What you did today?

Tale

Got my classes for the final semester before I transfer to a university. I wanted to take this [semester] off but in the long run this is for the best. Can't wait to move in January! :p

Where did you end up going?

Leaning towards Montclair atm. Sending my transfer app to either that or William Patterson by the end of this month (probably the former).

I don't recommend William Patterson in the slightest. I have a lot of friends who go there and despise it. Montclair is good if you commute, but the dorm live ain't so great there.

Got accused of lying at work to a customer when he failed entirely to clarify what he was referring to when he said "Are they hot and fresh?"

90% of the times, a customer is speaking of fries, this guy was speaking of Chicken Selects.

Also, Borders Books and Music is going out of business.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Organising some research I've been doing dealing with some of the old Iraq troubles back in 2003 and the allies on the ground and came across a part of an article that struck me as kind of quirky.

The total allied death toll now stands at 237. Of these 194 were Americans. The other 43 were British personnel who were killed either in combat or friendly fire incidents or in accidents since March 20, the start of the military campaign.

That they gave the one number for American forces, but then actually made a specific note about British forces being killed in friendly fire incidents and accidents. I'm not quite sure whether to take that as a small snark on the Americans who caused most of the friendly fire, or the British for suffering them... Or whether my brain is over-analysing it all after filtering so much crud.. :shifty:

Still, time for a lunch break.

I think I'll try the kipper.

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

At 9 o'clock I have a gassy coworker that stinks from about 11 am to 5 pm. At 2 o'clock I have a douchebag that, when sneezing, just aims at the floor and lets it all fly downwards, 12 o'clock I have a giggly know-it-all. This is going to be a long day, :shifty: .

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

12 o'clock I have a giggly know-it-all.

Good practice for this forum... :shifty:

I'll have you know I do not giggle.

I cackle. Maniacally.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Good practice for this forum... :shifty:

I wouldn't necessarily say so. Doubt people here act the same way when asking a question. Ask a clarifying question and then get "Why do you care about that? That's not the problem" as a response, heh. :)

This playing with a knife at work thing is pretty cool though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Good practice for this forum... :o

I wouldn't necessarily say so. Doubt people here act the same way when asking a question. Ask a clarifying question and then get "Why do you care about that? That's not the problem" as a response, heh. :p

This playing with a knife at work thing is pretty cool though.

Oh ok. I was thinking more along the lines of "you don't give me the respect I deserve, giggle". But I kind of see your point. :)

I don't giggle or cackle. I'm more like this:

BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Turns out my notion of getting unexpectedly bongoed was not too far from true!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14344626

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ah head desking. That's pretty much anytime we get client issues. Sad to see what people work at banks.

Boy... getting back here from Cali (I'm going home next friday) is probably gonna SUUUUCCCKKK given the next day the "Ames Straw Poll" is going to occur in the arena down the street.

Got my classes for the final semester before I transfer to a university. I wanted to take this [semester] off but in the long run this is for the best. Can't wait to move in January! :sorcerer:

Leaning towards Montclair atm. Sending my transfer app to either that or William Patterson by the end of this month (probably the former).

I don't recommend William Patterson in the slightest. I have a lot of friends who go there and despise it. Montclair is good if you commute, but the dorm live ain't so great there.

Yeah the campus was NICE but it did seem a little... isolated from anything that looked remotely entertaining.

As far as commuters go my sister said her university was dull on the weekends as well, she went to La Salle University in Philly. :p

I'm sick - stuffed nose and throat hurts. My two year old is also sick and is on nebulizer. And now my newborn is sneezing:( Because of all of that I had to sleep on the futon in the living room last night. As a result of that and the storm going on throughout the night I couldn't sleep and finally started watching Merlin

Got accused of lying at work to a customer when he failed entirely to clarify what he was referring to when he said "Are they hot and fresh?"

90% of the times, a customer is speaking of fries, this guy was speaking of Chicken Selects.

Are you missing Game Stop yet? The pay was probably the same but I'm sure the clientele was better.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Are you missing Game Stop yet? The pay was probably the same but I'm sure the clientele was better.

Yeah, I'm missing it. The clients weren't so much "better" (they still asked incredibly stupid questions that had you pointing to the giant sign saying what they wanted to know) but more respectful of your position. I'm trying to get in one that's opening up around here but the manager seems a bit flaky... they said they're doing calls/interviews "Soon" because they keep having to push back the open date.

Got my classes for the final semester before I transfer to a university. I wanted to take this [semester] off but in the long run this is for the best. Can't wait to move in January! :)

Yeah the campus was NICE but it did seem a little... isolated from anything that looked remotely entertaining.

As far as commuters go my sister said her university was dull on the weekends as well, she went to La Salle University in Philly. :thumbsup:

Just don't undersell yourself man. Rutgers cost the same amount of money and is an internationally ranked university. People in NJ don't give it enough credit because it's the state university, but nationally an internationally it's highly respected. Montclair and WillyP are good choices if they're in your grade/SAT score range - but at the end of the day you don't need to be that smart to get into RU - but the education/reputation goes a lot further than most other NJ schools.

Turns out my notion of getting unexpectedly bongoed was not too far from true!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14344626

Drunk last night. You have no idea how long it took me to write this.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Suvived Costco. Swear if it's not damn families with their spawn clogging the aisles, it's the bros and ginos.