What are you playing now?

Gorth

I always forget to use his turret...but yeah, it's a good partner. I've heard it's weak (health wise) in 2nd playthru, tho, if you don't take that skill that boosts its health. But don't know for sure. My Axton is only lvl 12. ;)

I can't remember which tier of skills it was, but I've been putting points into the category that deals with the turret. So hopefully that includes the HP for the turret as well.

Even if the turret doesn't do much at higher levels, it's going to provide a good distraction for enemies to focus on so I can pick them off from a distance.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I always forget to use his turret...but yeah, it's a good partner. I've heard it's weak (health wise) in 2nd playthru, tho, if you don't take that skill that boosts its health. But don't know for sure. My Axton is only lvl 12. ;)

I can't remember which tier of skills it was, but I've been putting points into the category that deals with the turret. So hopefully that includes the HP for the turret as well.

Even if the turret doesn't do much at higher levels, it's going to provide a good distraction for enemies to focus on so I can pick them off from a distance.

You get turret health in the gunpowder tree with the longbow skill. Alternatively you can get the shield in the survival tree.

I am addicted to Persona 4. It's one of the only turn-based console RPG's where I have actually enjoyed the combat.

Edited by Yes Man

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

More Morrowind lunacy.

I found a place called Hlomaren or something. It has a portal I can't use and a Keep. Upon entering the keep I found that everyone in it, humans, elves etc. wants to murder me, but only on the two middle floors! The roof and the basement are full of people standing around that say nothing important when you talk to them. None of this makes any sense at all - this game needs some context badly.

I can live with random dungeons (very uninspiring so far, exactly like Oblivion) but major locations need at least a little explanation.

In fact this game is pretty much Oblivion except with superior art direction.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Remember that according to the patch notes, you need to start from the second to last mission for the extended cut to work properly.

ie. from before cerberus base

Yes, I saved a game before that mission. Thanks for the heads up though.

If you've completed the game, the final save also takes place there (kind of like in DAO), so that's generally taken care of. Just that anything saved after that might not worky. Haven't tried, not like I had a bunch of characters at that stage. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I finally understood what was wrong with Homeworld 2 (apart from the crappy single player campaign). I had to play both the original and the sequel at the same time to refresh my memory.

Homeworld 2's ships are made of cardboard. In the original it takes a few minutes for even the lowly frigates to murder each other. This gives the player time to think and makes the ship feel substantial - they are after all made of thousands of tons of steel and crewed by hundreds.

In the sequel everything dies to a few shots and vaporizes in seconds. I couldn't believe that my battlecruiser would destroy a mothership with something like three hits. This results in everything happening so fast that you can't even watch the action - you have to stay on the radar screen most of the time.

In short, to make the game quick like Starcraft they made the units extremely expendable, faster and the maps smaller thereby butchering the whole grandiose space combat feel.

Its plain sad considering HW2 had probably the best art direction ever seen in a strategy game:

http://shipyards.relicnews.com/hw2/images/display.htm?demo_091303_20.jpg

http://shipyards.relicnews.com/hw2/images/display.htm?demo_091303_02.jpg

http://shipyards.relicnews.com/hw2/images/display.htm?Trailerhw201.jpg

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Hubs reached the Rescue Roland robot boss fight with his solo Siren around lvl10 or 11 and died, and died, and died, died...then turned off the game and went to bed. :lol: Still trying to play Axton and Zero myself ... a level at a time ... still not quite as interested solo/replay.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hubs reached the Rescue Roland robot boss fight with his solo Siren around lvl10 or 11 and died, and died, and died, died...then turned off the game and went to bed. :lol: Still trying to play Axton and Zero myself ... a level at a time ... still not quite as interested solo/replay.

I cheesed that fight and shot the robot from between two crates to the right of him. >_>