What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

I am finally going to install BG1 & 2 and BGTWeiDU and mod the hell out of it and play a mega non-stop level 1-50+ BG marathon.

I've just finished exactly that. It took me a hell of time.

For CK2, an less overwhelming beginning would be a duchy in the HRE.

Severance: Blade of Darkness. Why hasn't anybody made a fighting game this bloody good? Stick a deep Obsidian plot and setting onto this fighting mechanic and i'd give up the missus and bairns to play it. Admirredly that's not saying much, i'd swap them for a few ounces of fine pipe shag.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Severance: Blade of Darkness. Why hasn't anybody made a fighting game this bloody good? Stick a deep Obsidian plot and setting onto this fighting mechanic and i'd give up the missus and bairns to play it. Admirredly that's not saying much, i'd swap them for a few ounces of fine pipe shag.

Your jokes carry an almost psychotic tone to them, you're happily married aren't ya?

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Indubitably.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Saw a game called 'Endless Space' on Gamersgate. The screenshots looked interesting, but the 'blurb' describing the game was 50 lines of marketing drivel of the most stomach churning kind, oozing buzzwords without the faintest hint at what the game is about. Has anybody played it? Is it any good?

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Saw a game called 'Endless Space' on Gamersgate. The screenshots looked interesting, but the 'blurb' describing the game was 50 lines of marketing drivel of the most stomach churning kind, oozing buzzwords without the faintest hint at what the game is about. Has anybody played it? Is it any good?

It's basically Civ in space.

It's basically Civ in space.

Hmm... never was much of a Civ fan, but then I only ever tried the very first one. *Scratches chin, thinking*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's actually very good, I've been playing it for a few days now.. It's indie so there are some strange features, but it's a very polished diamond in the rough..

It's basically what Masters of Orion 3 tried to be. So if you like Galactic Civ 2, MOO or any of the other 4x space builder games, then it's a definite hit.

The only minus is that both combat and diplomacy are a little underwhelming - especially diplomacy. An interesting feature is that you start at "cold war" with newly met races, which means you can attack their ships and outposts without any serious penalty and vice versa - so early game there are a lot of small skirmishes, which brings us to combat, which is a 3 stage thing where you play cards at each phase which affects the outcome (like repairing your ships or hacking the enemy ships so they are less accurate) and the enemy also plays cards, it's kinda rock-paper-scissor'ish) - it's fun at first, but it gets boring after the 20th time.

Fortune favors the bald.

I hear that it's closer to Sins of a Solar Empire. Being an RTS 4X.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sins is more like Starcraft, where you build an army and invade and manage that army and the empire aspect is secondary.. this is closer to Galactic Civilization 2 or Civ 5 where the army aspect is secondary to the empire management.

Fortune favors the bald.

That may be the source of my confusion. Thanks for the correction.

I'm curious about it, the card based combat isn't appealing though. Pretty good couple of months for 4X games, SOASE, Endless Space and Legends of Pegasus.

I died in CK2 and the HRE fell apart with rebellions - I guess taxing the vassals a smidge more was a bad idea. Wasn't a very nice ruler, killed my son and daughter (albeit after they plotted to kill my heir and plotted to take the Empire).

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, but it was the best description I could think of.. and it is true, some facets are very polished and some are very rough.

Just lost my first game - I was ages ahead of my ally in terms of tech and then suddenly (30'ish turns later) they win the game - turns out they rushed for a tech victory and I had purposefully not researched that last one so I could destroy them the old fashioned way.

The game needs a pop-up telling you how far the other players are to complete the victory condition.

Fortune favors the bald.

Started to play Atelier Meruru, liking the game so far...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Beat Breath of Death VII. Felt more like a first project passed as parody than a more complex parody endeared by its source. But heck, I loved what they did for Rainslick 3, so I won't hold it against them.

Finished Lonesome Road. So frustrated by barely missing out on two achievements: fully upgrade ED-E and detonate the 30 nuke warheads. I ended up with 4 out of 5 of ED-E's upgrades, and 27 out of 30 of the nukes.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Started playing LA Noire yesterday. I've read a lot of bad things about this game, but so far it kind of rocks.

I've only made it a few cases into traffic, but it's been a lot of fun so far. More difficult than I had imagined! Finding all the clues and trying to figure out if the person you're talking to is lying or not is interesting.

Will play more later today. Maybe then the flaws will come out in the open.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've only made it a few cases into traffic, but it's been a lot of fun so far. More difficult than I had imagined! Finding all the clues and trying to figure out if the person you're talking to is lying or not is interesting.

The logic in the interrogations becomes a bit worse later on, but I did enjoy the game.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Baldur's Gate 1 in BGT.

Jesus I forgot what a munchkin I am... modern games are so freaking easy. I've had my arse kicked getting to level three with my barbarian. Kagain the dwarf was gibbed by a wolf and Jahiera dies every other round. Khalid's morale snaps every other battle. The corroded metal means that our weapons break frequently and our armoury of magical items consists of a +1 dagger and a +1 quarterstaff. An undead thingie in Ulcaster is unbeatable.

It's great! Bring back games like this!

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG