What you did today?

Tale

Woke up and feel happy and relaxed. I dislike this feeling, usually means something really bad is going to happen, hm. Now to spend the day coding to Judas Priest!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Between lying company reps trying to take advantage of the disabled parent, and crappy banks that have one teller open who carries on chatty conversations that last 15 minutes with the person paying in money while the queue grows bigger and more impatient...

This has not been the most happy-making of days.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had the WoW thing happen as well, even though I hadn't played in years.

Gfted, they (the gold farmers) actually activate your account and then use it to do their dirty business. I'm not quite sure how they got the information, I sent a message to Blizzard about it and they said my yahoo email was compromised. I changed some stuff and everything stopped.

I wonder if it was my smartphone that caused the leak? I had bought one fairly recently, it was the only big change I had. Ah well, at least it was just an MMO account and not my bank accounts!

Why would anyone continue to pay for a game five years after quitting it? :ermm:

He didn't, the farmer did. If he ever decides to go back to the game I think he'll have a small heap of gold on his toons but *shrugs*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Gfted, they (the gold farmers) actually activate your account and then use it to do their dirty business. I'm not quite sure how they got the information, I sent a message to Blizzard about it and they said my yahoo email was compromised. I changed some stuff and everything stopped.

He didn't, the farmer did. If he ever decides to go back to the game I think he'll have a small heap of gold on his toons but *shrugs*

So let me get this straight. Someone hacked his account and then changed all the payment information so they could continue to use the hacked account instead of just opening an account of their own? Sounds like then need to work smarter. :ermm:

Not really, if they wanted to open a new account (as you probably know) they'd have to buy every warcraft product up to the current expansion, and register them all on a new account that may run for 5 days before it gets shut down. Compared to hacking open old characters where they have the character already set to start farming from the get-go and don't have to pay the 100ish bucks to have a fully active account.

did i ever mention where I work now anywhere on these forums? My days are all about work and expecting new baby, so I'd like to discuss work, but we're a a high profile company that's in a quest period before IPA and I could get in trouble if anyone connects the dots.

Well it's a glorious summer day with temperatures on the high 90's (farenheit), on day 3 of my 2 week holiday me mum decided; as she does every summer to do some remodeling. I have been cleaning petroleum off the driveway for the last 3 hours; which is a left off from redoing the rooftop.

Tomorrow we are painting. ;(

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

did i ever mention where I work now anywhere on these forums? My days are all about work and expecting new baby, so I'd like to discuss work, but we're a a high profile company that's in a quest period before IPA and I could get in trouble if anyone connects the dots.

I don't recall you saying. You could google it, if you wanted?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm almost finished setting-up my new laptop -just need to install Word 2010 once it gets here-, got a m14x for the Fall as I was out a laptop and likely getting rid of my desktop in the Fall, and it's been good so far.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well my new phone finally arrived the other day but the problem is that it arrived in Denver and I'm in New York this week and Chicago next week so I won't get to play with my new toy until July 1.

Other than that the ring I think I mentioned some time back is finally done so I'm left trying to come up with some terribly clever yet sweet way of popping the question. I was thinking something along the lines of sex with you is better than sex with other women or no sex at all and then ask her dad for a goat and some coins or trinkets.

Free games updated 3/4/21

We might be getting them at work soon because we just landed some Microsoft contract and part of the deal is we have to use certain products of theirs. It's actually pretty funny because we just moved to iPhones from blackberry for absolutely no reason and now they have to work in this new phone.

I got tired of apple's iAppLauncher platform and wanted something integrated. WinPho shines in that regard, very pleasant and easy to use.

On topic, today i'm moving forward with figuring out my next steps after dropping off the project I was leading and getting in a really bad shape because I've ignored my thyroid for too long.

Other than that the ring I think I mentioned some time back is finally done so I'm left trying to come up with some terribly clever yet sweet way of popping the question. I was thinking something along the lines of sex with you is better than sex with other women or no sex at all and then ask her dad for a goat and some coins or trinkets.

That's awesome. Good luck with the goat!

Thanks! my fingers are crossed.

They're Russian or Estonian or something so I don't really know what their traditions are but I asked her dad for permission to marry his daughter anyway. I'm assuming he said yes because I barely speak English let alone any other languages.

;) Ok that makes 3, a few more and we can host the Obsidian mail order bride convention. Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

... Now I'm half expecting that anyone turning 30 on the board who has no significant other will be sent a mail order bride.

It's okay Nep I've got about 6 months before I hit 30 so it balances out.

I know she's technically Estonian but from the border area... I dunno maybe a forum member from Estonia can explain things but from what I've seen is that they mostly consider themselves Russian.

But yeah Baltic chicks are hot ;)