RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Wasteland is my favourite game of all time.. the green redneck in my avatar is actually graphics from that game, one of the enemies you can encounter in Wasteland.

The Las Vegas sign is from when Obsidian announced they were making Fallout: New Vegas.. it made me very happy.

I will pour in as much money as I can afford in this Wasteland 2 project. It's worth a lot to me.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, low bar based on the previous game. Don't think Generals players really care much about the SP story though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I never really cared about the story in an rts game... only thing I ever did was building a base, driving over the enemy with a horde of tanks and that's it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

this game looks so awesome, like the original ninja gaiden but with stealth gameplay!

shooting lights for the wiiiiiin

http://www.markoftheninja.com/

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well, low bar based on the previous game. Don't think Generals players really care much about the SP story though.

There were some hot babes and a bit of distraction..

Having big chunks of cutscenes full of epic drama would probably only serve to make the player (me) forget how repetitive and boring the gameplay is, as usual.. but just once!.. or twice.. or maybe a few times, until that becomes repetitive too.. I can easily imagine how some of the trailers of the pre-launch would be.. A little girl happily running around, playing in the field with a model of space ship of some kind and then a big shadow looming over her, getting closer and closer, increasing in size.. It's a Reaper Crawler of the red team.. :-

I think a hot little romance would be a welcomed change.

(Signatures: disabled) 

This is Generals 2, not the RA or C&C, though. Generals story was really barebones, but kind of funny in a satirical way, US battling terrorists, China becomes dominant power is all I can recall to be honest. Only good thing about RA3 was Klepacki (and maybe Atkinson :lol:)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

wait so is there a place to donate yet for wasteland kickstarter? my wallet is ready. I just need a link.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

wait so is there a place to donate yet for wasteland kickstarter? my wallet is ready. I just need a link.

They're preparing the video presentation, besides that I think they're ready to go live. I'll post it here because I'm pretty excited not only about the game but at the door it opens (and if it's successful I fully expect Obsidz to follow with Avellone's text-heavy project).

This is Generals 2, not the RA or C&C, though. Generals story was really barebones, but kind of funny in a satirical way, US battling terrorists, China becomes dominant power is all I can recall to be honest. Only good thing about RA3 was Klepacki (and maybe Atkinson :lol:)

Oh.. I see, hehe. Well.. I lost my appetite with Red Alert pretty fast.. C&C has been imprinted deep in my genetic memory as something horribly chaotic, repetitive and boring since It was running rampant all over the dormitory network in the late nineties. I assume it's still the same chaotic gameplay with emphasis on chaotic micro-management.. MP, that is. This game would be so much easier if I wasn't colour blind..

(Signatures: disabled) 

It's an interesting idea, but it sounds crazy that people are donating that much.. Does the donation buy a share of the profits or is it just for the sake of a new game?

it gets you a copy of the game and other prizes/rewards, not any ownership of the IP

I would really love to buy Arma3, but seriously... not even Arma2 runs smooth on my machine (which can handle every other game). I see no hope for Arma3 to run any better...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well they make simulations for armed forces, I know the Canadian Forces and the US use VBS/VBS2. The real fun is the editor, you can make pretty large scale battles with it and people make mods to add all kinds of things in - aircraft, guns, AFVs.

I find it fun myself, can be hell on your system though depending on how many guns and planes you have at any time.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/28/exclusive-first-mechwarrior-online-trailer/

Mechwarrior Online cinematic trailer. Hearing the startup noise did make me smile.