What you did today?

Tale

@Hurlshot your kids are beautiful. You are a lucky dude.

Thanks GD, they were lucky and seemed to get mostly my wife's genes :)

While it's kind of soothing from the "at least I know I'm funding my own kid" point of view, there really isn't anything more tragic than a girl who looks just like her father.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thanks GD, they were lucky and seemed to get mostly my wife's genes :(

While it's kind of soothing from the "at least I know I'm funding my own kid" point of view, there really isn't anything more tragic than a girl who looks just like her father.

Maybe a girl who looks just like her father but was born with her intestines outside of her abdomen?

Thanks GD, they were lucky and seemed to get mostly my wife's genes :shifty:

Maybe a girl who looks just like her father but was born with her intestines outside of her abdomen?

What if they were coiled around her ears, like Princess Leia?

~

I have entered a nirvana like state where I play Empire Total War and work at the same time. It's freaking genius. I love it. I have my second PC set, so I do the battles real time, and get some reading or writing, or make some phonecalls while Johnny Turk or Indian manoeuvres on the great plain in front of me, and the tiny ranks of sepoys and cannoneers sweat, and the cicadas chirrup. I swear im'm getting twice as much actually done. (I'm obviously not, and I'll calm down in a while)

I have also evolved a superior form of the classic 'square' for fighting cavalry or massed hordes. Th eproblem being of course that cannons in the 'wall' of the square are open gateways to whirling dervishes etc.

So '=' and ']' is a line infantry company, '\' and '/' are the cannons, and '#' is infantry in square or light infantry under cover. Assume Johnny Hannover is coming from up the page.

===== ====

[ \ / ]

[ ====== ]

[ ]

/ \

# #

The idea being that the guns fire across the face of the infantry line, and vice versa. A key point being that on the absolute face of the square ther are no exposed guns. Obviously th rear is the edge of the map, which is why it's a bit pokey in historical terms. Counter-battery work is by rocving cavalry, or by simply choosing ground well or digging in.

EDIT:

ROFL. My ascii attempt failed hard.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My buildings air is borked... again.

This is the third time this month.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Suffering in this heat, well when I'm outside. Pretty unbearable in my house too, upper floor gets disgustingly hot, damn lack of airflow. Supposed to be 35 C later this week, before humidity. Hmph. Other than, usual spacing out at work.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, and for the record it's 92 degrees, but humidity makes it feel like 106 (62% humidity) with the peak at 96/110 F

Or for you Centigrade users

it's currently 34 feeling like 42

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

ROFL. My ascii attempt failed hard.

Proportionally spaced fonts for the win. Funny thing is, if you hit the reply button and look at the text, it makes sense (the spacing seems to work there, unlike when the post is submitted) :banghead:

Edit:

capturezfw.png

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On a whim I logged on to I-tunes & E-Music and bought a bunch of 80's music tonight. I must have spent fifty bucks all told. I guess I'm feeling nostalgic or something. I've got the Fixx, Red Skies playing now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, I don't think I shall need to use it again. Unless you chaps have a suggestion on how the shape should be improved.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well finally managed to fall asleep around 4am again, then staggered awake around 8ish, managed to loll around for a little before getting up properly, and then had to deal with the puppy being frantic and trying to eat the cat before I could finish my first cup of tea.

Trying to gather resources to focus properly and punch through this. Been resisting the urge the last few days to fritter money away on this and that and avoid getting into the retail therapy style.. ;)

Although I did end up picking up a copy of The DC Art of Jim Lee for th curiousity..

Fleabombed the house, put the animals on a couple of different anti-flea treatments.. and somehow the cat keeps turning up with fleas. So trying to figure out why and where. (he's a housecat, so definitely not from wandering outside). Our best theory is that somehow the dogs picked them up on a walk, and they jumped ot the cat at home. -_-

Family politics are turning such a joy at the moment, and I'm trying to just not get too involved and keep things at some sort of even-keel.

And I have the nagging feeling I've forgotten something that I need to take care of.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I drank far too much last night, I have loads to do and no time to do it in it seems.

I also began making arrangements to go bury my brother that died last week.

Go life woooo.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I feel for your liver.

Another pointless day at work here. I may spice it up by using a different pen today!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can't think of anything helpful to say, Nightshape. Condolences. If you feel like talking about it - which I don't expect you will - then fire away.

-Elwood Blues

I drank far too much last night, I have loads to do and no time to do it in it seems.

I also began making arrangements to go bury my brother that died last week.

Go life woooo.

Sorry to hear, my condolences.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My condolences, as well.

In this end, spent another day writing, the 49th in a row by my calculations. Also bought a bunch of OOP Eldar off ebay, the paint-fest starts the second I'm finished with My Greatest Achievement. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif