What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

Just completed NWN2 OC again, playing an evil ***hole. This time I played as a Ranger/Spirit Shaman, but I did regret picking SS. Should have gone Ranger/Monk instead.

I will start MotB for the first time tomorrow. Not sure what type of character I'll use. Might try a caster, because I rarely play as one.

I sort of want to save MotB and play SoZ first. Do the stories connect or anything like that?

I sort of want to save MotB and play SoZ first. Do the stories connect or anything like that?

IIRC, the only connection is one crossover-- the "evil-only" joinable-NPC in MotB appears as an optional-quest-giver in SoZ.

Edited by Enoch

There are some small mentions, but they do not connect in any way. SoZ is basically a New Game.

And SoZ is a BLAST. My Party of 4 Bards KICKED ASS.

Edited by Jaesun

I see, then I'll play them in the order they came out. Planning to play an evil character all the way through.

Orchomene: I played IWD2 many years ago but have never finished it. One many games in my backlog.

I see, then I'll play them in the order they came out. Planning to play an evil character all the way through.

Orchomene: I played IWD2 many years ago but have never finished it. One many games in my backlog.

Why ? Did you find it became boring ?

Why ? Did you find it became boring ?

I have never had the game myself. I used to go over to a friend and play it on his PC. I didn't even reach the halfway point, but it's one of those games I'll get from GoG and complete someday.

Fallout: New Vegas on PC (Completed the PS3 version, but no way was I going to replay that considering the Gamebryo runs like ****. At the end of the campaign, the framerate was 10fps or something like that.) No kills playthrough. The only time I used a weapon was to shoot some bottles, but I skipped the tutorial that tells you to go kill some geckos. I'll get to see a lot of new conversation choices this way. Last time I played, I had Sneak, Energy Weapons and Repair tagged, plus lots of strength and Agility.

Started Mask of the Betrayer. P laying a fighter/monk, so no spellcaster as I had initially planned. Did play around with different builds before settling on this one. I like melee, and I like the fact that I can run away quickly (coward!) when in danger.

Guest Slinky

I think it's time for me to reinstall MotB. Just like with Deus Ex, every time someone mentions it I just have to install it.

Also the Day Z mod for arma 2 seems really interesting to me, but the bugs in the mod and in the game engine has kept me away.

And just like that, I gave up on Modern Warfare 3. I don't know what it is about the maps, but they seem to cater more to the Run N Gun crowd who like to jump around and spray bullets like the Halo crowd. God help me if I want to actually use a sniper rifle.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Poking around on Crusader Kings 2.

Made up a Genius King of Georgia, and so far I've managed to marry a Byzantine Princess and somehow my son is now heir to the Byzantine Empire..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Decided that my hiatus from Fallout: New Vegas had lasted long enough and picked up my game where I had left off. Still a tonne of sidequests to do, but went anyway to see Caesar himself in his fortress. After a polite exchange of Aves and mutual promises of eternal friendship and loyalty, the sucker actually gave me the platinum chip!

Decided that such valuable information was best used to benefit Gorth. I wonder if it's safe to visit Caesar again and suggest doing something nasty to Benny?

Anyway, wanted to start on the next DLC (having completed Dead Money previously), so I figured Honest Hearts was next. Chased away the whimpy Vault Dweller wannabe and I could also part with my companions for a while, no biggie. But then... your carry on baggage limit is 70 pounds. WTF is this, Ryan Air??? What am I supposed to do with the other 250 pounds of bare essentials that you should never leave home without? :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

But then... your carry on baggage limit is 70 pounds. WTF is this, Ryan Air??? What am I supposed to do with the other 250 pounds of bare essentials that you should never leave home without? :(

Oh, cry me a river. I'm playing the game with Sawyer's mod installed-- my (5 STR) character's max carry weight is 100. And Stimpaks weigh a quarter-pound each!

But then... your carry on baggage limit is 70 pounds. WTF is this, Ryan Air??? What am I supposed to do with the other 250 pounds of bare essentials that you should never leave home without? :(

Oh, cry me a river. I'm playing the game with Sawyer's mod installed-- my (5 STR) character's max carry weight is 100. And Stimpaks weigh a quarter-pound each!

Sawyer's mod makes the DLCs especially murderous at times, I wouldn't want to be without it though.

TOR for the content patch week. Mostly yutzing around on my sorcerer, remembering why I liked this game at the start, but still frustrated at my Knights inability to kill anything bigger than a wombat.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

TOR for the content patch week. Mostly yutzing around on my sorcerer, remembering why I liked this game at the start, but still frustrated at my Knights inability to kill anything bigger than a wombat.

Hm, weird. I've noticed for one-on-one the Jedi Knight (mine is Sentinel) can be quite a killer. Not so great with mobs en-masse unless you can focus and control.. but definitely got more bang then say, the Sith Assassin (which is really sucky versus mobs).

I have to say, after having started off with a Sith Assassin, and then a Smuggler.. the shift to playing characters like the Bounty Hunter with heavy armor is really bloody noticable.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

But, it's *my* stuff. I found it! We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious...

I guess I can leave the toaster, maybe some of the coffee jugs and pots, maybe some of the spare laser pistols, some of the glass pitchers and a score empty bottles behind, but sheesh it makes for some hard choices.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hm, weird. I've noticed for one-on-one the Jedi Knight (mine is Sentinel) can be quite a killer. Not so great with mobs en-masse unless you can focus and control.. but definitely got more bang then say, the Sith Assassin (which is really sucky versus mobs).

I have to say, after having started off with a Sith Assassin, and then a Smuggler.. the shift to playing characters like the Bounty Hunter with heavy armor is really bloody noticable.

Well the thing is that when you're questing with a Knight you WILL die... alot. or every fight will take forever because Doc barely keeps up with the damage you've got incoming. I just did my end of act 1 boss on my sorc... and that boss fight was MUCH easier than the end of act 1 fight for my guardian. The guardian got his face smashed until I basically went into a mindset that I was now raiding on my warcraft toons and had to hit EVERY BUTTON I had under my gun to do this... and even that was partly luck of the draw.

do Old Republic servers have population now?

Some of em. Although I only check in on these "NEW PATCH! COME SEEEEE!" days

How are you dealing with denial?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

How are you dealing with denial?

Denial?