What are you playing now?

Gorth

Made one final attempt to extract some value out of my SR3 sale purchase, unsuccessfully. Steam counting playtime at 13 hours but it drags so much it felt a lot longer - but that's where the clock's going to stop for good.

I have 9 hrs logged into SR3 and I have to yet start another game from the beginning. First game had a bug that totally killed progression in the game so I had to start game #2, well I tried a female character this time and it looked horrible once in the game...now I'm going to try attempt #3 after I finish ME3. I hate how you have to play a mission first before you get to the create character menu, but luckily that mission isn't too long..

No need to restart, you can redo character creation entirely from within the game, including sex changes, via the plastic surgery clinics. Changing your face and body is no different to changing your clothes in this game, and has no negative repercussions whatsoever aside from the token cost - game will carry on as if you were that new person all along.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

In terms of scaling old games with mods and whatnot, I tend to compromise a bit since the gap between too-small and too-large is so massive. In Fallout for example, 25x14/16 is pretty ridiculous and you see vast swathes of pixels outside the playable game zone (particularly noticable in the random encounters). Eventually settled for a 4:3 resolution of 1280x960 and let my screen scale it while retaining the aspect ratio (i.e. vertical black bars down the sides).

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I greatly encourage playing SR3 co-op. Sweet googly moogly was that fun.

Favourite mission: Had to kill a guy, and to get him exposed I needed to pose as his helicopter pilot picking him up. As he gets into my helicopter, I hop out of it and base jump off the roof while my friend pops up from over the side and lights up the landing pad with the attack helicopter. I really wish we had videoed it in retrospect :D

I think he means he'll use Widescreen mods for both of those games.

True. You can make Planescape Torment look better than most "next gen" games out there with these mods and if you sit in front of the tv at a normal distance, it's almost impossible to spot a pixel: http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finally got the Air of Experience (500 B-Spec races) trophy in GT5. It's almost two years after I played the game for the first time O.o

Now 75 more cars to buy, to get the Car Collector Trophy (1000 cars) I think that will be another 3 months with my current free time spent playing this game :p and hopefully I will get the Excellent Driver Trophy (A-Spec lvl 40) while racing for the cars as well...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished off BL2, enjoyable experience much like the first game for me. Had more trouble getting to the last boss than I did fighting him. had pretty crappy corrosive weapons so the bots were a pain to deal with, boss didn't drop anything particularly neat - was one of those grenadier assault rifles, meh. Did rush through the zones, so I missed out on some sidequests, I expect they were just more "Jack is EVIL" type though :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think he means he'll use Widescreen mods for both of those games.

True. You can make Planescape Torment look better than most "next gen" games out there with these mods and if you sit in front of the tv at a normal distance, it's almost impossible to spot a pixel: http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html

Just so people know, the last few versions of the Widescreen Mod have had a nasty crash bug, the last stable version as far as I know is 2.20 but this thread has some fixes that worked for most people.

Does anyone know what causes the slot machine cost to go up in BL2? I thought/heard it was clvl based, which would seem reasonable, but there were definitely some level ups where the cost didn't go up at all...and then other times I didn't check for a couple level ups and I'd go back and it had gone up $600. At lvl 33, in 2nd difficulty, I think it's getting close to $3000 a pull now. :lol:

Someone posted a pic of their lvl32 gambling off a machine strapped to an enemy back, and it was only $700ish a pull...tho she said in town it was closer to $1200, so that must have been a special case or something. Anyway....made me start wondering, heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Does anyone know what causes the slot machine cost to go up in BL2? I thought/heard it was clvl based, which would seem reasonable, but there were definitely some level ups where the cost didn't go up at all...and then other times I didn't check for a couple level ups and I'd go back and it had gone up $600. At lvl 33, in 2nd difficulty, I think it's getting close to $3000 a pull now. :lol:

Someone posted a pic of their lvl32 gambling off a machine strapped to an enemy back, and it was only $700ish a pull...tho she said in town it was closer to $1200, so that must have been a special case or something. Anyway....made me start wondering, heh.

I haven't tried the slot machines yet. Do you get anything unique (ie. weapons/shields) as a reward?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Homeworld Cataclysm and Morrowind.

I'm halfway through Cataclysm. Its an excellent game, although not as good as the first. But still better than the sequel

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Wrapped up my Jedi Knight's storyline on TOR last night.. Kind of interesting to raid Dromund Kaas and take on the Emperor directly. Although they leave a couple of potential storyhooks hanging, so I guess they're the groundwork for potential future expansion of the game beyond the end "interlude".

Key things to note for folks playing Jedi Knights who haven't reached there yet..

1> For various story-reasons, you end up with T7 as your only companion for that section. With no warning. Which means if you're like me, you likely find that all his companion gear is still around 28-32 and he gets stomped on a lot during... So pay attention and improve his gear before trying to take on the mission.

2> They do have a rather annoying element, in that the Emperor has an attack "Force Blast" that cheerfully does in excess of 20,000 damage with one blast. So unless you know what you're doing, you have no clue to interrupt that specific ability when you see him start to use it.

For the somewhat amusing, if you complete Lord Scourge's companion conversations, he does this really nice chat about how he feels it's such a shame that someone with my power wasn't raised by the Sith where I could have taken lordship and dominion. As such, he feels it would be a total crime against the universe if any children I have are not raised according to Sith principles. So he makes the kindly offer that he will keep an eye on me for them, just to make sure they have the proper opportunities to grow and gain control of the galaxy...

The nice response of "Um.. thank you in a..that is very creepy sort of way"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I haven't tried the slot machines yet. Do you get anything unique (ie. weapons/shields) as a reward?

Getting three of the right symbol gives you an item (usually or always a weapon I guess?) of a certain color/rarity. White, Green, Blue, etc. So you can get an Orange from them. It's very rare tho....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wrapped up my Jedi Knight's storyline on TOR last night.. Kind of interesting to raid Dromund Kaas and take on the Emperor directly. Although they leave a couple of potential storyhooks hanging, so I guess they're the groundwork for potential future expansion of the game beyond the end "interlude".

Key things to note for folks playing Jedi Knights who haven't reached there yet..

1> For various story-reasons, you end up with T7 as your only companion for that section. With no warning. Which means if you're like me, you likely find that all his companion gear is still around 28-32 and he gets stomped on a lot during... So pay attention and improve his gear before trying to take on the mission.

2> They do have a rather annoying element, in that the Emperor has an attack "Force Blast" that cheerfully does in excess of 20,000 damage with one blast. So unless you know what you're doing, you have no clue to interrupt that specific ability when you see him start to use it.

For the somewhat amusing, if you complete Lord Scourge's companion conversations, he does this really nice chat about how he feels it's such a shame that someone with my power wasn't raised by the Sith where I could have taken lordship and dominion. As such, he feels it would be a total crime against the universe if any children I have are not raised according to Sith principles. So he makes the kindly offer that he will keep an eye on me for them, just to make sure they have the proper opportunities to grow and gain control of the galaxy...

The nice response of "Um.. thank you in a..that is very creepy sort of way"

I hear that fight's been toned down quite a bit from launch (and let's not forget that there's a puzzle that gives you lvl 50 gear for t7, so even if you haven't been keeping him up to date, you're not completely hosed), I'd read some of the earlier warnings (guys, keep t7 _well_ geared for endgame!) and went totally overkill, in my prep for it. I hear it can still give guardians problems, but my sent absolutely facerolled through the encounter because I went so overboard with it.

I'd say that the Imperial Agent chapter 1 final encounter takes the cake so far as the absolutely terrifyingly hardest encounter I've yet endured in the game. It's taxed my understanding of the class, luck and player skill to a higher degree than anything I've seen, except maybe for the first boss in Lost Island as a melee dps. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finished up NWN2. Act 3 is in my opinion easily the best part of the game and where it begins to be... well, actually fun.

However, screw the final dungeon and the final boss... right up the butt. What a freaking mess it is to control all your companions in that final battle, with all the fireworks going off. Jesus.

Now just started MotB and quickly falling in love with it again.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I played NWN 2 through at least 2 times but for the life of me I can't remember what the game was about. Its just so forgettable

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Right now, making small headway on my Borderlands 2 game. At level 16, but as with the first one, it's harder to pull myself to it by myself than with friends. And my main co-op friend is away for the next month. Plus, the save system pushes me away from short bursts of playtime.

Torchlight 2 on the other hand gives you the opportunity of short burst game with save anywhere, map exploration saves and I've been really enjoying that. I think my Eng is up to lvl 54 and I have other characters ranging from lvl 6-18 and just really enjoying the game so far.

A little FTL here and there as this game really takes ahold of my interest from time to time.

Awaiting Xcom at the time.

Icewind Dale 2. At the Ice Palace. Playing through the 45 levels to obtain Battle Mastery >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wanted to replay TW2 for the Enhanced Edition, but the beginning is so slow. Maybe switch to Icewind Dale, which is, well, just as pretty with better gameplay.

After finishing Risen 2, I cleared my entire peecee gaem backlog. Sméagol is free!!!

You're a liar! You must be. Clearing a backlog? How is such a thing even possible?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So I'm not sure how much I like co-op in BL2. At first I thought it would be fun to play with other people, but I'm finding that I'm not enjoying the missions now. Instead of taking my time and finding everything there is to find on a level, I'm doing a speed run through missions because the guys I'm playing with just head straight for the quest markers, and since most have played through once already, they get there before me, and I don't even get to do anything but follow along in my own game!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)