What you did today?

Tale

second day of my English History (from 1500 to 1725).

The teacher can be quite hilarious. He's a brit, and tends to spend about half the time talking about anywhere NOT England proper (like Wales, Scotland and Ireland) in rather demeaning terms (respectively, sheep buggers, uncivilized ginger incorrigible bastards, and ... Irish).

This is in between poking fun at the students (I was called arrogant for how I said my name, guy named Devon was poked fun at for having a girls name), and discussing population growth and migration in England during the relevant period, and how that growth interacted with other factors to turn the 1590's into the worst decade for the Brits in history.

This all sounds like regular English teacher stuff, it explains a bit about us :)

Target sure has a lot of food in it's stores, nowadays. Not that I want to stand in huge lines behind ppl purchasing 20 pairs of cheap pants, towels, home decoration and mega-pack candy bars to buy some meat & fruit cups...I'll stick to Lucky/Nob Hill thanks.

I've been reading about the South-Western drought that's plaguing the US farmers at the moment. I expect cereal and other food items to go up in price in the next year.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I usually only grab food at Target if I'm short on a couple things but needed to go there for something else, like diapers. I do get some decent coupons from them on occasion. There food selection is still pretty weak.

Don't know about the one in Gilroy, but the one up here is practically a supermarket. Ok, not quite that huge, and their brand selection is limited, and no deli or anything, but still...quite a lot of stuff. :)

But yeah...no reason to make it a main grocery shop place. Don't really understand the shift, myself.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here we have SuperWal-Mart's. They literally combined a full blown grocery store with a full blown Wal-Mart. The prices are so low, its ridiculous.

They did this about a decade ago. I don't know of any regular Wal-Marts or regular Targets. The last regular Target I know of was the one I worked at in 2000. Which closed down and started splitting employees into nearby SuperTargets.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Here we have SuperWal-Mart's. They literally combined a full blown grocery store with a full blown Wal-Mart. The prices are so low, its ridiculous.

They did this about a decade ago. I don't know of any regular Wal-Marts or regular Targets. The last regular Target I know of was the one I worked at in 2000. Which closed down and started splitting employees into nearby SuperTargets.

We had a new Walmart put in here in Morgan Hill, and it is rather small, but it has an amazing grocery store. I've never been a fan of walmarts, all the ones I've been in have been terribly messy and miserable places. Apparently we got the high end version though, because everything from the bathrooms to the vegetable aisle is immaculate. It is better than our fairly new Target and our large Safeway. It doesn't have the same inventory as a large grocery store, but the prices are unbeatable. It really changed my opinion of the entire company.

Well. I had a baby.

Congrats, but I think your wife deserves most of the credit here.

Shouldn't it be "we had a baby"?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well. I had a baby.

Congrats, but I think your wife deserves most of the credit here.

You don't know that. Medical science is seeing rapid advancement.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well. I had a baby.

Congratulations. And welcome to debt :thumbsup:

Spent most of the day in bed, shivvering with a temperature and a stinking headache. Came down to force myself to eat something and satisfy my net addiction by checking mail and forums as kettle boils and food heats up.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Congrats on the new family addition, vault_overseer. Hope you don't need a lot of sleep for a while! :thumbsup:

....We don't have a Wal-Mart. I think this town outlawed them. haha.

....Dusted out the PC again. I don't know how these things collect so much dust in so short a time, especially when they have fans to move the air around.

Congrats on the new family addition, vault_overseer. Hope you don't need a lot of sleep for a while! :thumbsup:

....We don't have a Wal-Mart. I think this town outlawed them. haha.

....Dusted out the PC again. I don't know how these things collect so much dust in so short a time, especially when they have fans to move the air around.

From dust you come to dust you go :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not sure if it's just being in that whole..recovery from the man-flu or whatever it was. But I'm feeling exceptionally unsocial at the moment.

I'd ask what a "man flu" entails, but I'm not sure I want to know the answer. :)

Woke up early, did a bunch of boring stuff, tried to make Kotor2 run more properly on my Win7 rig (mostly failed), had a piece of leftover pizza and am now wondering if hubs is going to push me into driving to SSF so he can drop off his van/see his fave auto-mechanic (who moved his business up there recently). It's a long and trafficy drive just to get a rattle looked at so the thought is making me a bit grumpy. :-

Edited by LadyCrimson

I'd ask what a "man flu" entails, but I'm not sure I want to know the answer. :-

Eh, it's that generally vague running a temperature, stabbing headaches, aching joints and upset stomach all combined..

I'd ask what a "man flu" entails, but I'm not sure I want to know the answer. :yucky:

Eh, it's that generally vague running a temperature, stabbing headaches, aching joints and upset stomach all combined..

Oh ok. I had visions of stuff more male-specific than that. ;)

At any rate, glad it's feeling better at least.

Looks like we're not going up to SSF, which selfishly improves my mood considerably. :lol:

I'd ask what a "man flu" entails, but I'm not sure I want to know the answer. :yucky:

Oh ok. I had visions of stuff more male-specific than that. ;)

At any rate, glad it's feeling better at least.

Looks like we're not going up to SSF, which selfishly improves my mood considerably. :lol:

No, that's the Gentleman's Cold. (aka clap)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif