FO: NV (General Discussion)

I don't think I ever visited Vault 11. Need to.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I guess it's the same for them as it is for you?

Okay, what are the penalties for me as well haha.

to tell you the truth, I don't think there's any :p I mean, you walk slower when you get your leg(s) blown off, you become dizzy if you hit your head too hard. but I'm still able to shoot my rifle even with both arms at 0% health, and I don't know what a crippled torso means

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Do you guys listen a lot to the radio? Just curious. I like it as a piece of ambiance (stopping by a radio to listen to a newscast, or hearing a song play in the background) but I almost never switch it on myself. I think it kinda wrecks a lot of the atmosphere when you're out and about, especially since I think they did such a good job on the "normal" soundscape.

That said, that mod obviously looks like an improvement for the radio.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I avoid it because it's incredibly repetitive and because this time the game has a good soundtrack (compared to Fallout 3 and its Oblivion-y fantasy-ish generic soundtrack). But if the radio wasn't so repetitive I may have an incentive to listen to it more. Also, even if you don't keep it on, there's enough radio around the wastes that you end up hearing those songs regardless on whether you want to hear the ambiance or not.

I've had it on so far, but I am turning it off when I get home tonight. It's been driving me nuts to hear the same "news" repeated over and over and over again.

I wish they had recorded a couple of hundred little soundbites to randomize the news broadcasts. Little stories of no consequence from around the wasteland to shuffle things around.. "Farmer Milton out in Searchlight reports a good crop of maize this year. Uncertainty whether this good fortune is the result of increased radioactive levels in the environment or Milton's change to Golden Gecko fertilizer still persist.". I'm guessing it would only have been possible if they hadn't had someone famous as the news reader.

And why do I keep hearing the same two songs over and over? Johnny Guitar and Jingle Jangle. So sick of them. Can it really be that expensive to license music from the fifties? It probably is.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And why do I keep hearing the same two songs over and over? Johnny Guitar and Jingle Jangle. So sick of them. Can it really be that expensive to license music from the fifties? It probably is.

There's actually a fair number of songs, but since only a handful of them have intros by Wayne Newton, those get played a lot more often than the other songs. If I read the credits right, there are even songs written specifically for the game.

EDIT: That said, the decision of splitting the music in two radios may have not been the brightest of ideas.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I hate Johnny Guitar so much, I only listen to Black Rock radio nowadays :p

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm enjoying this game a great deal.

Over 40 hours and I still haven't been to The Strip yet.

Once again I will say that this is definetly the best game by Obsidian for me, and I'm sure few years from now it will be considered a true classic .

So congratulations New Vegas Team you have made a great game, I really hope you will work on another Fallout game in the future (or maybe you are already working on it?).

Yeah I've been wandering around the outskirts of Vegas.

I do find myself using fast travel a bit more in this game than in FO3 though. Mostly because my desire to walk allllllllllllllllll the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay around to get to Goodsprings/Hidden Valley is quite low haha.

I made the walk once taking out a ton of Cazadors and that's good enough for me :lol:

Yeah so I beat the game and started a new game but it won't let me level up when I gain enough xp. Has anyone else had this problem? I've restarted a few times and it just won't let me get past level one I've even played all the way to Primm. This is really frustrating.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah so I beat the game and started a new game but it won't let me level up when I gain enough xp. Has anyone else had this problem? I've restarted a few times and it just won't let me get past level one I've even played all the way to Primm. This is really frustrating.

Make sure you've left combat. It won't level you up until your sneak status is blue.

you mean yellow :lol:

Actually, I mean Amber. Forgot it was HUD colored.

I'm still in the middle of my first play through, but I just have to give kudos to Obsidian. Unless the game falls apart dramatically the rest of the way through, it's been one of the best RPG games I've played in a while. :lol:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Godo news, it's No.1 in the big stores in the UK on PC (dunno about console ::sinffs:: ).

The item I saw for UK specifically mentioned "all platforms".

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif