What are you playing now?

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Careful with those sites, Steam has on some occassions disabled games bought through those kind of places as some games are region locked..

Where did he buy it. If you bought just a key, you probably purchased from an anauthorized retailer and there is a chance that the key will not work or that it will be for a different version of the game (ex/ Russian).

http://forums.steamp...777&postcount=4

Just because it deserves to be said again...

So, I finally finished Old World Blues. Probably the last person in the world to do so too. Just in case I'm not, regarding the ending:

Found all locations and did most of the stuff I could do there (at least I think so, I'll have to check a walkthrough to see if I missed anything).

I'm not sure if I could have chosen differently, but ended up killing Mobius and intimidating the think tank by pretending to be Mobius' brain. Also convinced my brain to return by threatening it with excessive TV watching :rolleyes:

I would have preferred to spare Mobius and kill the think tank, but I'm not sure what dialogue path (if any) I could have taken in the first dialogue. Ah well, next time. Back to the Mojave for now.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I started playing the Resident Evil Remake on my old GameCube again. Was a bit surprised about how scary it still is (or is again, after I forgot pretty much everything about the game). Though the gamepad controls are killing me. I just hate gamepads. They are so damn unprecise to me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, I finally finished Old World Blues. Probably the last person in the world to do so too. Just in case I'm not, regarding the ending:

Found all locations and did most of the stuff I could do there (at least I think so, I'll have to check a walkthrough to see if I missed anything).

I'm not sure if I could have chosen differently, but ended up killing Mobius and intimidating the think tank by pretending to be Mobius' brain. Also convinced my brain to return by threatening it with excessive TV watching :rolleyes:

I would have preferred to spare Mobius and kill the think tank, but I'm not sure what dialogue path (if any) I could have taken in the first dialogue. Ah well, next time. Back to the Mojave for now.

You're not the last, I'm going through NV veeeery slowly, about 2-4 hours a week, and I haven't started any of the DLC, none of which I had on my first playthrough. About level 12 now I think, supposedly too low to start them, but I hear the recommended levels for the new stuff is very conservative - so I'm not sure whether to go on with the post-reaching Vegas drudgery (a bit of an exaggeration, but the weaker half of the game for mine) or take the plunge.

Not playing anything else either, knocking off one or two movies a week from my couple-hundred title long backlog. Did pledge a hundred to the Broken Sword Kickstarter though, and I imagine the QFG one will be up soonish.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I played through OWB recently and spared Mobius. I don't remeber precisely how you can spare him, but there are different skill/special checks. The first one is a repair check to repair its monitor. I think this is the one that gives the option to stop the discussion without a fight. OWB is heavy on skill/special checks in discussions with skills repair, science, speech and special perception and intelligence. Or maybe it was because those are the specialties of my character that I remember those.

For the DLC, I think the one that can be done quite easily at level 12 is Honest Hearts.

Replaying KOTOR for the umpteenth time to get in to teh mood before I start KOTOR 2, both of which I now proudly own on Steam.

Nice that it finally showed up there, too bad it's still windows only.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Dark Souls: Prepare to die for PC.

While the keyboard controls are somewhat ... arcane ... the dev's did a pretty good job on the PC port (considering they've never made one before). Graphically, it looked pretty good out of the box--but within hours of release, the modding public had released a patch that upped the internal resolution so it looks much more like a PC game. So far I've spent about 10 hours with it, and expect I'll be spending about 100 more--whatever else it is, it's a great game that I wouldn't have bought or played otherwise (I don't own a console).

Edited by kalimeeri

Careful with those sites, Steam has on some occassions disabled games bought through those kind of places as some games are region locked..

Where did he buy it. If you bought just a key, you probably purchased from an anauthorized retailer and there is a chance that the key will not work or that it will be for a different version of the game (ex/ Russian).

http://forums.steamp...777&postcount=4

Not if it's Region free.

True, but Steam still advises not to buy from unauthorized retailers and if you buy it from these places they can't offer support either - so it's a risk, I just wanted to point that out. But it's your money and your account so.. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Regarding DX:HR... the 'punch walls' pays itself back since it's 1 praxis point, and the only way to gain one "hidden" praxis point. Free upgrade. But yeah, rather useles. Not as useless as 'find out what your chance is of successful hack' praxis upgrade... since that did... well... nothing, it already does that without investing the point... :/

And yeah, I definitely prefer DX's melee over HR's. Having to aim at specific places, weaponry made different effects (just think Dragon's Tooth vs. Baton). Sigh... why new game designers? Why?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Friend of mine made a good Diablo

.. Is the game any good? I think I might be tempted.

