What are you playing now?

Gorth

I read the plot summary of NWN on Wikipedia just now to try to help me remember where I left it all those years ago. It didn't help, absolutely none of it rang a bell except for the elf-lady's name. :mellow: I do think I soldiered on for a bit, thinking that I should be liking it, but that's an assumption at best - guessing I probably did reach the plot twist.

To be fair, I never finished NWN2 either, also getting about halfway in (access to most of the city). MoTB barely got past the starter dungeon (*dodges rotten fruit*) and SoZ I played maybe 90-95% of but was too lazy to go through the end-game paces after the open-world stuff was mostly done.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I only finished NWN2. Never played anything else with the name Neverwinter in it.

FTL is my main drug now. Annoyingly addictive. Hopefully it will pass soon.

And i need to play JA or JA:DG soon, since i haven't played either this year. ( It's my yearly ritual to play JA and maybe DG each year)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I must be easy to please. While they're not among my favorite games, both NWN and NWN 2 were decent enough fun for me. I finished both once each.

I agree, I thought both NWN1&2 were excellent and offered many hours of good, fantasy RPG entertainment.

Sometimes I think people expect too much from games, they want inspiration. Instead of settling for good fun.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I like good fun. I didn't find any in Neverwinter Nights. It's a slower Diablo with worse loot and auto-attack.

I manage to enjoy Neverwinter Nights 2 because of party control and a couple of good characters.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I played through the current release of UNDERHELL!!! (It's an old Source mod that's still in progress.)

While I didn't really find the story to be that amazing, it was still interesting so far. I really like the gameplay, too. Except for the optional dream sequences that you have to do to learn parts of the story, those parts tend to have annoying gimmicks.

Aside from that, I installed Planescape: Torment and am interested in playing through that. Though, I think I'll play through KotOR or Mafia first.

Also, on the topic of NWN, I played through the first chapter of NWN1 with my brother, it was good fun. I only played a little bit of NWN2, but what I did play, I enjoyed.

Edited by Yes Man

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

BL2 - why did they have to put a slot machine in the game? Don't they know there are people with serious mini-game addiction syndrome? Now I spend all my money on it in the hopes of winning Eridium. And Eridium isn't even super-rare later on. Must ... pull ... lever. *shakes fist* :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My friend is a dink. He pesters me non-stop to buy Borderlands 2, constantly reminding me of the release date. And now he won't do MP with me until my character is as high a level as his.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My friend is a dink. He pesters me non-stop to buy Borderlands 2, constantly reminding me of the release date. And now he won't do MP with me until my character is as high a level as his.

hah, wow that's gotta be pretty annoying. I have friend like that as well, I usually just end up not playing with him at all.

Fortune favors the bald.

Hah, usually my friends say 'oh sure we'll play co-op' and then they just burn ahead of me due to them having more free time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hah, usually my friends say 'oh sure we'll play co-op' and then they just burn ahead of me due to them having more free time.

I get this a lot as well. Happened with a few friends with Diablo 3 and made it just not fun anymore. Looking forward to Torchlight 2 though because I think I'll enjoy playing that game solo more than D3, however will also be playing MP when I get the chance.

hah, wow that's gotta be pretty annoying. I have friend like that as well, I usually just end up not playing with him at all.

It wouldn't be as big an issue if I had other friends who play the game. As it stands, he's the only person I game with who owns Borderlands 2, and was a major reason behind me purchasing it.

Maybe I'll try and speed ahead of him in levels, then when he sends me a game invite, I tell him I'm not going to play with him until he gains a higher level!

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm currently on the last stretch of my Fallout series playthrough, just started OWB in NV(Dm and Hh are done, and the main quest is at the branch point).

And I'd have a Baldur's Gates playthrough on going as well, but I got bored with the character in Underdark, so.....

Also Medieval 2: Total War deserves it's mention, as it tends to suck more of my time than either of the earlier games. At least every once in a while.

Dude, I can see my own soul.....

Still on Neverwinter Nights 2. Oh man, why's it take so long to get Ammon Jerro? I miss that guy already.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Borderlands 2 is pretty fun, my friends didn't rush ahead of me too much just made it to Sanctuary as Axton. So far so good, usual shoot n' loot, although I'm finding I run out of ammo easily (guess I can't aim). And yes, I found that slot machine and got blown up by it :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm wondering if I should attempt playing MP with strangers. Do people tend to be dinks in this game and run around stealing all the best loot? Also, do you get matched up with players similar to your level, or could I end up being in a game with a Level 50?

Hubs & I played Commando & Siren through the first "starter area" end boss. And I have to say .... MOST FUN EVER. The starter area is the dullest part when you're solo, imo, but playing co-op made it fun. And for old farts, we didn't do too bad either. Had to Fight For Your Life a few times here and there but no deaths. I think BL2's multiplayer is a lot better than the first game, at least playing with people you know. Dunno why....nothing to do with difficulty or anything - just feels a lot more dynamic and exciting. Maybe it's the music. ;)

@Ghost - I haven't tried random/online MP. I have the sense that doing it randomly might not be too awesome...loot is free for all. So just luck with what type of group you'd get, kinda like with the Diablo's. The Gearbox forums have threads/topics about finding people to play with...you might have some luck finding people/groups there.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Actually finding it a little hard to sit down and play anything for any serious moment of time. Keep getting short half an hour bursts of some games, but the mood just isn't clicking at the moment.

So having short pokes of TOR, Space Marine.. Having a ponder about trying Alpha Centauri too see if that addictive nature helps bring my gaming mood back.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."