The funny things thread

Tale

I gave up on my Mech after having to listen to her scream every time she caught on fire. Drove me bonkers, and not in a good way. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

StarWarsEpisodeVII_zpsea196a1f.jpg

Hope is powerful. But I'm still going with low expectations.

Maybe they'll rekindle the old magic.

Maybe I'll win the lottery.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

No, this is depressing

phd013013s.gif

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've heard that their urine smells like cat urine times a million. Not funny when they're still not housebroken...nor do i know if one ever will within its lifetime.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Klingong Guide To Writing Perfect Code

The 12 most common statements you are likely to hear from a Klingon programmer:

Number 12: “Specifications are for the weak and timid!”

Number 11: “This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors if I am to do battle with this code!”

Number 10: “You cannot begin to appreciate Dilbert unless you have read it in the original Klingon!”

Number 9: “Indentation?! I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!”

Number 8: “What is this talk of ‘release’? Klingons do not ‘release’ software. We uncage our software, letting it leave a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.”

Number 7: “Klingon function calls do not have ‘parameters.’ They have ‘arguments’ . . . and they ALWAYS WIN THEM!”

Number 6: “Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.”

Number 5: “I have challenged the entire quality assurance team to a Bat-Leth contest. They will not trouble us again.”

Number 4: “A TRUE Klingon programmer does not comment his code!”

Number 3: “By filing this PTR you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare to die!”

Number 2: “You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!”

Number 1: “Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!”

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

WARNING: Probably not safe for work! (Depending on where you work.)

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Romanian tourist ad for British people

kate2.jpg

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra