's visual/particle/magic effects are inferior in quality to Oblivion's?

Final Fantasy XIV is a pretty charming game.  It doesn't do anything drastically different than other MMO's, but so far it is just different enough to be refreshing, while still being comfortable to play.  

the game has a cool vibe and atmosphere imo, makes it very enjoyable to just roam around.  a lot of the animations are really well done for an mmo too

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Was surfing through the indie list on Steam and noticed the Kickstarter project Castle Story is on there now as "Early Access." It's not getting very good marks/rep seems like, and I have doubts they're ever going to finish that one. :lol:

There's also Underrail (turn based rpg, more promising), Prison Architect (looks funny) and Folk Tale (city-build/strategy, reminds a bit of Majesty). I'd try the Prison one but it's rather pricey for early access and Folk Tale has no save-game yet....

Anyone tried the Underrail one?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone tried the Underrail one?

Someone over Something Awful praised, said "The game really has that Fallout "feel", in my opinion, and the combat, for one, is very good and varied for a single character RPG.".

Most likely going to get it myself once it's finished.