What you did today?

Tale

Mate of mine is stuck in a far flung northern city and feeling very homesick.

Funny you say that, I'd be happy to swap. Bloody hate the south of England with a passion.

Don't get me wrong. I'd take your patch (Sheffield, I think) any day. Or, frankly anywhere with a bit of character like Harrogate or Durham.

His real trouble is that after the Army he expects someone to wheel people in to meet him, and to have a common background to work with. I keep telling him he just needs to get out and meet folks.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Funny you say that, I'd be happy to swap. Bloody hate the south of England with a passion.

Don't get me wrong. I'd take your patch (Sheffield, I think) any day. Or, frankly anywhere with a bit of character like Harrogate or Durham.

His real trouble is that after the Army he expects someone to wheel people in to meet him, and to have a common background to work with. I keep telling him he just needs to get out and meet folks.

I'm in Guildford, but I'm form the Sheffield area aye.

Seems like this dude just needs to get out there and do something - something he totally wouldn't usually do at all.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Did you used to go by the name "Kroney", Nightshape?

*chuckles* No - I do remember the name.

Lets just say we did not get on.

I don't know Wals, I need something. With the way the joints have all started aching I'm hoping it's just a passing light flu or something.

Sometimes it's fun and cool to work with, but trying to do crap like pass in several arguments involves some mindscrewing stack operations that's not immediately clear, makes debugging and maintenance a pain. But the comments (in production code) that read "Errr not sure what the hell this does?" or "Screw it, this kinda works" do make it chuckleworthy.

Yeah, it's that key to remember.. Comments in programming need to mean something to anyone who reads it, not jsut the programmer. I used to get so much grief at Uni because I'd use literature or mythology references that meant something..if you understood them. That was a hard habit to get out of.... o:)

*Cough*

Comments sometimes gets a bit poetic. Never really meant to be read by anybody o:)

As for stack based programming, does HP still have their calculators use that? I remember learning Forth many years ago. Taught you a completely new way of looking at the world. I'm sure Thuring was a Forth programmer.

Real men use relative address jumps :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Judging from the slight, renewed snugness of my jeans I should stop eating pizza for a while again.

Going to rustle up some warm grub (cold sandwich on rainy day just doesn't cut it...) and then watch The Voice. Then snuggle with my teddy bear.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sorted out my CD-R collection, amazing how many of them are unlabelled. Tomorrow or on my day off I'll go through the pile and ID the unknowns and bin the ones I don't want or don't play anymore.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got home to turn around and find that we were put into a fire alarm.... and then watched as several cops checked cars to find one specific one... that promptly they investigated and patted down the driver and are currently taking it apart to find drugs (at least thats my guess). I don't know if this is pre-meditated, or what.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Go home then, you whippet-loving miserabilist.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Made it into bed early last night.. shivvering with a temperature. :thumbsup: Which combined with one of the hottest nights we've had in a while wasn't the most comfortable experience.

Although did have some funky dreams that were interestingly weird. Very.. somewhere being besieged. Everytime the enemy would manage to get on the walls I'd suddenly wake up, feeling really cruddy, all oppressive... manage to doze off again.. Later the dreams would run into managing to throw the enemy off the walls..and I'd wake up feeling not so bad and as if I was semi-comfortable.. Just kept running that circle of dreams and wakeup throughout the night.

Worst seems past at least, just got a slight temperature and annoying headache but nada major. So some fresh tea and such to help rehydrate and on with things.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Mate of mine is stuck in a far flung northern city and feeling very homesick. I found a track Shryke recommended and commanded him to dance!*

Sure enough the miserable bastard began to get on up and do his thing.

*Via chat. Not through some sort of outsize megaphone.

love that song ;(

just got home from a few drinks at a friend's place. in 4 mins it is my birthday :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

just got home from a few drinks at a friend's place. in 4 mins it is my birthday :thumbsup:

Happy birthday you mad Kiwi, you... may there be many more drinks ;(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Happy birthday then.. and congratulations on survivng another year..and not getting shot at by some hot girls brother/father/jealous ex. :thumbsup:

Hm, on the slightly random... Especially for all those fans of a certain game series, I didn't realise that Pripyat is open to tourism these days...

Visiting Chernobyl

Visiting Pripyat

Welcome to Chernobyl

Am confused by all this grief at some cop who bought it doing a traffic stop. At least the comments on the news articles are troll-worthy though, claims of heroism, the ultimate sacrifice and some claim that the 15 year olds could have gone on to kill someone. Should be a good way to pass the time :lol:

Also Happy Birthday Shryke, hopefully you live to see the next one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Go home then, you whippet-loving miserabilist.

What and give up the never ending loving pleasure of telling people like yourself that they're actually massive f***ing c***s! I think not sir! You c***!

edit: Miserabilist is accurate description TA!

Edited by Nightshape

What and give up the never ending loving pleasure of telling people like yourself that they're actually massive f***ing c***s! I think not sir! You c***!

Of course miserabilist is an accurate description. Pretty much everyone born north of the Watford Gap is a miserabilist. And deservedly so because they didn't have the good fortune to come from the civilised south... :lol:

Of course miserabilist is an accurate description. Pretty much everyone born north of the Watford Gap is a miserabilist. And deservedly so because they didn't have the good fortune to come from the civilised south... :lol:

If this is civilised, I'm proud to be a Barbarian. Seriously, liars, thieves, and scumbags - That's all I see.

Woke up early. Did stuff. Did different stuff. Now it's time for a nap, and then I'll do yet more stuff.

The Voice finale was pretty decent, too. Dia's solo and her duet with Blake was the awesome/adorable. Cee Lo & Vicci's duet was a cheesy 80's blast. Beverly is cool and because she's an older lady who American Idol would never even let audition, I almost wish she'd win...but my gut says Dia. And Dia would deserve it I think.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*sigh* russian girls are hot... we just had one start at our job and... yeah, if she didn't have her boyfriend around she'd probably have every skirt chaser in the joint going for her.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I pulled my left thigh muscle while running to catch the tram, yesterday. I had plans for moving furniture over the weekend. "Had" is the important word here. :lol:

Also, I'm old.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: