What are you playing now?

Gorth

There were definitely plenty of characters that needed a lot more time being explored in Sleeping Dogs.  In fact, the game could have used a good 5-10 hours more of story overall, if not more.  Still absolutely loved the game, though.  I love the fact that it continually shows Wei struggling with the horrible things he has to do while trying to keep his cover and stay true to his friends.  It's not like "I come to this country for a new start" > Kill 50 people > "Hey Roman, you want to go bowling?"

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think I will replay DX, or maybe DX:HR as I heard the UNATCO music today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm not sure that the story was a high point either, seems like it starts to lose focus midway through. Plus a lot of the characters are presented and then never used again, wonder where they go?

You are probably finding the narrative confusing. I read a few times on there forums that people didn't know what was the purpose or reason for character x.

Let us know if there anything that didn't make sense with the story :)

Yes, how come when you become a boss in the triad you're still the towel boy for everyone else? That was the turning point for me, when the opportunity was perfect to introduce another mechanic(maybe some form of management) or at least open sidequests related to it. Instead they ask you to do a few fetch quest and hang out with some people who you only see once and then they disappear forever. Kind of like the girlfriends, I always thought that Wei was so bad in bed that he couldn't keep a girlfriend and that its why I beat the porkbuns guy. He was belittling my manhood.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Why you gotta be slapping around the pork bun guy?  The pork bun guy was the best.  Why don't you have a pork bun in your hand?  A man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man.  Maybe if you ate some pork bun you wouldn't be such a chump in bed?

:p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Planescape: Torment still. Getting the bronze sphere for Pharod.

It's kind of nice just how little I remember of this game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why you gotta be slapping around the pork bun guy?  The pork bun guy was the best.  Why don't you have a pork bun in your hand?  A man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man.  Maybe if you ate some pork bun you wouldn't be such a chump in bed?

Tell that to the chief rabbi.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm not sure that the story was a high point either, seems like it starts to lose focus midway through. Plus a lot of the characters are presented and then never used again, wonder where they go?

You are probably finding the narrative confusing. I read a few times on there forums that people didn't know what was the purpose or reason for character x.

Let us know if there anything that didn't make sense with the story :)

Yes, how come when you become a boss in the triad you're still the towel boy for everyone else? That was the turning point for me, when the opportunity was perfect to introduce another mechanic(maybe some form of management) or at least open sidequests related to it. Instead they ask you to do a few fetch quest and hang out with some people who you only see once and then they disappear forever. Kind of like the girlfriends, I always thought that Wei was so bad in bed that he couldn't keep a girlfriend and that its why I beat the porkbuns guy. He was belittling my manhood.

You make some humorous points..."beat the porkbuns guy" :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You also funny Keyrock, you have a good memory for inconsequential speeches in the game :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Best game yet with only 4 turnovers but I did cheat the difficulty level down a level to 2 of 5 (Pro) instead of the default 3 of 5 (All Star)

Problem now that everything else is just way too easy and no team is a challenge anymore

Back to trying to figure out the sliders or better yet see if anyone has a working table on the CheatEngine forums

Free games updated 3/4/21

Risen 2 - I finally did enough to impress ol' Steelbeard so he's let me swear the blood oath and join his crew.  Congratulations, I'm now cursed!  So we left Tacarigua and headed over to the Sword Coast (sounds familiar).  

Upon landing on the beach, Patty, her pops (Steelbeard), and I went to check out a watchtower that seemed to be occupied by some of Crow's men (we don't like Crow).  Turns out they have enlisted the help of some natives, hence i got to slice up people of 2 different skin colors.  After the battle it was time to choose a destination to try to enlist some help.  I could visit the natives and try to get some of them on my side, or I could visit the ol' blue coats (Inquisition) who had recently (*wink wink*) terminated my employment with them.  Of course, I knew I wouldn't have to choose a side just yet and would wind up visiting both camps at some point, but I decided to go to the natives first, on account of their women folk dressing all skimpy like and having nice asses.