Depends on what you are playing. I suppose I could be accused of currently playing D3, but it depends on what you like. If you like hack and slash action RPGs...it does get boring after a while to a point. If you are a MMORPG lover...it probably is great EXCEPT you can't have massive groups. In fact, relatively, you don't have the numbers of live players in the game to really have that MMORPG social experience.

If you are after a fun game for a short while, you could get it.

I think the starter edition is free for download currently, you can't play the hard levels, but it should give you a taste of what the game is like for you to be able to determine whether you want more or not.

He's got a great build going on there, I think I might try it. My Monk is level 53 on Hell difficulty and solo-ing is tough. I'm doing something wrong, might try to reconfigure skills to something like this.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Just did a Butcher inferno run, and:

(1) There's like 3 times more drops as before. Mostly useless as usual, but picked up a decent bow. It should have been like this at least from the start, really, though maybe they've overdone it a bit now...

(2) None of my friends are ever online, and public games have like 5 people per level, too. Damn.

(3) Auction House is just nuts.

Conclusion: Meh, guess I'm done with it.

Had a short bout of Hitman Sniper Challenge. Although it seems to have a quirk of the mouse bouncing between being really slow to move and then suddenly becoming uber-sensitive and jerking rapidly, then bouncing back to slow crawl.. which is really off-putting when trying to make delicate headshots...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

He's got a great build going on there, I think I might try it. My Monk is level 53 on Hell difficulty and solo-ing is tough. I'm doing something wrong, might try to reconfigure skills to something like this.

LadyCrimson has a pretty good build on display in a video she made in the D3 thread if you have the energy to search it out but IIRC you need to be at least level 55 to use those skill selections. I totally copied her and its what got me over the same hump youre at.

Ive definately seen an increase in quality drops and Im even making money selling them on the AH. A couple items would be equipped right now if I hadnt spent large at the AH prior to the patch. I also have no problem finding groups. Now finding a good group may take 3-4 attempts but that has nothing to do with lack of people to play.

Tigranes, Im on every day from about 6-8pm Central Time so hit me up.

Went back to D3 and WoW, of all things, just puttering around the world - might as well charge my alt to 85.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Taking a little break from Darksiders 2 and Sleepings Dogs to put a little time into Guild Wars 2 and Dark Souls (PC). So far, enjoying both games. Guild Wars 2 is the multiplayer game for soloers without friends and I enjoy it for that reason. Dark Souls, well, I put a good amount of time into the PS3 version and enjoyed it more than Demon Souls and I'm having the same fun with the PC version, although I am using the resolution mod. It looks fine to me, at least with the mod, and I can say, for a game that was never meant for pc, the devs did enough in my book.

Dark Souls, hopefully.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think the game is fun as single-player action-rpg as you're learning the game. I mean, I spent quite a bit of time on it after all, even with the frustrations. It just doesn't have longevity. But if you have a couple friends to play with, that could make it last longer. Do play the demo....and keep in mind that Normal difficulty for most people is akin to super-super-easy.

(3) Auction House is just nuts.

I know, right? It was bad before, but I swear since the patch it's even worse. If you spend tons of time looking, you can occasionally get a "steal" but overall it's crazy.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I ended up going on a bit of a shopping spree, and now I don't know which game to play first. Bought Batman Arkham Asylum for cheap, decided to buy Spec Ops the Line for cheap, and also went ahead and bought Sleeping Dogs. I'm leaning towards Sleeping Dogs.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So all you Dark souls players, have you had any troubles with impossible griefers? Since the PC version is so easily hacked and there are no online checks to keep anything in order.

I won't give in and buy PC version, October 26th will come soon enough.

Until then i can prepare new builds on all my PSN accounts. :D Maybe i should play some Dead space 2 or Heavy Rain. I've been meaning to do that for months..

1.13 killed off Ja2.

couldnt you just play dark souls in offline mode? in my experience the online added only minimal enjoyment to the experience, playing offline to eliminate potential grief seems like the best way to go

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.