RANDOM VIDEA GAME NEWS!

Rosbjerg

Damn it, what's with all the Brütal Legend hype?!  :p

infidel!

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

SHTUP. Also Rebirth, potentially. It wasn't a great looker in 1999 though and nothing will make it look great (in a bloomtastic __maps out the wazoo pixel shader VMaximum sense, its graphics have always done its primary job well) in 2013

Biggest question is what if anything the bundled enhancements to it are. Probably not the Newdark/ 2.4 patch given previous experience, but whether it's more than fixing the installer for 4GB and setting it to use one core only is an open question.

Edited by Zoraptor

Damn it, what's with all the Brütal Legend hype?!  :p

infidel!

I got to be honest I had also never heard of it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Brutal Legend is an awesome idea for a game, it features Jack Black and uses music better than pretty much every other game ever.  It's actually a bit of a lackluster game in terms of gameplay, but I was able to forgive that because it simply dripped with metal rocksauce.

• Like 1

Brutal Legend is an awesome idea for a game, it features Jack Black and uses music better than pretty much every other game ever.  It's actually a bit of a lackluster game in terms of gameplay, but I was able to forgive that because it simply dripped with metal rocksauce.

Okay, I do know Jack Black. He is hilarious

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Some interesting and scathing information around Aliens: Colonial Marines. Its actually funny when you read some of the bugs and issues. Some of them I listed below and its to do with the AI and the way the marines are suppose to accurately update you 

• “One hostile remaining!” booms a marine as we’re surrounded by six or seven aliens. I’ve a feeling I should probably stop listening to their advice.
  • LOOK UP! LOOK UP!” shrieks O’Neal, just after I’ve killed everything in the room
  • Aliens run toward exploding barrels rather than you, but then, they’re somehow invincible to the explosion if they’re not already stood in it when you fire. Fire first and even though there’s a good two second delay, the bang won’t hurt them at all. They know the safest place is by that exploding barrel, the cunning beasts ( this craked me up :grin:)
  • This writing just gets better and better. “Raiders 6-5 will wait for you, but goddammit don’t make us wait for you.” Someone not only wrote that down, but an actor willingly said it out loud ( also hilarious :grin:)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/13/who-made-aliens-heres-what-we-sorta-know/#more-142273

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/12/wot-i-think-aliens-colonial-marines-single-player/

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

John Milton 

I really enjoyed Brütal Legend. The story and the characters are great and the final battle is simply EPIC(you haven't seen anything like it, trust me!)! But aside from that there isn't really much to do in the game. The "secondary missions" aren't really anything special. You have ambush, outpost defense, mortar and hunting missions that play almost pretty much the same(complete one of each and you have pretty much seen it all), and the racing missions...good lord, the overworld is so painful to drive in that sometimes you simply prefer to walk to your next destination instead of driving. It's obvious that these guys don't have that much experience in creating a good sandbox experience. But there are also moments in the game that you won't be forgetting anytime soon. So jokes aside, yes, it's definitely worth buying beause you get the same awesome writing/dialogue/humor that exist in Psychonauts and other Tim Schafer games, just don't expect this to be a good sandbox game.

Also, a lot of people complained about the RTS elements in the game, but I personally enjoyed it(it's simple but it works). It feels really good to fly around and order your troops while something like this is being played in the background:

Edited by Astiaks
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

My biggest problem with Brutal Legend was just as I was getting to the half way mark, I beat the end boss.

Seriously, the way the game was paced I didn't think the end was going to sneak up like that. It was definitely a fun game though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ooooh... Maybe it's time to actually play that game. isn't there a high res mod out there somewhere that makes the graphics at least passable by today's standards?

If there is a one game that I want to be merely reskinned and updated with today's graphics and enhanced sound effects... it's the System Shock - both 1 and 2 (although 2 was more interesting to me, or maybe I was just older and not ****ting my pants before each move, although I still remember jumping on my chair the first time around, when I was attacked by brain monkey in SS2... I was playing on a night session and an older cousin was sitting in the same room with me... god, how he laughed at me after that scene :D)

There are some games that have to be played on late night ours in a dark room... SS series is one of them... also... Alone in the Dark..

Edited by Darkpriest

Oh Jack Black's in it ? Feh, forget it then.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And System Shock 2 is now currently available from GOG...  the countdown has ended.. ;)

Watched the countdown hit zero and bought it straight away. Installed the unofficial 2.4 patch with the widescreen modes etc. Works like a charm. Good times.