What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

Played and finished Dead Island with the Koori character. Liked it better than I perhaps should have.

Yeah it becomes something of a guilty pleasure.. Still in act 2, but I'm just finding the city so boring, does it get better?

Fortune favors the bald.

Binary Domain. It's one of Amazon's deals today and I'd been really interested in it. Finished the first Chapter and it has promise, though it's not showing anything exceptional so far.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well finished Runaway 2. Yeah, brilliant ending there, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm finding Dead Money more annoying than fun, what with all that beeping and running around empty spaces with only those ghost things to interact with. The exploding collar and the poisonous fog make exploring the buildings a chore.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I really should try getting back into my playthrough of New Vegas with all of the DLC... Hm, damn, thinking I was just starting Dead Money when I got interupted by life, and then hm, Deus Ex, then TOR... That's a fair few months ago now.

I haven't picked up anything new in awhile, so pretty much going with regular doses of TOR as my only gameplay the last couple of months.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finished Spec Ops: The Line yesterday. While rough in times and me being horrible annoyed of the cover mechanics sometimes, I think it is a pretty good shooter. For me personally, the best since Singularity.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished Dead Money. I have to say those beeping exploding neck collars almost ruined the entire DLC for me. It wasn't fun, and it didn't add tension. It was just annoying.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Dead Money. I have to say those beeping exploding neck collars almost ruined the entire DLC for me. It wasn't fun, and it didn't add tension. It was just annoying.

I had similar feelings but in retrospect I enjoyed the challenge, it was indeed a bloody nightmare, can't explain why I look forward to playing it again...

In a certain sense, Dead Money is more enjoyable to replay if you are prone to being "stressed" in games. You know what to expect a bit more and can take your time a bit more.

That said, it was one of fairly few instances in New Vegas where I really felt like I accomplished something on my first playthrough. There were parts of it that annoyed me (particularly some of the radio puzzles towards the end of it) but it had a lot of "impact", moreso than any of the other DLCs if you ask me.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

In a certain sense, Dead Money is more enjoyable to replay if you are prone to being "stressed" in games. You know what to expect a bit more and can take your time a bit more.

That said, it was one of fairly few instances in New Vegas where I really felt like I accomplished something on my first playthrough. There were parts of it that annoyed me (particularly some of the radio puzzles towards the end of it) but it had a lot of "impact", moreso than any of the other DLCs if you ask me.

I am certainly one who gets stressed by games that try to rush me or scare me. But the stuff with the radios and thick fog appealed to the puzzle gamer in me, so I was perfectly happy to quicksave, charge off in a particular direction, try to find a way out, fail, come back with Christine or Dean to try again, etc., etc. I was a nervous wreck when I played Dead Money, but it was because of the Hardcore-Mode persistent damage that the Fog did. That essentially put a timer on explorationm, and I hate feeling like I have to rush when I'm exploring a game environment. It wasn't until I got the code that let me buy Stimpaks from the vending machines (and, of course, I explored the area where that was hidden last) that I felt comfortable enough to explore at my preferred pace.

And the narrative payoff was pretty great. The story of the Sierra Madre is right up there with Vault 11 and the main plot to Fallout 1 as my favorite narrative threads in a Fallout game.

Edited by Enoch

On topic, my newest PC's video card is being mailed in for replacement (fan is ticking), my home internet is still out from that storm last Friday, and Steam needs an update (which means offline mode ain't working). So my options are considerably limited. But a friend tipped me off that New Vegas will run without the Steam launcher if you use the launch button in the Fallout Mod Manager. Which is true! So my playthrough with Sawyer's mod has now gotten as far as Novac.

Edited by Enoch

Huh, when I try to run FNV via the mod manager (FOMM), Steam starts up.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I liked the story in Dead Money quite a bit. I just thought the exploding collar and associated beeping detracted from it because I spent a lot of my time concentrating on that rather than anything else going on.

Finished Binary Domain. I liked it. I'm not sure which I liked more between it and Spec-Ops: The Line. Binary Domain had much better performance, fewer frustrating parts. But it also has quicktime events and felt a bit more arcadey.

Now to continue my shooter roll. FEAR: Extraction Point. And then never before played, by me, Perseus Mandate.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Giving Crusader Kings II a go. Well, more like blundering around with it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra