RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

I don't see anything on the BGEE improvements list that I'd pay for on PC either. When I finished BG1 I didn't think "Gee, I wish it were longer, had more NPCs, romances and an arena"- in fact I thought it was too long and had too many NPCs as it was. Most of the stuff I'd consider useful is already available for free, otherwise.

An up-to-date (for the moment) feature list for BGEE: http://forum.baldurs...-been-announced

A thread that gives you some ideas on what they're trying to do to improve the game at the engine level and still maintain compatibility with regular BG: http://forum.baldurs...on-transparency

Again, you may consider me a fool for wanting to support a project like this, but I personally consider these people a sound investment, certainly at the $ 40 level that also gets me two new versions of a game I really dig. ;)

Zoooooooooooom. That's a neat feature they're including. Doubt I'll use it, but it's still neat.

Remember me if you ever consider multiplayer. I'll be with you on supporting it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

An up-to-date (for the moment) feature list for BGEE: http://forum.baldurs...-been-announced

A thread that gives you some ideas on what they're trying to do to improve the game at the engine level and still maintain compatibility with regular BG: http://forum.baldurs...on-transparency

Again, you may consider me a fool for wanting to support a project like this, but I personally consider these people a sound investment, certainly at the $ 40 level that also gets me two new versions of a game I really dig. ;)

Zoooooooooooom. That's a neat feature they're including. Doubt I'll use it, but it's still neat.

Remember me if you ever consider multiplayer. I'll be with you on supporting it.

I like the concept of environmental audio on a modern OS, and on a personal level, since I have this thing hooked up both to a tv and closer range monitor, the widescreen mod has always been a pain to use. I always moved MP-created files into SP, so I never had to deal with the pause bug, but I'd assume some people would be happy to see it gone. Personally am finding a lot of the engine level improvements worth my dime alone... the new content really doesn't seem incredibly inspired, so I see Tigranes' point on that front. Will give them the benefit of the doubt that it plays better than reads, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Good to see the AAA / pricing model / etc stuff get discussed more and more, though this particular article seemed to be written while drunk. There's a sensible intro, then a series of quotes, then I don't even know what he's saying at the end. :lol:

It does present a difficult question for Obsidian. I have to assume that if the company is still serious about its original goal of an AAA RPG maker with its own stable of IPs, then it will already have arranged some next-gen contracts or at least pitches to replace the recently deceased one. It'll be critical for Obsidian to arrange something where they can release an original IP, or at least an IP that plays to their strength, AAA-title around a console release.

I don't see anything on the BGEE improvements list that I'd pay for on PC either. When I finished BG1 I didn't think "Gee, I wish it were longer, had more NPCs, romances and an arena"- in fact I thought it was too long and had too many NPCs as it was. Most of the stuff I'd consider useful is already available for free, otherwise.

The only thing I always thought BG2 missed was a multiplayer arena. It would have taken them an hour to make it. ****ing ****.

The only thing I always thought BG2 missed was a multiplayer arena. It would have taken them an hour to make it. ****ing ****.

No... No it wouldn't

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

This made me laugh out loud. Thanks a lot.

hey! so letting them spoil Fallout was OK, but when it came to your precious STALKER, suddenly it's too good for Bethesda

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

People, people never change. :)

Like this one day when they realized that TES online probably is nothing like Oblivion or Skyrim, but a third person whatever game. Holy madness.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Bethesda acquires rights to make STALKER games?

I say it's a match made in heaven.

"Get out of here stalker - before you'll take an arrow to the knee."

Doesn't make any sense. They already have Fallout for everything post-apocalyptic. Why making another PA game that potentially competes with their own property?

Edited by Morgoth

doesn't mean they'll be making STALKER games. they could just hog the IP to deny other companies the chance

EDIT: here's some inside info from a guy close to Grigorovich (owner of the IP)

"Bethesda doesn't own the rights to the STALKER brand, only the rights to make video games based on it."

"it's a multi-platform game, made using Bethesda's own technology (Gamebryo?) by a studio already familiar with the technology (maybe Obsidian, maybe the Fallout 3 team, maybe somebody else)"

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Bethesda

it's a multi-platform game

Goodbye Stalker. crying.gif

Would you be happier with Bobby Kottick acquiring the rights?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Stalker was supposed to be a good rpg and an extremely realistic shooter. It turned out to be a shooter as unrealistic as it gets, where one man kills hundreds for no reason, where people aren't people, but mindless mobs who attack on sight, and then there's some magic **** happening, and there's absolutely no rpg value.

Whatever happens to Stalker from the point where it turned out to be a steaming pile of ****, is of no relevance. Bethesda? Well it's fitting. A ****ty franchise for a ****ty developer.

what can men do against such reckless hate?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Kill everyone.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

hey! so letting them spoil Fallout was OK, but when it came to your precious STALKER, suddenly it's too good for Bethesda

I was none too happy about what they did to Fallout either- as implied by my rather negative implied opinion of Beth's games- but at least that was 4 (?) years ago. Got to let go at some point lest it end in madness, obsession, and playing KOTOR seven times.

We need to invent a hate / energy generation device. By plugging Delfosse into it we can create power for earth, ending our reliance on fossil fuels and LOL hippy windmills.

sonsofgygax.JPG