What are you playing now?

Gorth

I just finished the last of the Borderlands 1 DLC and am ready to start BL2. I really liked Zombie Island, Mad Moxi, and General Knoxx for the most part although all the travelling back and forth began to drag towards the end. By the end of Claptrap Revolution I was absolutely sick of it and skipped most of the optionals entirely. That was a god awful move imho, and a real shame because I think many of the jokes were some of the best in the game. The conclusion to Tannis' robot parts quest had me laughing out loud but it was not worth the time it took to find everything. I understand that the DLCs were not meant to be played back-to-back right after completing the main campaign but I can't believe they made the maps so much larger and completely did away with any form of quick-travel or vehicle use. I'm almost dreading Gearbox outdoing themselves on the tedious "All the way there and all the way back and all the way over there again" quest chains for the sequel.

Edited by Serrano

Finally finished that quest to rescue Roland. Is that ever a long quest. It was also quite frustrating because I kept running out of ammo, and to backtrack to find ammo allowed them to re-power their shields to full. So I'd have to whittle their shields down AGAIN and hope I had enough ammo to put a dent in their health before once again fetching ammo.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Max Payne 3 and a little bit of Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

I think Rockstar did an awesome job on Max Payne 3. The gameplay is solid, the writing is great and the setting is also quite good, a proper break from the original setting in my opinion.

Going for Darksiders II after I'm done with these.

Edited by Astiaks
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Reading all of this Borderlands stuff almost gives me nightmares. Don't see how so many people like that style game..

I said that when 1 came out and was ripped into shreds. Just throwin' that out there. :p

p.s. still don't get it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Reading all of this Borderlands stuff almost gives me nightmares. Don't see how so many people like that style game..

I said that when 1 came out and was ripped into shreds. Just throwin' that out there. :p

p.s. still don't get it.

Neither do I. But then I never got Diablo either.

• Like 3
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

To me, Borderlands was even in coop boring. Mainly because of the fetch quests you have to do all the time. Run from point A to B and back, kill 10 of stuff, collect 20 of stuff, etc. This is so lower bottom, I just can't take it anymore.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finally finished that quest to rescue Roland. Is that ever a long quest. It was also quite frustrating because I kept running out of ammo, and to backtrack to find ammo allowed them to re-power their shields to full. So I'd have to whittle their shields down AGAIN and hope I had enough ammo to put a dent in their health before once again fetching ammo.

Yep, friend used the fast travel point to get some ammo and found out it's exit only. I was hurting for ammo by the time I found the Warden - that fight is painful to do solo, pretty painful in 4 person group. Mind you we didn't have corrosive, just a couple with shocking so probably would have been easier.

Also, Threshers suck. But it is cool to phaselock a tadpole in midair

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To me, Borderlands was even in coop boring. Mainly because of the fetch quests you have to do all the time. Run from point A to B and back, kill 10 of stuff, collect 20 of stuff, etc. This is so lower bottom, I just can't take it anymore.

All I could ever take in that genre is Diablo 1 and that's a game you can finish in an evening of play.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yep, friend used the fast travel point to get some ammo and found out it's exit only. I was hurting for ammo by the time I found the Warden - that fight is painful to do solo, pretty painful in 4 person group. Mind you we didn't have corrosive, just a couple with shocking so probably would have been easier.

Also, Threshers suck. But it is cool to phaselock a tadpole in midair

I haven't come across a single corrosive gun. Marcus sells crappy weaponry, too. So I have to wait until I luck out and an enemy drops one.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I haven't come across a single corrosive gun. Marcus sells crappy weaponry, too. So I have to wait until I luck out and an enemy drops one.

Story of Borderlands, Marcus and the machines do really have 'meh' gear though, I agree. I wish my Sabre turret could aim, but it is nice to see it pump 22 rockets into a midget.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Story of Borderlands, Marcus and the machines do really have 'meh' gear though, I agree. I wish my Sabre turret could aim, but it is nice to see it pump 22 rockets into a midget.

It's almost like the game is conspiring against me. At one point the *only* elemental weapons I had were ones that did fire damage. This was at the point where I was up against a bunch of enemies (and a boss) who is immune to fire.

Playing Max Payne 3 and a little bit of Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

I think Rockstar did an awesome job on Max Payne 3. The gameplay is solid, the writing is great and the setting is also quite good, a proper break from the original setting in my opinion.

Going for Darksiders II after I'm done with these.

I am also playing Max Payne 3, and I agree that Rockstar have done an excellent job. I am really enjoying the whole Rio setting, its ideal for a washed up Max :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hubs and I did some side quests to try to level up for the next story mission and ... they were really boring. I'm not feeling the side quests at all. There's a ton of them and we've only tried a few, so maybe some are better (one did take us to a new area, the corrosive caverns or something) but ... they just feel lackluster. I think I felt the same way about the first game too, which is why I skipped most of them on repeat plays. Kinda disappointing.

I think the issue is twofold: one, a lot of the side missions take you back to places you've already been (and sometimes are very short fetches), and two, the main quest line's are now so long, involved, frantic, challenging and fun (at least with hubby, haha) that the side quests feel dull by comparison. Going back to places you've been isn't just about the order you do things in, either, since current sides in town weren't available until you finished the last story-mission. Ah well, just need another level and we'll go for the next main quest. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

borderlands 2 is pretty mindless fun, but thats what i like about it. i dont want every game to be like this, but every now and then its just what i need

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

borderlands 2 is pretty mindless fun, but thats what i like about it. i dont want every game to be like this, but every now and then its just what i need

Exactly. :thumbsup:

There's a lot of stuff in reviews about the better story but ... I've hardly paid attention. Something about some dude wanting to kill you so you, y'know, have to go search him out. I don't really need to know any more. But I guess at least it's there for people who did want more. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I do like some of the new characters, Hammerlock does have a few good lines especially with the mutant varkids. That quest is a pain though, what with Mordecai helpfully killing stuff you need to stay alive for a bit.

Yeah that's why I keep several steam accounts, I don't want every game I ever bought these last 8 years to risk getting jacked

Good idea - though I only expect to buy 2 more games in the near/not so near future on Steam, so a bit late on that for me. No idea how my account got selected, but all seems good so far..

Icewind Dale. Just finished Kresselacks Tomb and is now heading off to find the Heartstone Gem that those negligent druids lost.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I thought it would be pointless and complicated also, but after having got locked out of steam (for a couple days) a few years ago, I figured its probably for the best, not to mentioned the tons of money one can have invested into all those games being sold for 60 bucks each. It would pretty much suck to have it compromised over some hacker or a VAC Ban. There's already a few programs out there that let you manage multiple accounts, for instance here's a quick tutorial for programming your own

https://royalhack.ru/forum/showthread.php/111727-How-to-Make-Your-own-Steam-Account-Manager-VB-6-0

Icewind Dale. Just finished Kresselacks Tomb and is now heading off to find the Heartstone Gem that those negligent druids lost.

I have to confess I haven't played either of the IWD. I wanted to play them recently but the general opinion about them all seemed to be same, they are an excellent Action RPG but don't have much of a narrative or interaction with your party members like BG. Is this true?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela