What are you playing now?

Gorth

In the first game, if the host was further along quest-wise than you, you couldn't do the quests (to get credit for them). I don't know if it still works that way.

You can get credit for them no matter what now. If you complete quests in someone else's game that are farther ahead of where you are, the game will ask if you want to skip those quests when you catch up in your game.

Faster then Light.

Great concept resulting in lots of fun.

Sadly it's way too short for a rouge-like which leads to over-reliance on randomness.

I would like it to be longer as well. Usually the game ends as soon as I got really attached to my ship and crew. There should be an option to take over your stuff to the next ship or they should double the sectors to the target, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

You can get credit for them no matter what now. If you complete quests in someone else's game that are farther ahead of where you are, the game will ask if you want to skip those quests when you catch up in your game.

Oh. Someone else mentioned something like that. Since I only LAN w/hubby, I don't get to know these things I guess, since we're always same level/use same chrs for LAN> :)

We played for 5-6 hours today, doing side missions and then rescued Roland. That was a very nice round of missions - layer after layer to get to the final goal..seems like they go on and on sometimes, lol. We got to the very end and that big fight, sheesh. Not so much hard (our gear is ok to fairly good for clvl) but a long firefight. We both ran out of bullets on most of our guns (even with a couple ammo upgrades we had). At the end I was like "F*** is it finally over?" and hubs was like "yea no sh**" and we giggled. Thank you Gearbox for a LAN game hubby likes to play. :biggrin:

I love love the music in the game during combat. It's bombastically perfect.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was replaying Rage some weeks ago. Was my second playthrough and I have to say that I liked the game a lot more this time. I'll probably just had way too high expectations the first time and that's why I got disappointed. Except the ending, my second playthrough felt pretty good.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm almost done with Mark of the Ninja. Only the last level remaining. It's been such an awesome game, and I have to say that it's one of the best XBLA games I have played.

I sure hope they bring is to pc. While I will buy it on Xbla if I have to to play it, I'd rather have it on my pc.

Played Rage last week. It is so boring I don't know if I'm gonna finish the game. Also started with the latest world event in Anno 2070. Actually it is quiet challenging unlike the previous world events.

I was replaying Rage some weeks ago. Was my second playthrough and I have to say that I liked the game a lot more this time. I'll probably just had way too high expectations the first time and that's why I got disappointed. Except the ending, my second playthrough felt pretty good.

Have they finally fixed all the technical issues for good?

I'm almost done with Mark of the Ninja. Only the last level remaining. It's been such an awesome game, and I have to say that it's one of the best XBLA games I have played.

I sure hope they bring is to pc. While I will buy it on Xbla if I have to to play it, I'd rather have it on my pc.

PC version has been hinted at. Microsoft probably have it as a timed exclusive for XBLA.

TL2, BL2, Black Mesa, and Katawa Shoujo. Also FFIX on a PS1 emulator using the original discs I picked up for 2 bucks at the library book sale this year. Oh, and ME3. Which I'm royally pissed at because either the EC or Leviathan dlcs removed

the part were Mordin sings in the tower right before he dies for some banal feel good pap completely at odds with his character

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

That Roland mission is almost impossible to complete solo, then again I'm only lvl 12, maybe I should do other missions first

I'm around your level (just got to level 13 last night), and about to attempt that mission. Maybe I'll put it on hold and finish off some of the open side quests I have.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Almost finished Batman: Arkham City. Asylum was way better. The sandbox killed the flow of the narrative and the whole story is too convoluted and fragmented. Too many antagonists mixed together. Still, it's a fun game with plenty of cool things to do and I only payed it 9 € on Steam.

Next game: I want to replay Ultima IV :yes: .

Played Rage last week. It is so boring I don't know if I'm gonna finish the game. Also started with the latest world event in Anno 2070. Actually it is quiet challenging unlike the previous world events.

Have they finally fixed all the technical issues for good?

I still had to use console commands to increase texture loading speed.

Finished FTL now with the osprey ship. Damn, this game really needs more sectors. Or at least one should be able to port over the crew to the next ship. Always when I start feeling attached to my ship and my crew the game is over already.

Edited by Lexx

3gb ram, Intel Core 2 Due E6400, GeForce GTX 560 TI. Running the game with maximum graphic settings (well, except huge megatextures) + the console commands and it looks good and runs 100% smooth.

It is a pretty unique game, I liked it a lot although I only played the demo at the time. Pity 3D graphics age so badly.

I'm trying to play Emperor of the Fading Suns but its a difficult game to learn.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

That Roland mission is almost impossible to complete solo, then again I'm only lvl 12, maybe I should do other missions first

We were level 13, and they were lvl13. But yeah...unless you're loaded with ammo upgrades, it'd be tough solo I'd imagine. We used one of our Golden Keys and lucked out with some really high capacity shields for lvl13, plus I bought a Team health regen mod, which definitely helped out a lot. We'll use our other Key when we're level 30 or 35, to hopefully help with playthru2. I'm hearing playthru 2.5 is murder. heh. Been trying to tree Maya as a healer/phaselock (not going for high dmg/all the way down any tree), but won't be good until maybe lvl20-25. Phaselock is pretty useful/cool tho.

I still had to use console commands to increase texture loading speed.

Well... Not touching it then.

I don't remember Rage having performance issues. But in terms of it being a not-great game...agree on that. I didn't even finish it, and hubs, a notoriously slow solo gamer, finished it in no time (he said "eh, it was ok, not going to replay it"). :getlost:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pushing my Jedi Knight through Belsavis... trying to decide whether I can let my ocd gaming nature slide on avoiding some of the world quests and just focus on the class quests ..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I actually made huge progress on the roland mission today, it's just really long and there's waayy too much enemies to kill. And you can't quit the game for a break unless you complete an area and load up a new one, or else you gotta restart everything

Is that confirmed? I've been wondering about the save/exit system in BL2. In the first game it would only load/start you at the nearest/last Travel save point. But hubs and I saved/exited at just a "death respawn" save robot thingie and the game loaded us right at that spot again. But perhaps some of the story missions have stricter requirements about that then the general areas.

I didn't think Steam-offline+LAN would count as a server in that regard (tho technically, I know the host is the server). I shall have to investigate this more, it'd be nice to know for sure.

I did read one forum post with someone complaining that he was doing a big story mission, found a FT point near the end and used it to go back to town before the big fight ... and then discovered the FT wasn't given on the Travel pole in town...so he had to go all the way back. That would suck....dunno if it was a glitch or what.

Edited by LadyCrimson