What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

Had a go at Batman Arkham City, enjoyed some of the wandering around and the combat still has that fluid feel of the first game. Nothing too different or new, but generally entertaining, and Mark Hamill voicing the Joker still does a rather fantabulous job. :thumbsup:

Guess it'll be one to while away an hour here or there over the next few weeks.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had a go at Batman Arkham City, enjoyed some of the wandering around and the combat still has that fluid feel of the first game. Nothing too different or new, but generally entertaining, and Mark Hamill voicing the Joker still does a rather fantabulous job. :thumbsup:

I dare you to go play BAA. :) You'll love the combat in AC even more. :D

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Still playing it too. I just wish there would be more Catwoman parts. Or some extra campaign only for Catwoman.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Max payne 3.

It's ok overall but gets repeatable and the storyline is a mess.

I don't get the hype behind it.

It's a Rockstar game. Pretty much.

Hard Reset is good mindless fun, I do have to laugh at the writing in the comic book cutscenes though, protagonist's words and cursing seem so out of place sometimes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fallout: New Vegas pacifist playthrough. Sneak, sneak, sneak and hey, let's sneak some more! I'm really enjoying playing this way since I'm not a big fan of the FO3&FONV combat. This means that some quests are not worth doing since they will inevitabely lead to combat. I'm only 3-4 hours in on this playthrough. Visited the Ranger Outpost in the southwest and went to Nipton. I'm also playing on Hardcore mode, since it seemed appropriate. I don't need any weapons, so I sell them at the nearest shop/trader, and ammo is useless. Armor isn't needed either. Just keep clothes that enhances social abilities. Leaves much room for food and drinks in the inventory.

I still haven't played the DLC despite owning them for a long time, and that was why I restarted New Vegas, but knowing that people have completed the game with zero kills made me want to try for myself. DLC will be saved for the next playthrough.

Ugh, was playing a world even mission in Anno 2070 and loaded it up today to an awesome message stating that this particular world event mission has expired so I will not gain any benefits from this mission as far as progressing through the game. What the hell is the point of proceeding with it then? Let me finish it off and feel some accomplishment at least with statistics and items that I can take with me. Oh well, guess I'll check out the new world event missions and keep a good eye on the expiration date for sure. Other than that, this game has been a blast. Really enjoy the Anno series and believe that enough steps were taken for this latest one to feel different and unique. Excited for the expansion that focuses on underwater expansion as well.

Returning to UFO: Enemy Unknown after over 10 years. A terror mission right off the bat and the whole squad killed at the exit of the skyranger by a couple of cyberdiscs and a sectoid. :lol:

I didn't remember it was this difficult...

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Finished Batman: Arkham City. Not a bad game, but especially the ending was really... badly written, imo. After 3/4 of the game, Batman suddenly started to whine about him never killing anyone and from then on, the game picks it up again and again and again... Damn, Batman. Why don't you kill the scum. They do bad stuff and kill people, you beat them up, they get into some strange jail, they break out, they do bad stuff again, kill people... and you beat them up, to get them into some strange jail again? Batmans enemies even explain to him that they will do it again and again, but Batman just cries about why they don't stop...

The temporary alliances with the baddies had been bleh too. First we are enemies, then we are best friends, then we are enemies again and then we leave as friends or something again and everyone acts as if nothing happened before.

Almost seems to me like the last part of the game was written by someone else. Really weak and cheesy stuff.

Oh well... But like I wrote a few times already, the Catwoman part was fancy. Should have been longer, maybe even its own game. I would totally buy a Catwoman: City Cats thief-like game.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm apparently not doing as well in ANNO as I thought.

Easy mission they said. 5 THOUSAND residents they said...

Oh man, this city is huge, we must be so close. What are the current numbers?

@#%@#^%@^%$&*%^*

So I'm playing KOTOR in preparation for a KOTOR 2 run with TSLRCM.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've been playing a ton of the original Guild Wars. It never really drew me in when it came out years ago, but I got into it a few days ago and I've been sprinting through the content. I just unlocked this Hall of Monuments, which lets me take some cool stuff into Guild Wars 2.

I'm gearing up to try Wizardry 8 for the very first time, and also on the cards is Might and Magic VI.

I remember seeing W8 in stores and coming so close to buying several times. I was into Diablo 2 and Baldur's Gate at the time, though, and something about the 'first person' view seemed uncomfortable. (At that time I could only afford one game every 6 months or so.) It's actually continued to this day, maybe a generational thing where I started with isometric games like IE games, Command & Conquer, Age of Empires. Morrowind was the entry, Arx Fatalis took a bit of getting used to, and even now Realms of Arkania is burning a hole in my hard drive (though that's much more to do with how difficult survival is than the perspective).

