What you did today?

Tale

Amused at the AC dying due to...a dirty air filter. Ah well. Found out the project I'm working on is truly screwy as the high level spec has changed and I still don't have a tech spec. So sort of doing my own spec which will end up being wrong in all likelihood. Also amusing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

what exactly is a mail order bride?

Basically, a bride that is sold through the mail to a man. Often from less economically successful countries.

For some, the end result is the 21st century equivalent of slavery and for others the end result is the express queue to visa/citizenship in more affluent countries (where they dump their "spouses" right after the mandatory duration of the partnership to acquire such papers).

you know, I that's what I assumed but I didn't think they were...........real.

Having some moments of thunder and short, heavy rainfall.

Hm, seem to be having that annoying ache settled into my joints and slight fuzzy headache forming, but I'm trusting it's just pressure change inspired and nothing flu-like. I'm sure a cup of hot tea and something snackable will improve the situation.

I need to throw myself back into some C# soon, I've realised it's actually been a couple of weeks since I had a serious play around with it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Basically, a bride that is sold through the mail to a man. Often from less economically successful countries.

For some, the end result is the 21st century equivalent of slavery and for others the end result is the express queue to visa/citizenship in more affluent countries (where they dump their "spouses" right after the mandatory duration of the partnership to acquire such papers).

you know, I that's what I assumed but I didn't think they were...........real.

Yeah, sadly all the things we laugh at the past for still happen today.

Definately the case for Hill-billy mkreku :p

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Today I have been mostly getting riled.

It turns out that being angry helps my creative side, and makes me much more efficient work-wise.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I need to throw myself back into some C# soon, I've realised it's actually been a couple of weeks since I had a serious play around with it.

As hard as I try, I am not convinced one can do "serious" C# coding. Why not do some C\C++ instead?

Useful to know for work, around here anyway., might be likewise where he is (or is just him being curious, heh). C is more fun to play with. Anything is more fun that this language I'm working with, yay proprietary stack based language. Combined with crackhead Englishmen that think misleading comments is the way to go.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well its a mix of been learning C# over the last 6 months, relearning programming skills in general after x years of not using them, and the project I'm working with is in C# as well.

It's a long way from Cobol, Ada and Pascal.

And not to use a tautology, but damn I'm tired of being tired. The past few days I keep getting hit by waves of exhaustion and tiredness all over the day. No regular pattern to it either which is being a bit bloody annoying.

And not to use a tautology, but damn I'm tired of being tired. The past few days I keep getting hit by waves of exhaustion and tiredness all over the day. No regular pattern to it either which is being a bit bloody annoying.

I suggest you sleep more. Also I'm going into consulting.

Useful to know for work, around here anyway., might be likewise where he is (or is just him being curious, heh). C is more fun to play with. Anything is more fun that this language I'm working with, yay proprietary stack based language. Combined with crackhead Englishmen that think misleading comments is the way to go.

:shifty: Sounds horrible.

Well its a mix of been learning C# over the last 6 months, relearning programming skills in general after x years of not using them, and the project I'm working with is in C# as well.

It's a long way from Cobol, Ada and Pascal.

Are we talking about Syntax, or .NET or... ??? I'm confused about what you're learning.

C# isn't a complex language really, but the .NET libs are huge, they can take a bit of learning, but like anything, you know one you know them all so to speak.

I don't really approach learning a language as learning a syntax, I'm getting to the point where I'm interested in what the compiler does with the code under certain situation.

ASM is about the only thing that scares me, but that's not THAT scary...

:lol: :lol:

Are we talking about Syntax, or .NET or... ??? I'm confused about what you're learning.

C# isn't a complex language really, but the .NET libs are huge, they can take a bit of learning, but like anything, you know one you know them all so to speak.

I don't really approach learning a language as learning a syntax, I'm getting to the point where I'm interested in what the compiler does with the code under certain situation.

I think part of what's been the trouble for me is the change in approach. Ada and such tended to have a very firm, planned approach to it all. And very heavy on the building the guts of it up. C# has that habit of compressing a lot of actual code behind the scenes almost. Kind of like it's made up of shortcuts and macros rather then full detailled code that you do. Throw in the .NET libraries and having to figure out which ones are useful and what is actually allowed...

And these days (god that makes me feel old) the planning style differs a lot - Where once it was build the engine and guts and then work on the interface and features, it now seems to be build a loose framework, then the features, then the engine.

Some days I can look at a programming challenge and get it all straight in my mind, then other times I look at someone elses code and have absolutely no clue what it all means. :lol:

And dammit, I've been sleeping. Saturday I fell in bed about 5-6 hours early, didn't wake up until nearly 11am sunday. :shifty:

Need more exercise, Raitho?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:) Sounds horrible.

Sometimes it's fun and cool to work with, but trying to do crap like pass in several arguments involves some mindscrewing stack operations that's not immediately clear, makes debugging and maintenance a pain. But the comments (in production code) that read "Errr not sure what the hell this does?" or "Screw it, this kinda works" do make it chuckleworthy.

I don't know Wals, I need something. With the way the joints have all started aching I'm hoping it's just a passing light flu or something.

Sometimes it's fun and cool to work with, but trying to do crap like pass in several arguments involves some mindscrewing stack operations that's not immediately clear, makes debugging and maintenance a pain. But the comments (in production code) that read "Errr not sure what the hell this does?" or "Screw it, this kinda works" do make it chuckleworthy.

Yeah, it's that key to remember.. Comments in programming need to mean something to anyone who reads it, not jsut the programmer. I used to get so much grief at Uni because I'd use literature or mythology references that meant something..if you understood them. That was a hard habit to get out of.... :)

Aching joints and inexplicable fatigue are a feature of a lot of things. The only one I'm really familiar with is Lyme disease. And with your luck I hate to ask, but maybe you should get checked?

-Elwood Blues

:lol: :lol:

I think part of what's been the trouble for me is the change in approach. Ada and such tended to have a very firm, planned approach to it all. And very heavy on the building the guts of it up. C# has that habit of compressing a lot of actual code behind the scenes almost. Kind of like it's made up of shortcuts and macros rather then full detailled code that you do. Throw in the .NET libraries and having to figure out which ones are useful and what is actually allowed...

And these days (god that makes me feel old) the planning style differs a lot - Where once it was build the engine and guts and then work on the interface and features, it now seems to be build a loose framework, then the features, then the engine.

Some days I can look at a programming challenge and get it all straight in my mind, then other times I look at someone elses code and have absolutely no clue what it all means. :lol:

And dammit, I've been sleeping. Saturday I fell in bed about 5-6 hours early, didn't wake up until nearly 11am sunday. :)

Is this your first time with an object-orientated language?

:) Sounds horrible.

:lol: Resume sir, write one!

Rain and thunder. Sheesh. Global warming indeed.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mate of mine is stuck in a far flung northern city and feeling very homesick. I found a track Shryke recommended and commanded him to dance!*

Sure enough the miserable bastard began to get on up and do his thing.

*Via chat. Not through some sort of outsize megaphone.

-Elwood Blues

Mate of mine is stuck in a far flung northern city and feeling very homesick.

Funny you say that, I'd be happy to swap. Bloody hate the south of England with a passion.

:thumbsup: Resume sir, write one!

Job's not thaaaat bad :lol: But always looking, anyway