RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Show me character models that look better.

I meant, "ugly" i.e. women. look at that face to the right... and those legs, ugh :x

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Oh ok. Because the models themselves look awesome, even the one to the left that is obviously lower in poly count. But I can agree that they are not very.. uh.. fashionable.

Edit: Too stupid to know left from right

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

/facepalm

Says the pervert who keeps posting pictures of skinny half-naked girls.

On his defense 99.9% of women in games are half-naked; if they did a KOTOR 2 remake now, Kreia would have a tank top.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

/facepalm

On his defense 99.9% of women in games are half-naked; if they did a KOTOR 2 remake now, Kreia would have a tank top.

I think Kreia would be made to wear a robe no matter what and that's the full extent of what I want to think about that.

(Signatures: disabled) 

/facepalm

... you're pretending that it's actually changed over time? If anything, it's gotten tamer. In any case, Tyris Flare and Vala the Amazonian send you their regards. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

thanks for posting the picture, it obviously looks a little better, but not... way better. it's not a huge deal though, i just was expecting a bit more of a leap in the graphics department considering this is a pc game, i guess mmo-types need to be playable on weaker computers though since people play them on laptops etc

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

First Syndicate review online

...and it sucks. Was nice knowing you Starbreeze. Now keeping an eye on Machine Games.

I never played the original. I heard great things about it, but the game I found didn't match it in any way, but maybe I found it too late. I found some gameplay on youtube that jerked my memory. Gritty graphics, terribly depressing music and micro-management. There were some semi-cool cutscenes, but the whole game should have been made similar to that. It always makes me a little angry when a game uses a cutscene like that and then the rest of the game is just some gritty looking pixel pushing. The old one was, apart from the research options, just about moving some pixels around and kind of shooting corporate style in trenchcoats.. Doesn't seem like there was anything tactical about the combat, no crouching, sneaking, proning, taking cover or anything tactical apart from shooting and blowing things up, it just looks like point and click shoot to me. Saw some gameplay from Syndicate Wars too.. That's just plain silly. No wonder I didn't bother. It's probably a matter of taste, if you like that kind of senseless shooting in games, that's great..

The new game looks very sleek and polished. But.. No trenchcoats, isometric view or research? At least it's still got point and click shoot and it's repetitive by the sound of it.. Judging by the reviewers comment it feels like he forgot what the original was about. It was probably a bit daring of Starbreezer to add more of a story or attempting to mash it on without too much thought. I get the feeling that it's more of a style over instead of substance game.. How is that any different from the original? The change of view from isometric to fps makes for some obvious changes to tactics as well as is usually the case, because of the loss of tactical overview. Maybe the verdict is harder because it was written by an experienced pencil-pusher, but his joy and fun doesn't seem to be consistent with his score.

I think that Reviewer could have done a better job of pointing out the differences, between this and the original(s). No mention of research and funding and nothing about vehicles.. Maybe it's not there or ..

Maybe all this game needs is the same sad and depressing music score as the original with the original sound.. That would really make it stand out.

It's a gorgeous game, very easy on the eyes despite the overzealous use of lighting and bloom, but beyond the pretty visuals lies an empty void where its soul should be. ... This is not to say that Syndicate is not enjoyable, because it is. It's just so very typical and ordinary that hiding behind shallow gimmickry fails to compensate. Having played through each mission, I can't say I've any great desire to go back and play more. The four hours and thirty-eight minutes it took to beat them were fun while they lasted, yet utterly dispensable and easily forgotten.

Vague: He can't say he's got a a great desire, but he doesn't say he's got no desire..

Btw, If I am not mistaken it sounds like Morlin (ME2) voice some of the trailers..

The other review.. Doesn't even seem to care about the original Syndicate, but only relates it to other Starbreezer games.. That's really useless. I honestly think you should say goodbye to these two reviewers too.

Gametrailers at least include some references to the Original, but I just couldn't keep focus with all the distractions. It did cover something about research and upgrades, but it flew by too fast. Seems like a slightly dumbed down shooter-centric Syndicate fps game in 3D.. Had they been more true to the original, they could have cut it down the action to just mindless old-doom style shooting, I think and added more different missions..

-- edit: wtf happened to the few formats --

Edited by Janmanden

(Signatures: disabled) 

I think that Reviewer could have done a better job of pointing out the differences, between this and the original(s).

Uh, no. It's a 1993 game that most gamers these days haven't even played, thus it's completely irrelevant. Why EA decided to revive Syndicate is still an enigma to me, should have taken something more recent, and more familiar that also complements the strength of Starbreeze (Action/FPS games).

Dunno, maybe a real System Shock reboot. Couldn't been that bad. But Syndicate? Cyperpunk with trenchcoats is so 1980s/90s, dude.

Less than 5 hours? The Darkness was just shy of 6. I'm not even happy about that.

I'd wait for a sale, but I don't recall hearing that Origin does many of those.

Edit: Wait, what's this.

The four hours and thirty-eight minutes it took to beat them
In fact, the game's six- to seven-hour narrative
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://www.youngjusticelegacy.com/

Not sure what that is, but you Comic kidz out there are probably going to be happy. Or not.

Young Justice (at least the version you linked) is a cartoon created by Greg Weisman who also did the Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man cartoons (Both incredible awesome).

Young Justice... Sadly, isn't that great. It's still above average for a kids show. But it's nothing special and there's not much to hold an older audience. So, meh. (To be honest though, I quit after a few episodes so maybe it has improved)

Edit: Weeeeell, I still have to give it credit for making an Aquaman like charachter actually pretty capable so there's that.

Edited by C2B

Well, sort of a point about doing the story by race not class, not locked out due to your playstyle preference.

Now, to start the timer...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Until Morgoth rises. :thumbsup:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, I guess we're pawns in some intra-ICA war. Either that or we kill Diana, which will just suck.

http://www.mwtactics.com/

February 21, 2012

It's the year 3025. Hostile enemy lances are closing in all around you. As Commander of an elite mercenary company, it's up to you to ensure swift victory and make your enemies pay dearly. Your Mech Bay hosts a vast array of custom Mechs, each configured for a specific combat role. Choose wisely which Mechs to take into battle: your future as the leader of your lances depends on it.

MechWarrior Tactics

• Like 1