What you did today?

Tale

Enough, embrace your geekness, let it fly free whenever it may take you and when some **** pokes fun at you just remember how empty his life must be without any passions to sway him. :ermm:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You can get away with the geekiness if you're good looking like me. Or if you're not, you could at least learn how to dress properly. I don't know what it is, but nerdy guys can't dress for ****. Look flash and you start breaking the stereotype and you can hide (or be accepted easier) your geeky hobbies. It's a bit like how masculine gay guys have slowly helped people become more accepting of the gay community compared to past decades, because they help to break the stereotype of gay guys being prancing, limp wristed fairies with a high pitched, girly voice who like pink.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome you are. :ermm:

What it essentially boils down is that geekiness is - on the scale, and if you can crank up enough + from elsewhere, you don't have problems.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

watched the women's world cup yesterday.

i don't know why America waits for the last minute to do anything awesome in soccer matches rofl.

More dramatic that way I guess.

Messing around with my new phone at work, it's a bit bigger than my old phone and just a tad bigger than my girls iPhone but not nearly as big as a coworkers Galaxy S. It's pretty light though and still easily fits into the watch pocket of my jeans so it's all good.

Had a good weekend of nerding out with the future Mrs whatever my last name is. We built a fort in the living room, made some popcorn and had a Star Wars marathon (just the original trilogy). Good times.

Free games updated 3/4/21

watched the women's world cup yesterday.

i don't know why America waits for the last minute to do anything awesome in soccer matches rofl.

More dramatic that way I guess.

Messing around with my new phone at work, it's a bit bigger than my old phone and just a tad bigger than my girls iPhone but not nearly as big as a coworkers Galaxy S. It's pretty light though and still easily fits into the watch pocket of my jeans so it's all good.

Had a good weekend of nerding out with the future Mrs whatever my last name is. We built a fort in the living room, made some popcorn and had a Star Wars marathon (just the original trilogy). Good times.

The last girl I dated seriously freaked out when she saw I had the star wars movies on dvd. And this from a self-professed geek. And it's not like I don't have over 400 movies, anyway. I swear, dating in Finland is like Russian roulette.

The last girl I dated seriously freaked out when she saw I had the star wars movies on dvd.
I can imagine it now:

*looks at DVD collection*

*points*

*gasps*

Y-you're a n-n-n-n-NERD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

*runs away*

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The freak out was because of the prequels, actually.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Holiday Special :ermm:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The last girl I dated seriously freaked out when she saw I had the star wars movies on dvd.
I can imagine it now:

*looks at DVD collection*

*points*

*gasps*

Y-you're a n-n-n-n-NERD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

*runs away*

No, it was a bit more subtle, followed by "hey, I got engaged to my ex boyfriend!" a month or so later :p

The freak out was because of the prequels, actually.

You might be onto something.

Or maybe she was just resolutionist and shocked that I still own a dvd or two among all the blu-rays... :lol:

Watched a documentary on the Baltic Sea. Depressing stuff. Thank you Smithfield Foods, Russians and others for taking such good care of our oceans....

I don't know what they've done, but screw those pesky Russians.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Watched a doc. on Red Sox legend Ted Williams. Good show.

I want to do some more yard stuff, but today it's so windy that it's "raining" fine tree/plant debris back there...enough where your glass of water would become polluted in 10 seconds. 20 minutes of that had me sneezing and coughing so much that I ran back inside. All those maple and other trees on our street/in the backyard are pretty to look at, but sure are a pain sometimes. Especially the maple leaf "dust".

So I'm "stuck" inside for a while. Not in a gaming mood; kind of twiddling my thumbs. Thinking about running to Best Buy to increase the DVD movie collection again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watched a documentary on the Baltic Sea. Depressing stuff. Thank you Smithfield Foods, Russians and others for taking such good care of our oceans....

They dump uncleaned cattle manure near rivers that flow into the Baltic Sea. In fact they have whole "lakes" of cattle manure. It kills trees and plants from the vicinity and slowly manages to leak into the rivers and from there to the Baltic Sea causing the sea slowly to die. The goverment doesn't seem to care at all and apparently the pork "factory" owners can't afford to build facilities to clean the manure before dumping it or use it as biofuel.

Though the Russians ain't the only ones messing up badly, Polish (though I think their pork farms are owned by American corporations) use the uncleaned manure on their crop fields and rains wash down huge amounts of nutrients (and other harmful things) into the rivers and from there to the ocean. Some law in Poland says they need to cover the manure with mould/dirt/soil after one day. But they don't... Smithfield Foods for example threathens to sue anyone who speaks against them.

In small amounts nutriens, nitrogen and phospore aren't bad, but since the amounts are just so ******** high it's killing the ocean. There's already huge dead zones in the ocean and alga/seaweed is spreadin rapidly.

And since the demand for pork meat isn't going to drop all of sudden and it's only going up, we are gonna see lots and lots of more of this "pork factories" around the rivers that flow into the Baltic Ocean.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Nice.

It's far too late, and I just had this image of a gigantic pork sausage traversing the Russian steppe like Shai Hulud. With a couple of fellahs in cheap suits on the back, yammering enthusiastically into their cellphones.

Damn I should sleep.

They dump uncleaned cattle manure near rivers that flow into the Baltic Sea. In fact they have whole "lakes" of cattle manure. It kills trees and plants from the vicinity and slowly manages to leak into the rivers and from there to the Baltic Sea causing the sea slowly to die. The goverment doesn't seem to care at all and apparently the pork "factory" owners can't afford to build facilities to clean the manure before dumping it or use it as biofuel.

Though the Russians ain't the only ones messing up badly, Polish (though I think their pork farms are owned by American corporations) use the uncleaned manure on their crop fields and rains wash down huge amounts of nutrients (and other harmful things) into the rivers and from there to the ocean. Some law in Poland says they need to cover the manure with mould/dirt/soil after one day. But they don't... Smithfield Foods for example threathens to sue anyone who speaks against them.

In small amounts nutriens, nitrogen and phospore aren't bad, but since the amounts are just so ******** high it's killing the ocean. There's already huge dead zones in the ocean and alga/seaweed is spreadin rapidly.

And since the demand for pork meat isn't going to drop all of sudden and it's only going up, we are gonna see lots and lots of more of this "pork factories" around the rivers that flow into the Baltic Ocean.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I slipped a little further into my inevitable decline and death.

How many days can a man sit in a dark room before he finally looses it?

From personal experience, it can take at least 6 years.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Had another mega-crappy nights sleep, and currently trying to fight through to something resembling proper consciousness of intelligent life...

On a side-note, my sister's alienware laptop arrived last night and she went into paroxysms of joy over the "shiny lights". Got me to install Mass Effect on it and when it started up I swear she actually let out a giggled squee.

Now I have to try to figure out where I saved the Bring Down the Sky cd key...

Edit: Due to sleep deprived spelling and grammar.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I like your sister more by the minute. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Hughes

The bigger question is, how long will the man stay in the dark room after he has lost it?

(A: Depends on how much money he has!)

Edited by Nepenthe

went and had lunch with my gf's grandparents

was the first time meeting them, so was a bit wary, but they had a cute little maltese puppy that took a shining to me, and i soon forgot any feelings of apprehension

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

From personal experience, it can take at least 6 years.

Oh... It'll be a long lonely dark road then. I was hoping it'd be short.

Edited by Nightshape

Ugh, my mind is like moving through molasses today.

Tried to sit down and catch up an episode of Top Gear..and with various interruptions that needed dealing with it took about 2 hours to watch the show from start to finish. :lol:

"So you have a tank at home. Is that legal to drive on the road?"

"Actually , yeah it is road legal. But you want to know the really good thing about it? You don't have to pay congestion charges..."

The look of enthusiasm on Clarkson's face in reaction to that comment was.... frightening. :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'd think the fuel fees would undo that :lol: Can't really get into that show the times I've watched it (apparently it's the ONLY thing on weeknight TV, at least when I was in a London hotel for 3 weeks). Pointless day today, will have to throw out my bedroom fan, thing has massive amounts of dust on it - is one of those tower fans.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd think the fuel fees would undo that :lol: Can't really get into that show the times I've watched it (apparently it's the ONLY thing on weeknight TV, at least when I was in a London hotel for 3 weeks). Pointless day today, will have to throw out my bedroom fan, thing has massive amounts of dust on it - is one of those tower fans.

That's the only good thing about the Dyson "fanless" fans. And that you can't mutilate yourself with them, but that might be a negative, too.

Also near-sobbing about the idiocy of people not building AC around here because it's "not hot" (including a new hospital). Sure, it's not "hot", but when you build houses to retain all the heat, it can get pretty ****in' uncomfortable. I had flashbacks of my time from Greece last night until it started raining. :p

second day of my English History (from 1500 to 1725).

The teacher can be quite hilarious. He's a brit, and tends to spend about half the time talking about anywhere NOT England proper (like Wales, Scotland and Ireland) in rather demeaning terms (respectively, sheep buggers, uncivilized ginger incorrigible bastards, and ... Irish).

This is in between poking fun at the students (I was called arrogant for how I said my name, guy named Devon was poked fun at for having a girls name), and discussing population growth and migration in England during the relevant period, and how that growth interacted with other factors to turn the 1590's into the worst decade for the Brits in history.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.