RANDOM VIDEA GAME NEWS!

Rosbjerg

From MS? He has been at MS for 10 years. He's no insider. He comes across as arrogant and a piece of crap not to mention ignorant.

P.S. I did notice your last sentence but the point stands.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think it was available at $165 and up.  I guess that might be a bit pricey for a Wasteland 2 key :p

Okay thx, then I would I missed it as I pledged  $100

And I think it was in the digital only tier? Not sure about that...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Thanks Sandy

I firmly believe that we should put "our money where our mouths are" in the case of games like Wasteland 2 and PE.

So I'll donate this way

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

One of the mods(I'm guessing since their name was green) on the official Wasteland forums said they asked Brian Fargo about the keyword dialogue and he said it was because of the ability to make a varied squad of characters of your choosing and that's the way Wasteland did it. I understand the decision, I don't think it's the obvious and objectively correct decision, but I support InXile's decision. It's possible to write dialogue for a player created squad if they're male/female, intelligent/stupid, charismatic/dull, as long as they come from the same place with the same culture (like say a vault) or you times that location/culture origin by 6-12 for variability, but it's a lot more work. The argument that it was the way Wasteland did it is a strong one, I never played Wasteland, and I think fans of Wasteland should come first, but I also think the keyword dialogue was a result of technical limitations, of course limitation is the mother of good design and gameplay in many ways.

• Like 1

One of the mods(I'm guessing since their name was green) on the official Wasteland forums said they asked Brian Fargo about the keyword dialogue and he said it was because of the ability to make a varied squad of characters of your choosing and that's the way Wasteland did it. I understand the decision, I don't think it's the obvious and objectively correct decision, but I support InXile's decision. It's possible to write dialogue for a player created squad if they're male/female, intelligent/stupid, charismatic/dull, as long as they come from the same place with the same culture (like say a vault) or you times that location/culture origin by 6-12 for variability, but it's a lot more work. The argument that it was the way Wasteland did it is a strong one, I never played Wasteland, and I think fans of Wasteland should come first, but I also think the keyword dialogue was a result of technical limitations, of course limitation is the mother of good design and gameplay in many ways.

Thanks for responding and finding out. The  reason makes  sense to me as well  :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

All I ask is the chance to be rude back to that first NPC and I'll be satisfied with the dialogue.

Between the W2 (like many above, also the first project I officially backed, although I pledged to Double Fine via PayPal) and PE Kickstarters, I will end up with four copies of W2. Maybe in hindsight I should have gone for the T-Shirt instead of the extra boxed copy and poster, hmmm.....

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I didnt watch the whole W2 video so could someone bring me up to speed on what "ketword dialog" actually means. So youre talking to some NPC and when its your turn to reply you have to type in some correct response, you dont choose a response from ~3-4 choices?

From what I've seen, you get two columns, one pertaining to the NPC/mission, the other to your party. Keywords are categorized between the two an you pick given words out (ex. Rangers, Help, Animals) or type in whatever you want.

The system is basically a dialog box that appears in the bottom centre of the screen when a conversation is initiated where you read what the NPC(s) is saying, for example:

Kathy Lawson "We're being attacked by a killer tomatoes, and if that wasn't bad enough raiders are attacking too"

And then to the left of that there is a box with keyword response buttons that apply to that specific character/conversation like "Killer tomatoes" and to the right there is a box for more general keyword options like "Rangers" and "Raiders" which you can ask a lot of people.

From what I've seen, you get two columns, one pertaining to the NPC/mission, the other to your party. Keywords are categorized between the two an you pick given words out (ex. Rangers, Help, Animals) or type in whatever you want.

The system is basically a dialog box that appears in the bottom centre of the screen when a conversation is initiated where you read what the NPC(s) is saying, for example:

Kathy Lawson "We're being attacked by a killer tomatoes, and if that wasn't bad enough raiders are attacking too"

And then to the left of that there is a box with keyword response buttons that apply to that specific character/conversation like "Killer tomatoes" and to the right there is a box for more general keyword options like "Rangers" and "Raiders" which you can ask a lot of people.
Thank you.

In addition to what Serrano and Oner said, you can *also* type in keyboards. An example was asking the NPC Matt Forrestal about Snake Vargas, one of the pre-made NPCs in the original Wasteland party.

I assume you mean keywords?

Are you saying that you can ask questions like " where town". That could be fun and challenging as  I'm not use to that :)

John Milton 

Will next-generation game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt look better on PC or consoles? Hold your horses, Digital Foundry, for developer CD Projekt Red has the answer.

It's the PC.

What a surprise... not.
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Will next-generation game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt look better on PC or consoles? Hold your horses, Digital Foundry, for developer CD Projekt Red has the answer.

It's the PC.

What a surprise... not.

Yeah, thats the response I expect to hear :)

John Milton 

SuperDaE strikes again, this time with the final Durango specs and accessories: http://kotaku.com/5982986/we-know-all-about-the-next-xbox-from-someone-who-says-theyve-got-one

Perhaps most importantly, this isn't an optional accessory. It's mandatory. Not only does a Kinect ship with every console, but it must be plugged in and calibrated for the console to even function.

MS is watching you fapping to Cortana. Then sues you.