What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

I really need some more good monster bashing click-fests to keep me occupied until BL2. Sadly, such games seem to be the only thing that keeps my attention these days, because I don't have to "think."

Wish I liked PoE more...it's a decent game, but something about it still doesn't quite click with me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Decided to give the CoD MW3 single player campaign a try. Did they cut down on the story element from previous versions? It seems like all I'm doing is shooting things, taking a quick break, then back to shooting things. I could have sworn previous MW campaigns had more cutscene/story between the shooting.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Decided to give the CoD MW3 single player campaign a try. Did they cut down on the story element from previous versions? It seems like all I'm doing is shooting things, taking a quick break, then back to shooting things. I could have sworn previous MW campaigns had more cutscene/story between the shooting.

I think you're misremembering. It still manages to be worse than the previous two, so you're right in that sense.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They really should have followed up with Ramirez. Maybe he forgot to breathe as Foley wasn't around though..

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think you're misremembering. It still manages to be worse than the previous two, so you're right in that sense.

Possibly. I just seem to remember a bit more story elements between the shooting.

Another thing that I'm finding is the missions are a lot easier in MW3 than the previous games. I can't remember if it was MW1 or MW2, but I gave up on the single player campaign because I simply couldn't finish certain missions. In MW3, I haven't run across a mission yet that I'd consider difficult.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Bought Book of Unwritten Tales yesterday on Steam. I've heard nothing but good things and am fighting to finish this KOTOR run before I play it. I swear, if one of you guys tells me it sucks I'll cry. Unless it's Morgoth, then I'll take that as endorsement.

Depending on where you are from, the game is cheaper on GoG.

Bought Book of Unwritten Tales yesterday on Steam. I've heard nothing but good things and am fighting to finish this KOTOR run before I play it. I swear, if one of you guys tells me it sucks I'll cry. Unless it's Morgoth, then I'll take that as endorsement.

Depending on where you are from, the game is cheaper on GoG.

I'm from the country where the prices are identical.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Haven't played much lately. Played some Fallout: New Vegas today. Finished the quest in Boulder City. Still doing eveyrthing without any kills. Pumping points into speech, sneak, science, repair and lockpicking. Some points in barter and survival. Picking all the perks that gives advantages in dialogue and inventory space, since I want to have food and drinks when I need them the most. I thought hardcore would be annoying, but it isn't that bad really. No need for weapons and ammo means that there's lots of room for the essential items that would mostly be worthless in a non-hardcore playthrough.

LoL until borderlands 2, re 6, and ac3

Also, I have soooo many steam sale games to play...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Been playing unusually few RPGs lately, they usually consist of like... at least 90% of my gaming time.

But yeah, almost all my playtime has been playing Civ V with the expansion. I liked Civ V vanilla but the expansion pushed it into that "oh god... just one more turn..." area. And speaking of roleplaying, I really enjoy trying out the different leaders and trying to adjust my playing style based on their bonuses. Fun stuff.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I may have to take back my apology towards KOTOR. That final level reminds me of why I think poorly of it. Just for different reasons that I remember.

Endless waves of respawning enemies and a slugfest boss.... Those were criminal even back then!

I may have to take back my apology towards KOTOR. That final level reminds me of why I think poorly of it. Just for different reasons that I remember.

Endless waves of respawning enemies and a slugfest boss.... Those were criminal even back then!

Being a big Star Wars fanboy and all, KOTOR is one of my favorite games ever. But from about that point on (on the Star Forge, facing the waves of enemies) I hated replaying that part.

Being a big Star Wars fanboy and all, KOTOR is one of my favorite games ever. But from about that point on (on the Star Forge, facing the waves of enemies) I hated replaying that part.

It's weird. Every Star Wars fanboy loves it. But back when I was a Star Wars fanboy, that's precisely why I didn't have such a great opinion of it. It felt like a cheap imitation of Star Wars and not actually Star Wars. Kolto? Everyone is using swords? That Mandalorian armor design, ARGH!

Now that I care less about Star Wars and more about RPGs, I enjoyed it more.

Tale, Just be happy you didn't read the comic books set before KOTOR (the Tales of the Jedi comics). Then you'd be REALLY pissed when you saw

sithtombs.jpg

Korribon

swswp1.jpg

Mandalorians and their war droids (this was when they were an honest to god alien species rather than "I'm ALIEN! I SWEAR!" humans)

Battle_of_Onderon_GSW.jpg

And the entire Duxn/Onderon combo (with a Warhammer looking republic ship being shot at by Mandalorians.

Now a days you look back on those books and laugh... but god damnit when KOTOR first came out I WAS PISSSSSEEED! Particularly given that the writers at bioware re-labeled all the wars (with the Exar-Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma Sith War just being "the other war" while Malak/Revans war being THE Sith War)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I really need some more good monster bashing click-fests to keep me occupied until BL2. Sadly, such games seem to be the only thing that keeps my attention these days, because I don't have to "think."

Wish I liked PoE more...it's a decent game, but something about it still doesn't quite click with me.

Both Titan Quest games are on Steam for pennies right now, just picked them up myself.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Arkham City... yes, late to the party.

Still rather at the start, but I kinda like AA more so far. Batman's AA/AC gameplay doesn't really seem suited for freeform.

Antoher proof that freeform isn't automatically better, as a lot of people somehow think, and want in all their games and devs actually listen... *sigh*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Getting killed continously in a Riddle Challenge, getting fed up, and looking up the sollution online...

"You have to use a gadget you get later"...

Well, thank you Rocksteady for making me annoyed and reload 20 times on something I can't even complete yet. <_<

Great gameplay design [/sarcasm]

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Getting killed continously in a Riddle Challenge, getting fed up, and looking up the sollution online...

"You have to use a gadget you get later"...

Well, thank you Rocksteady for making me annoyed and reload 20 times on something I can't even complete yet. <_<

Great gameplay design [/sarcasm]

It's their fault ???

1.13 killed off Ja2.

During my playthrough of The Witcher I spent two days trying to complete a quest that couldn't be completed until the next chapter because of a misleading journal entry.

Got to love those unintuitive journal systems, though I don't remember the Witcher being too bad.

I might be finished with Borderlands. I just can't see how anyone can like a game like this. It's just so old having to run through two maps, usually fighting some sort of enemy horde before reaching the quest point which, surprise surprise, is filled with more hordes of enemies and if that wasn't enough, after you complete the quest you have to pull a reverse and go through the same horde and travel all the way back to "turn in" your quest. What kind of bull**** game design is this? The ONLY good thing in the game is the custom weapons - however, even that has it's drawbacks as the game then turns into gross inventory management + there's hardly ever any weapon of worth to buy + my ammo upgrades were partially useless as the system never comes close to filling out my ammo capacity. The default is like 250, the $6k upgrade allows for 500 rounds, but I can never really collect over 300. Pointless. And then to further devalue the one nice aspect of the game, the weaponry, well, when you break down the combat it feels like you're just targeting paper mache dolls. The guns are pretty much just trophies.