RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Syndicate Gamespot Review 7.5

Fantastic, nail-biting cooperative play - Weak storytelling and poorly paced campaign.

If you're a fan of 1993's beloved strategy game Syndicate, you might see the new series reboot as heresy. But if you've dismissed the new Syndicate because you think it sullies the franchise, you're doing yourself a disservice. That's because 2012's Syndicate is a really good first-person shooter with a palpable science-fiction vibe and rousing cooperative play. If you're looking for a first-class way to play an online game with three good friends, here's your destination. Just be sure you come to Syndicate for the co-op rather than the intermittently entertaining but messy single-player campaign, which prizes form over function.

Obviously the single-player is just like a tutorial teaching you the game, before the cooperative play.

(Signatures: disabled) 

http://www.eurogamer...-date-announced

The trailer is great if only for dubstep Claptrap.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the wife and I are VERY excited about borderlands 2, we played the original for months. i'm actually kinda bummed that it looks like there will be only 4 classes, i would have preferred 6, i like variety.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

so is guild wars 2 coming before or after diablo 3?

its pretty nuts to me that they both seem to be on track to release at similar times... i would guess they have the exact same target audience

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

An MMO has the same target audience as a single player hack-and-slash?

I wouldn't really call Diablo 3 a single player game. That being said, I agree the differences between the two franchises are enough where I doubt they have a huge overlap in audiences.

I also wouldn't call the original Guild Wars an MMO, but with GW2 I believe they are opening up adventure areas to the full population, rather than just instances for parties.

mmo? single player hack and slash?

what?

guild wars and diablo 3 are both online (no fee) multiplayer action rpg's. they have 10x more in common than an mmo and a single player hack and slash would.

edit: i know you can solo in both games, but both games were designed mostly for multiplayer

Edited by entrerix

Ah so many memories of repeatedly dying in that in BT3025.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/285-scanning-the-horizon-arma-3-in-2012

Well that's nice, in June we should get an "alpha" of ArmA 3 to tool around with.

Following E3, we plan to open up the game to our players. This process starts with the release of a playable build of Arma 3. We call it the 'Community Alpha'. It's intended to enable people who'd like to try the game early on in development help us to shape it up - and make Arma 3 the greatest release of the series. Ours is a large and complex game - being developed by a relatively small team - so we really appreciate your opinions, thoughts and feedback.

The Community Alpha will be quite limited in terms of the assets it includes, with the goal of providing enough content to experiment with the brand new bits of gameplay and technology. It also enables our passionate community to prepare their mods for the very latest version of the Real Virtuality engine. Then, later on in the year, we'd like to open up our game up even further with a more extensive beta program. The exact details, however, we intend to set out closer to their launch.

As you may have recently picked up on, we plan to delay the full Arma 3 release. With this additional time, we're focused upon creating a feature-rich, polished, and bug free experience. For us, it all comes down to delivering a quality product. We've achieved a great deal, but we don't want to rush things at the expense of what we finally deliver.

Hm, I hadn't realised they're shifting out the voice actors for Hitman 5. Marsha Thomasen replacing Vivienne McKee as the voice of Diana, and apparently even David Bateson as Agent 47's voice is no longer true.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yep, confusing decisions on those two. Last I checked fans were still lobbying to bring Bateson back, I don't think we've heard much of the new VA for 47 other than the "I never left" clip with some generic, serious voice. The way they just ditched Bateson after 4 games was disappointing.