The funny things thread

Tale

Me playing basketball after 3 years of not.  I had a sweet baseline drive to a reverse lay up for an epic airball! XD

I see nothing, even when I allow all page scripts like google/facebook etc. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

jbva6.gif
prPWR.gif
1243937143_supplies.gif

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

hazard-ballboy.gif

I'm not a big soccer fan, but damnit that kid had it coming.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

hazard-ballboy.gif

Another angle, doesn't look like he kicked him - although that would have been extremely satisfying if he did, heh.

ibcN3plDZj7bbS.gif

And the always entertaining Joey Barton's take on it : "Hazard only crime is he hasn't kicked him hard enough."

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A bit off topic but...what was the Ball Boy trying to do that he'd fall on the ball?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sorry the only report I've read on the incident reported the dude was a "ball boy".

They didn't have ball boys when I played HS football/soccer/whateveryouwanttocallit but you know I went with what the report said.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I read that the boy is in fact the son of Swansea's club manager, and before the game the little **** said he was going to stall big time. Opinions of him in the UK are turning sour.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

In soccer, the clock keeps running even when the ball goes out of bounds?

The clock never stops*; the officials keep track of time for injuries and add it on to the end.  Anything else is done on the clock.

If the guy was just some jerk who grabbed the ball, I'm not entirely sure why Hazard was red carded, to be honest. Particularly since the intent would seem to be to do what happened - force a tie which Swansea would advance from due to tiebreaking/advancement rules.

*I believe there are some US affiliations that allow time-outs; my memory though this isn't really the norm.

Dumb to do that anyway, referee will just add time on.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I dunno I found this amusing

Hello.  Just a fair warning that the below email is unnecicarily long, mis-spelled and the crucial information, regarding tickets to my shows in London, stockholm and Oslo, is way down toward the bottom.  But its easier to write this disclaimer than to edit the whole email.  Even this disclaimer is too long.  Oh well. Here begins the actual email...

Dearest recipient of this email,
I hope that, as you are reading this, you are well in health and spirit.   I hope that you are having fine luck and that you feel positive and joyful about your life.
Of course I suppose that not all of you that are reading this are feeling well, lucky or happy.
Seeing as this email goes out to about a quarter of a million people, the odds that all of them are having a terrific day are very low. I would say at least thirty two thousand four hundred and sixty two of you are just having the worst day ever.
The kind of day where, when someone smiles at you, you really want to punch them right in their stupid mouth.  And here now youre getting an annoying email from that comedian you used to like, but enough already with that guy anyway.
Well, in any case.... Hello.  To all of you.

Im writing for a reason which will mean nothing to any of you who don't live in the British Isles  or Scandanavia.

Im writing to let you know that im coming to London on march 20th and march 21st to do some live shows.  Im playing the O2 arena on Wednesday, the 20th of March  and the Hammersmith Apollo on Thursday the 21st of March. Tickets for these shows are available right now on louisck.net.

I'll be performing in Oslo, Norway  at the Oslo Spektrum on Friday, the 22nd of March.   Tickets to that show are available at 11:00 Oslo time also on louisck.net
I'm also coming to Stockholm, Sweden on the 23rd of March where I will  be at the Globe Arena.   Tickets to that show are available also on louisck.net but not till 12:00 NOON Stockholm time  (2 hours from when you get this email).
-The reason for this staggered release of tickets, as you probably know, is a very strict Swedish law that requires all things that happen in Sweden to happen 2 hours after the same thing happens in London and 1 hour after it happens in Norway.    So sorry if this is awkward.   It's really out of my hands.

Lastly (jesus you must hate me by now) i would like to mention that my FX series LOUIE will be airing in England and other parts of the UK. The FOX network, Tuesdays at 9pm.

For those of you who are not in the region of the world that is addressed in this email, i am really really very kind of barely not at all sorry for wasting your time.  But i wish you all well.  Isn't that nice of me?

Kind regards,

Louis CK.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well he was right about hating him now.