What you did today?

Tale

I also found out that my oldest (and pretty much unused, a throwaway account now) e-mail account had been compromised at some point. I had failed delivery notifications for spam. New passwords ahoy.

Kinda strange that someone would hijack it a few months ago, then send spam from it without changing the password it had.

Uh, maybe it was just spoofed?

That's a possibility. However, hotmail also claimed the account had done so. Maybe they just based that on the failed delivery notices or reports.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Stuck at the work, and felt better for it. Took a break for dinner and some Dead Money. Back to work now.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I also found out that my oldest (and pretty much unused, a throwaway account now) e-mail account had been compromised at some point. I had failed delivery notifications for spam. New passwords ahoy.

Kinda strange that someone would hijack it a few months ago, then send spam from it without changing the password it had.

Uh, maybe it was just spoofed?

That's a possibility. However, hotmail also claimed the account had done so. Maybe they just based that on the failed delivery notices or reports.

Hotmail was mass hacked last week or something like that. I didn't realise it was a hotmail account.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

it's been 95 degrees F here for the past few days, and it seems my A/C is only KINDA working...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Note to self: while it is excellent practice to begin the day by immediately setting down to work, it can have drawbacks.

Ploughed straight into data on rapes of babies and small children in Africa, by individuals seeking to cure themselves of HIV. Realised I was crying when I went to make coffee. FFS, world.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Note to self: while it is excellent practice to begin the day by immediately setting down to work, it can have drawbacks.

Ploughed straight into data on rapes of babies and small children in Africa, by individuals seeking to cure themselves of HIV. Realised I was crying when I went to make coffee. FFS, world.

What kind of work do you do that requires you to do research on these kinds of subjects?

What kind of work do you do that requires you to do research on these kinds of subjects?

Well, I don't work for the Disney corporation...

-Elwood Blues

Well, I don't work for the Disney corporation...

I thought it was Pixar...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Still no baby here, instead we went out and bought a new car yesterday. Basically I noticed a nail in one of our rear tires on Wednesday evening, so on Thursday I put the spare on and made an appointment to fix/replace it for next day. So since we have an extended warranty, we went to the dealership and while the shop was looking at the tire to figure out if it was salvageable, we looked at cars again. Well, long story short, we found out we needed to replace the tire and since we had a Subary, which is awd, we needed to get 2, but because they were so worn warranty would only cover a small portion and we would have to pay half a grand. So we decided to just get a new car and put the money down as a deposit and the dealership gave us a loaner Forester until our Outback gets delivered.

Cool. I found myself needing a new car right after my second kid was born. We went to Costco and realized we couldn't fit our groceries, our children, and the stroller in our Honda CR-V. I had a Honda Accord at the time so it was traded in for a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I have to admit, I run into people I went to primary, middle or secondary school with, and they're out with their kids.. and I can never quite make up my mind if it makes me feel too damn old.. or as if I've never actually grown up.... :lol:

and I can never quite make up my mind if it makes me feel too damn old.. or as if I've never actually grown up

In my case, at least, it's probably the later. :)

Just never wanted kids. Can't remember a moment in my entire life where I did. Ppl would tell me I'd change my mind when I grew up, but never happened. The desire to procreate is missing from my genetic makeup or something. The caretaker-mothering instinct is still there a bit tho, else I probably wouldn't go gaga over kittens. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So I always thought about how awesome it would be to become a kick ass dad.

I've watched my older brother with my niece over the years (who, while able to be independent, is somewhat learning disabled in an unusual fashion, it's complicated) and I came to the conclusion he's one of the best dads there could possibly be. My brother is just....awesome. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started a construction job for the summer on wednesday. A lot better than the grocery store but goddamn does it drain you before the day is done.

I've always wanted kids, probably partially because I've never grown up myself and because I didn't have that strong of a family. So I always thought about how awesome it would be to become a kick ass dad.

My view is the same, reasoning and all. But that's for another time in the future, my sister is pregnant so I'll settle for being a cool uncle in the meantime. ;)

Edited by Syraxis

Raising kids is absolutely exhausting. I don't even know what a good night's sleep is anymore. Throw in feeding, bathroom duty, bathing and cleaning, general safety, playtime and everything else that goes into being a decent parent, and it really amounts to an insane amount of responsibility.

That being said, I spend most of the day smiling about them and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I wish my sister would give a ****:)

Isn't that illegal in most countries? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Raising kids is absolutely exhausting. I don't even know what a good night's sleep is anymore. Throw in feeding, bathroom duty, bathing and cleaning, general safety, playtime and everything else that goes into being a decent parent, and it really amounts to an insane amount of responsibility.

That being said, I spend most of the day smiling about them and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I dunno, once my son turned 2, things became much easier.

I dunno, once my son turned 2, things became much easier.

I thought that as well, and then my daughter hit four, and a whole slew of new problems arose. They call them the effin fours for a reason.

It's funny, but the baby stuff is actually pretty easy for me with the second. He's fairly mellow.

My son was real mellow, someone even once explained that he's a so called "suckerchild", a kid that's so nice that he suckers his parents into having a second child, which ends up being a hellspawn. I guess I'll find out soon enough if that is the case.

I have to admit, I run into people I went to primary, middle or secondary school with, and they're out with their kids.. and I can never quite make up my mind if it makes me feel too damn old.. or as if I've never actually grown up.... :sorcerer:

x2

That, and frankly, in my 30 years I've met one woman I could have seriously considered breeding with. I'm way too independent for most of the women who're looking for a lawyer husband, anyway. The ones looking for an easily programmable trophy husband, as it were. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Don't know why, but I'm incredibly relaxed. I swear I haven't been this relaxed in about twenty years. I think it must be the weather or something.

It's like my mind, body, and soul are a tin bucket full of clear spring water. In the shade of a big assed tree.

Drugs consumed: one cup of black coffee, no sugar.

-Elwood Blues

Don't know why, but I'm incredibly relaxed. I swear I haven't been this relaxed in about twenty years. I think it must be the weather or something.

It's like my mind, body, and soul are a tin bucket full of clear spring water. In the shade of a big assed tree.

Drugs consumed: one cup of black coffee, no sugar.

And where is the real Wals? I'm detecting a pod-person.. I think it's time we checked up on when the Alien Invasion is due....