Anyway, hopefully I can get into this and then Ultima Underworld and several other games open up. Tips / memories anyone?

Wiz8 is one of my favourites, and not just because the original was the first CRPG (or maybe the more obscure "Dragon's Eye", I'm not sure which came first) I played. Make sure to get Wizfast though, else you can cook a five course meal during combat, and make sure to use the terrain in combat so you don't get surrounded. MMVI is a weird one as if I wrote a list of its properties about 90% of them would be "rubbish" or some variation thereof, but I really liked the game overall.

I've been playing some ME2 as I was going to do a renegade playthrough of ME3 but had negligently managed to kill about half the crew in the ME2 endgame without even noticing, the first clue I had was their names on the Normandy's wall. Also some Victoria 2 + A House Divided + PDM mod. Jolly good fun that.

End complaints

Have you never read comic books before? All the stuff you complain about are typical comic book conventions when not traits of the character.

In fact, I never did. Never was a big comic book fan. Would have liked the game more, if the characters would behave more like in the last few Batman movies. A tiny bit more reality in there wouldn't have hurt, imo. Right now, they are all just pals who sometimes disagree, then they fight, and then all is fine again. This, or Batman is as crazy and mad as the guys he is fighting against.

Still, the game wasn't bad. It's just that the last few steps toward the end are bleh (the actual ending scene wasn't bad either). What I am also not a big fan of: Pretty much every character that is known to the bigger masses made an appearance in the game, sometimes this just felt horrible forced. They should have cut down the cast a little.

I am still playing Path of Exile Beta. It really got a new lease of life with the maps (they fixed it so that all enemies in Act 2 of the final difficulty can drop maps now).

Plus, they are having a two week long Hardcore race right now, so I am trying to play in that. It means that you play the game for two weeks, and when the two weeks are over, the person with the highest player level (or in case of the same level, the most experience points) win. If you die, you are out. Believe me, this is difficult! I had a character up to level 49, but it died. Am now on another character, currently at level 38.. taking it veeery safely.

Oh, and Path of Exile has an open beta stress test this weekend, if any of you guys are interested in trying the game. It is good.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Felt like some general silly violence, so having a poke at Prototype 2.

Carnage can be fun. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Tried out Path of Exile stress weekend open beta. I know nothing about the game other than a few people on here have played it. It was fun, but like with all these games, not so fun alone. It's very good for a free-to-play game. I played the Shadow (I think that was it?) class and didn't really know what to do with him, so I just played around a bit and did fairly ok. Got a Raise Zombie skill, Double Strike, Viper Strike and 2 or three Ice elemental spells. It's cool that you can level them up I guess. What's really interesting is that you can equip and remove skills at will. Gives you a lot of freedom with to try out different things. The skill tree or attribute tree when you level up was more expansive than I thought. Reminds me of the Sphere Grid in Final Fantasy X. Let's you try out different builds. I might try out the full game when it releases, if I can find someone to play with.

Well beat Hard Reset, plotwise that was a pretty random ending - well, not much plot anyway. Still, good mindless carnage for $4. On to Saints Row 3

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Found out SW:TOR has free trials, so trying it out.

It's... WoW with conversation. I guess it's okay. Don't think it'll hold my attention for long. Plus, I hate that they keep using music from the previous games because that just reminds me what this MMO brought to an unsatisfactory conclusion.

I owe KOTOR some apologies.

The past few years I've held that the twist was imminently predictable. On replay, I can see how it would be covered up. Bastila, upon first meeting the player, genuinely seems to have no clue who he is. Mistaking him for a member of a swoop gang. And it's never made obvious that the PC has amnesia, he just has no clue what he's doing on the Endar Spire.

It still has all the other things I would speak negatively about, but they don't bother me as I claim they once did. How much could they have bothered me, anyway? I did play it twice through a long time ago.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well beat Hard Reset, plotwise that was a pretty random ending - well, not much plot anyway. Still, good mindless carnage for $4. On to Saints Row 3

Hard Reset is a nice little game with good shooting mechanics and more atmosphere than the AAA titles.

started playing league of legends this week, its actually pretty fun, i can see why its popular. havent run into the "bad crowd" problem yet, probably because im playing coop against AI on easy...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.