Once I got to the natives' village I had to whoop up on a spear chucker to get in.  Don't look at me like that, he was literally chucking spears at me.  So I had a talk with the natives and asked them to teach me some voodoo.  They refused.  Turns out they don't trust the white man.  Can't say I blame them.  I don't trust the white man either and I happen to be a white man.  Guess I'll have to earn their trust before they warm up to me.  So, might as well talk to the chieftain's daughter and see what's going on.  Turns out she sent some dude out on a task and he hasn't returned for far too long.  I can see where this is going.  Yeah, I'll go look for him.  So I talk to this nice bald fella who takes me to the missing dude's last know location.  Hmm, pretty close to the blue coats' camp.  Guess I'll be breaking someone out of prison (again).  Well, I was going to go to the blue coats' camp sooner or later anyway, might as well do so now.  Hopefully they'll have a map to sell me so I can fast travel in the future.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Planescape: Torment still. Getting the bronze sphere for Pharod.

It's kind of nice just how little I remember of this game.

I have the opposite problem, which tends to ruin my replay experience with games.  I remember *too much*, no matter how long it's been since I last played the game.  I'd love to be able to replay a game and be all, "Oh crap, I forgot about this quest/mission".  Instead, I'm usually, "Okay, I remember what comes next".

Just finished a play through of one of Grim's side missions in Blacklist.  I was able to unlock the Panther achievement because of it (Master the Panther Style on 7 Missions).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Musquets are completely overpowered, but it's more fun to larp Captain LeChuck to the fullest in Risen 2.

Agreed 100%.  Guns are far more powerful and useful than voodoo in the game, but voodoo is simply more fun.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Friend convinced me to try Hitman: Blood Money after complaining so much about Hitman: Absolution, (and the new Thief and other recent "reboots"). Liking it so far, but a lot of things weren't very well explained and the controls were a bit hard to get a grasp of. Nonetheless, I've gone through like 8 missions now.

Bartie it is a terrible thing having to actually  think and work out how a game functions. This is how all games use to be, you console kids have it easy :p

I'm going to ignore your "console kid" comment because it doesn't apply at all to me, given my intense dislike of consoles for the past half of my life, and that most of my favorite games are relatively old,  :p

The biggest difficulties, actually, were right in the beginning of the game, when it was trying to teach you specific tactics. Like it told you to take a human shield...and that's it. No actual idea on what buttons to press, or the conditions necessary to do it. Unpack the sniper rifle. I pick up the case...I then hit almost every darn button I possibly can, before realizing I simply have to go into my inventory, (even though it's already in my hand), and reselect it. Push the dude over the railing. I sneak up behind him...and hit what, again? I try and left click, but that just hits him with whatever I have out. I try and hit E, the activate button, which is sometimes used for combat purposes, (human shield, for example, as I found out). After multiple times of retrying, I don't have anything out one time and I magically push him...okay. I clearly should've realized that having a pistol in your hand prevents you from pushing a person. And as for the sedating opponents instead of fiber wiring them...well, again, it told me in the beginning to just put it in a secretary's drink, not that I could up behind someone and stab them with it.

In reality, I didn't really need to know much of this to begin with anyways. I'm never going to use human shield because...well, it's Hitman. You shouldn't really be getting into firefights, or really be shooting any gun besides a sniper rifle anyways, (and also, shooting is a crapton more boring than doing things properly). Sedating? Well, useful for roleplaying/perfectionist purposes, but it's basically the same as fiber wiring somebody, so...I've used the sniper rifle a total of once, and only because there was absolutely no other way to win the mission in question without causing a huge ruckus...so I guess it was kind of useful...Haven't pushed a single person yet since that first mission...if you're not gonna spell stuff out, then either don't mention it and try to make me do it, and instead let me figure it out on my own (if I ever even need to figure it out), or make its usage intuitive. Don't give me some stupid, vague objective without giving me even the slightest hint as to how to do it.    :)

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Hubs and I reached lvl 61 in BL2 and are now going through some of the DLC's in Ultimate difficulty to try to level up before doing the new mini-DLC/gain "overlevels" and farm for lvl 72+ oranges.  I still hadn't ever done the pirate/ship-cars DLC, so we're going that one first. And I got a lvl59 Pandemic Grenade out of the ammo machine. Which hubby immediately demanded I copy for him (he luvs that grenade). :lol: W00t.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Friend convinced me to try Hitman: Blood Money after complaining so much about Hitman: Absolution, (and the new Thief and other recent "reboots"). Liking it so far, but a lot of things weren't very well explained and the controls were a bit hard to get a grasp of. Nonetheless, I've gone through like 8 missions now.

Bartie it is a terrible thing having to actually  think and work out how a game functions. This is how all games use to be, you console kids have it easy :p

I'm going to ignore your "console kid" comment because it doesn't apply at all to me, given my intense dislike of consoles for the past half of my life, and that most of my favorite games are relatively old,  :p

The biggest difficulties, actually, were right in the beginning of the game, when it was trying to teach you specific tactics. Like it told you to take a human shield...and that's it. No actual idea on what buttons to press, or the conditions necessary to do it. Unpack the sniper rifle. I pick up the case...I then hit almost every darn button I possibly can, before realizing I simply have to go into my inventory, (even though it's already in my hand), and reselect it. Push the dude over the railing. I sneak up behind him...and hit what, again? I try and left click, but that just hits him with whatever I have out. I try and hit E, the activate button, which is sometimes used for combat purposes, (human shield, for example, as I found out). After multiple times of retrying, I don't have anything out one time and I magically push him...okay. I clearly should've realized that having a pistol in your hand prevents you from pushing a person. And as for the sedating opponents instead of fiber wiring them...well, again, it told me in the beginning to just put it in a secretary's drink, not that I could up behind someone and stab them with it.

In reality, I didn't really need to know much of this to begin with anyways. I'm never going to use human shield because...well, it's Hitman. You shouldn't really be getting into firefights, or really be shooting any gun besides a sniper rifle anyways, (and also, shooting is a crapton more boring than doing things properly). Sedating? Well, useful for roleplaying/perfectionist purposes, but it's basically the same as fiber wiring somebody, so...I've used the sniper rifle a total of once, and only because there was absolutely no other way to win the mission in question without causing a huge ruckus...so I guess it was kind of useful...Haven't pushed a single person yet since that first mission...if you're not gonna spell stuff out, then either don't mention it and try to make me do it, and instead let me figure it out on my own (if I ever even need to figure it out), or make its usage intuitive. Don't give me some stupid, vague objective without giving me even the slightest hint as to how to do it.    :)

You make some good points, also I was just teasing about the "console kid" comment. I know you play PC games, I remember your impressive knowledge of BG:EE and the status of the game :)

Personally I hate having to work out a games controls, the manual should explain the various functions or there should be a proper tutorial

• Like 1

John Milton 

In reality, I didn't really need to know much of this to begin with anyways. I'm never going to use human shield because...well, it's Hitman. 

Don't be so certain until you finish it.

Blood Money was a true Hitman game and a stealth approach won't always work for you.

No you don't!

You're not going to improve if you don't get back on the horse after it throws you!

Ehm... I think you misread my text. I was going to continue on, even if things are going this bad. And only once I REALLY loose restart.

Sadly, didn't have time to put this to practice yet, no time to game :/

The insectoids, with which I think you mean Chrysalids (as they are the only creatures to create zombies) are a plague. I deal with them with extreme prejudice, they're always priority targets. If I can kill 3 of any other unit, or one chrysalid, it'll be the chrysalid meeting its doom.

Yeah, the Crysalids, yes.

But next time I will be prepared with better armor and laser weapons hopefully.

As for shooting down UFO's, there are 3 special consumable items you can create to aid during the interception, these are incredibly useful. I made it my business to always have 2 of each of them, I have NEVER let a(n?) UFO get away. They can ruin your satellites if you do, and that's too expensive to fix.

Yeah, have 2 of them already. But didn't really understand the 'replace with other fighter' once I had to retreat, I let them leave. Bad me...

Next time they'll get it. Haven't lost a sattelite yet, fortuantely, but of course only have 3 being so early in the game.

And thanks for the tips and advices!

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

In reality, I didn't really need to know much of this to begin with anyways. I'm never going to use human shield because...well, it's Hitman. 

Blood Money was a true Hitman game and a stealth approach won't always work for you.

Hmm. You made me curious as to how far I am into the game. I was kinda saddened to find out there's only 13 missions, and I'm already on the ninth. Maybe I should've played the hardest difficulty instead of the second hardest...I can't have played more than 10 hours so far. Modern games, these days...erm...as modern as seven years ago was, anyways. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Hitman Blood Money isn't long, but each mission is fantastically realized and has a ton of options.  So it gets a pass :p

Maybe it isn't as impressive today, but I remember it was the first game that really gave me the feeling of being lost in a crowd.

Guest Slinky

Hmm. You made me curious as to how far I am into the game. I was kinda saddened to find out there's only 13 missions, and I'm already on the ninth. Maybe I should've played the hardest difficulty instead of the second hardest...I can't have played more than 10 hours so far. Modern games, these days...erm...as modern as seven years ago was, anyways. :p

There's still Hitman 2&3 if you still feel likel murdering people after BM, they are great games too. Not as good as Blood Money, but good still, especially Hitman 2. Never personally liked that much the darker mood of Hitman 3, but it's still a good game.

The original Hitman hasn't aged well, the missions are mostly pretty crap when compared to it's sequels. I wouldn't recommend it anymore.

Risen 2 - So I got to Puerto Isabella, the Inquisitions stronghold on the island.  I mingled with the locals, charmed a couple ladies, and ran some errands.  It never hurts to make friendly with the locals, plus I get to make some coin in the process.  One of the ladies in town is willing to pay me 100 gold for each bottle of red wine I procure for her.  Dang, that's some expensive wine, especially considering she's gotta make profit on it too.  At this point I had been collecting animal parts, digging up treasure, and using my pickpocketing skills for a good while, so I wasn't hurting for money, but more is always nice, considering the high prices of learning skills.  (Pro-tip: Always get items that extract valuables and ingredients off corpses, like the bone saw and skinning knife, as early as possible.  They will pay for themselves quite quickly)  Snooping around town I noticed all the cannons they have scattered around town, pretty impressive.  That may come into play later on when it's time to leave the island.  It's been a long time since I played the game, so I don't remember if I'll be using the cannons or sabotaging them, probably depends on which side I'll pick (Spoiler: I'm siding with the natives)  

Heading back out of town, I rescued Tahana (the missing native) from the Blue Coats, not a difficult proposition, because the guard dropped the key in the yard in front of the prison.  We hoofed it back to their village after finding an idol he ditched before getting nabbed by the Inquisition.  Tahana took a different path to the village than his buddy who had led me around earlier.  I got to go by the Earth Temple where Crow, his pirate goons, and the natives he's got under his control are preparing for some ritual that I probably shouldn't let happen.  I can't go there now, though, I'd get skewered but quick.  I need to get some allies first.

Back in the village, I'd now earned the trust of Chani, the chieftain's daughter.  Her pops is helping out Crow because he's scared ****less of the Titans, but Chani's not down with that because she knows what Crow is doing is only going to bring ruin and death.  She's still uneasy about helping out whitey, but she's willing to let me learn voodoo, if the ancients approve.  Guess I need to have a talk with a ghost.  Off to the nearby temple we go.  The conversation with Mr. Ghosty didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped.  He didn't seem all that eager to let whitey learn voodoo.  Once I invoked the name Mara, though, he changed his tune.  Guess homeslice has no love for Mara, and since I'm looking to snuff her out, the enemy of my enemy and all that goodness.  So now the voodoo priestesses are willing to teach me voodoo.  I learned how to make a scepter and brew potions, got me a schematic for a Scepter of Power (I happened to already have all the necessary ingredients on me), and learned how to make potions far more effective, which will be quite helpful in the future.

Now that I know some Voodoo 101, it's time to get things in motion to get to Crow.  Things won't be that easy, though.  I can't just come waltzing down to the Earth Temple, it's heavily guarded and I won't exactly be welcome.  Still, I need to get something personal off the chieftain so that we can work some voodoo magic on him.  I can't get to the Earth Temple without a fight (that I would surely lose), but delivery boy Jim can.  Looks like it's time to put my new found voodoo skills to use...

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

M&MX:Legacy. After the patch the game looks and feels much better for reasons I can't really point out. I've no idea what else the patch did but the better barter screen and fixed some bugs, but it does feel better overall. Still tries to fry my GPU though.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

--Installing Steam and BL2 on my other PC just so I can "rush" myself. I miss being able to run 2 instances of the game with BL1, on a single PC...

--Looking at the number of prayer-invoked coins on my main NWO chr, I can't believe it's been over 5 months since I first installed that game. I wonder what will happen first: I finally get the 360-coin companion, or I stop caring about even minimal logging in to pray etc. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts