What happened on the day you were born?

Katphood

I was bored so I opened up wikipedia and gave in the month and date of my birth in the search box. The result was this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_27

Now something happened on that very day I was born:

1984 – Pop singer Michael Jackson suffers second degree burns to his scalp during the filming of a Pepsi commercial in the Shrine Auditorium.

Seriously, this happened exactly on the same day I was born?

How does your birthday look like? Something interesting happened that you might want to share?

PS: May the moderators have mercy on my wicked soul...

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The awesomest thing that happened on my birthday obviously is that I was born. Other events look at wikipedia to see if they happened on the same day ;)

I looked at wiki, but must say I found it more interesting to read only fraactions of each entry then skip to the next.

That way I ended up with this event:

World War I: Major League Baseball Commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis shocks the Theosophy movement by dissolving the Berlin Olympics.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Uh..

4/20.

Deepwater Horizon exploded, Hitler was born and Columbine. Nothing of major note in my birth year (Well, a Russian pianist got to play IN RUSSIA for the first time)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A treaty between Pennsylvania and Maryland ends the Conojocular War with settlement of a boundary dispute and exchange of prisoners...

Apparantly there was a civil war before the civil war :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The United States was preparing to land on the moon the next day. I watched it on the tv with my mother from the hospital, I belifee.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Apperantly nothing of note, except my birth and Hillary Duffs' and some semi-famous athletes.

Of course in Scandinavia it's the yearly midsummer celebration, so everywhere people were partying, drinking, burning "witches" on huge bonfires and singing - that's something at least.

Fortune favors the bald.

Apart from Hell freezing over a lot has happened on that day since 106 BC, but at the specific date and year of my birth Wiki only reports the birth of two actors and one actress and the death of one british misssionary. So.. the answers would be apparently, grim and no.

(Signatures: disabled) 

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see:

Hitler published Mein Kampf

The Spanish Civil War began

President Warren Harding used army troops to break them big mineworkers strike in 1922

Ted Kennedy drowned his girlfriend and got away scot free

There was a tsunami in New Guniea

Kobe Bryant raped a woman in a hotel in Colorado

Yikes. I was the one bright spot on that day in history!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guest The Architect

Princess Anne got a divorce. Her ex-husband, Mark Phillips, got a shock when he walked in on her one day, and saw what the reptilian Royal really looked like.

godzilla.jpg

He couldn't look at her the same way again.

they broke the mold...

but seriously nothing at all in the year I was born but going back about 9 years

1972 – The 16 survivors of the Andes flight disaster are rescued after 73 days, having survived by cannibalism.

EDIT for weird formatting

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

There was a powerful thunderstorm at the top of Mount Everest on the day I was born, which also happened to be where I was born. I didn't cry, I smiled. as soon as this happened a double rainbow appeared, clearing away the powerful thunderclouds and shining the sun. I whistled an Eagle's cry, and a majestic Golden Eagle came to carry me down to my domain.

That day, all sorts of records where broken. People claimed that they felt more energetic and happy than before. Butterflies followed in the wake of my passing, and crops have been said to have grown particularly large bounty that year. All the sick in hospitals within a 2000 mile radius of my birthplace suddenly got better, and the Dalai Lama himself mentioned a "Great Leader" was born.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

There was a powerful thunderstorm at the top of Mount Everest on the day I was born, which also happened to be where I was born. I didn't cry, I smiled. as soon as this happened a double rainbow appeared, clearing away the powerful thunderclouds and shining the sun. I whistled an Eagle's cry, and a majestic Golden Eagle came to carry me down to my domain.

That day, all sorts of records where broken. People claimed that they felt more energetic and happy than before. Butterflies followed in the wake of my passing, and crops have been said to have grown particularly large bounty that year. All the sick in hospitals within a 2000 mile radius of my birthplace suddenly got better, and the Dalai Lama himself mentioned a "Great Leader" was born.

You too eh?

Free games updated 3/4/21

The legal date of my birth was apparently the day a few famous actors were born plus numerous warfare/conflict related events and not much else. At least according to the Wikipedia. Kinda boring. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In 1914, Germany declared war against France and in 1934, Adolf Hitler became the Fuhrer of Germany. Oh, and in 2005 Mahmoud Ahmadinejad became the president of Iran. Nothing interesting on my own year of birth though...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Gaius Julius Ceasar was awarded the title Augustus by the Roman Senate, marking the beginning of the Roman Empire...

The Medici family became official bankers to the Papacy...

Ivan the Terrible became Tzar of Russia..

The League of Nations held it's first meeting...

Adolf Hitler moved into his Underground Bunker

Space Shuttle Columbia took off on it's final mission...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."