RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

the first one was. I kind of like the second MP

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well, the first two I like and found to be good. No reason this one can't be, I did like some of the gameplay I saw earlier, so can live with Max Willis.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

New Max Payne 3 trailer

Yup, looks like this is easily gonna surpass the original two from Remedy.

New Max Payne 3 trailer shows a game that's Payne in name only

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

New Max Payne 3 trailer

Yup, looks like this is easily gonna surpass the original two from Remedy.

New Max Payne 3 trailer shows a game that's Payne in name only

I don't know, I'm not getting the same vibes I got from the two original titles with the self-aware bordering-on-parody heavy-on-the-metaphors broody by-the-book I-used-way-too-many-hyphens-and-adjectives noir, but we've seen very little material when it comes to the story and setting, we know that there will be New York night sections, and Sau Paulo allows for plenty of neo-noir goodness. I'll wait and see (I have to say whether the PC version and PS3 versions will be playable before considering buying it anyway).

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

i just watched the trailer and yeah, max payne in name only.

still, max payne wasn't exactly the citizen kane of video games (that would be planescape torment, or fallout) so a bizarre re-imagining doesn't really bother me. it DOES seem useless, why not just call this "Last Call" or something generic and vaguely action-movie-esque? does anyone look at this and say "hell yeah the sequel to max payne! i can't wait!" ?

oh well, if its good, i'll buy it, just like anything else

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Last I checked movies were still using techniques first seen in Citizen Kane?

After all I've heard about it, I really should watch that movie some day.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I didn't know Citizen Kane was still regarded as some kind of paragon of film making.

It was, to put it in words I hope to never use again, a "revolution." The first major step into being a deeper art form.

Or so they say.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Civilization 5 to expand.

Apparently new addon will reintroduce religion and improve diplomacy.

So after alienating the fan-base and milking the title with numerous DLCs they decided to put back thing that previous game shipped with.

That ship had sailed IMO.

They're getting my money.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

if you don't know a lot about cinematography and mise-en-scene it will just be a great movie, nothing more. but considering the technique on display for the year it was released, yeah it was revolutionary in a lot of ways. or if not revolutionary, at least exemplary. fritz lang's M was 10 years earlier and provided some framework imo

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

trust me... by today's standards it's nothing special, unless you're a film school student or a critic. Citizen Cane was the most boring movie I'd seen in a long time, I never watched it all the way to the end, couldn't bring myself to

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

trust me... by today's standards it's nothing special, unless you're a film school student or a critic. Citizen Cane was the most boring movie I'd seen in a long time, I never watched it all the way to the end, couldn't bring myself to

:lol:

Ok, maybe I should give it a pass...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nice to see people are enthusiastic about this Civ 4 pack for Civ 5.

There's nothing like paying for what you once got for free.

Which would be the history of gaming in a nutshell.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Eh, will be interesting to see how the new guy handles it. Shafer got carried away with his Panzer General love or something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Civ 5 brought a lot of great stuff to the table, so I doubt it alienated all that many fans. Is every Civ supposed to be the same?

I'll admit I still prefer 4 more, but 5 was still a great game. The expansion might put it ahead of 4 if they pull it off well.

Well, great stuff to you so that's easy for you to think. I don't think they pissed half their fans off, but did get a general sense of disappointment with it from the CivFanatics forum. I did get that sort of vibe when playing it, 1UPT was a good change - carpets of doom > stacks of such (still think a happy medium would have been better, but whatever), city states, not so much. I'll give the expansion a go, was a sucker and bought the CE for Civ V after all :)

I don't think I could pick one Civ as my favorite. It's been ages since I played the first game and Civ 3 is the only one I don't really like that much.

Civ 2, 4 and 5 are all great games in my opinion, and they all have their flaws as well. I played 4 a *lot* and while I do miss some things from it in 5, there are certain things in 5 that they changed that makes it really hard to go back. The warfare probably being the main one.

That said, the support for 5 hasn't been that impressive I think. Will take a wait and see approach on the expansion, though I have to admit that it's nice that it *is* an expansion. Hopefully it'll be good.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I highly recommend it. It still stands on its own legs by today's standards. The story is captivating and the characters are well written and acted.

P.S. it is only boring as Planescape: Torment was boring. Either you like or you don't.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy