FO: NV (General Discussion)

Yeah, no idea what they were thinking. It's useful though, it's probably good that the duration is so short.

Just finished Vault 11. Never did it on my first playthrough. Very impressive stuff. The Vaults are very well done (the ones I've seen anyways).

"Doing voiceovers for a videogame?! Geez, who do you think I am? David Schwimmer?!?!"

The reason he was recruited is because he loved Fallout 3 actually so I imagine he enjoyed it. That said, I agree that it's not a very good performance (though I didn't find it terrible). Then again... Can't really blame him because just look at the writing for the guy. Would be really hard to pull that off in a convincing way.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hardcore mode doesn't go far enough. When things get really nasty, being still able to pause the game by entering the PipBOY and popping all the drugs in your inventory is still a huge advantage.

Not to mention Sunset Sapparilla is basically a FO3 stimpak, healing 50 HP in 2 seconds.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

^No idea how anyone can attempt to defend Perry's performance. It was pretty absurd acting.

Well, my main issue right now is spending far too much time trying to find quest people within the buildings. It sucks because it's pushing crappy design in between what Obsidian is actually good at, quests with depth concering choice and outcome opportunities.

I thought Perry was solid. It wasn't a great fit for him, Benny should have been a bit smoother in my opinion, like that guy from Burn Notice or a wiseguy. Still, he didn't blow the part, he was decent for my money. Heck, after playing Two Worlds, I will take mathew perry any day of the week.

I guess I'm the only one who thought Benny's lines/voice was great....for comedy. Benny's an idiotic sleezeball, the voice was perfect for it, imo. I figured he's supposed to sound a bit wonky, vs. an actual 'wise guy' type. How seriously can you take ring-a-ding-ding and "I hear dig from you, baby, and all I can think of is a shovel,"...to me it sounded like an absurd version of Bogart. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not to mention Sunset Sapparilla is basically a FO3 stimpak, healing 50 HP in 2 seconds.

Don't you mean healing 50 HP over 25 seconds?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I liked Benny's voice over as well. What I didn't like are the non important NPC voiceovers. They are so flat and mild in tone you'd think everyone's stoned.

I liked Benny's voice over as well. What I didn't like are the non important NPC voiceovers. They are so flat and mild in tone you'd think everyone's stoned.

I occasionally get that feeling here, as well. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finished the game at 40 hours in siding with Mr. House.

The endgame was predictable but interesting. The actual ending was okay. Overall this is easily the best game Obsidian ever made. Its simply the most well rounded and thought out product in their catalog.

Congratulations. You have Boo's stamp of approval.

FNV is probably the only game that I've seen that does branching plots and C&C's in a fully convincing manner. The Fallout universe was convincingly expanded (as far as something that silly will go). The factions reside in a moral gray area (some more than others) which really makes picking a side interesting. The crappy gameplay of Fallout 3 was also improved probably as much as it was humanely possible.

That said, I still prefer the dialog and storyline heavy MotB and KOTOR type games. C&C's and multiple factions/endings are not the primary reasons I play RPGs. I generally prefer a tighter story, even at the price of some linearity. FNV is not that type of game, and its too story light for my purposes (but I'd say the same for any other Fallout game).

Overall, to the people that it was intended - I think they have no reason to complain. If NMA bashes this IMO that will just prove they think F2 was unreasonably good. In fact this is, in many respects, a superior game.

9/10

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I guess I'm the only one who thought Benny's lines/voice was great....for comedy. Benny's an idiotic sleezeball, the voice was perfect for it, imo. I figured he's supposed to sound a bit wonky, vs. an actual 'wise guy' type. How seriously can you take ring-a-ding-ding and "I hear dig from you, baby, and all I can think of is a shovel,"...to me it sounded like an absurd version of Bogart. :(

Well. The problem is, Baby. He speaks his lines. Like he reads. Them. And stops. Like I'm stopping. With what. I Type.

Finished the game at 40 hours in siding with Mr. House.

The endgame was predictable but interesting. The actual ending was okay. Overall this is easily the best game Obsidian ever made. Its simply the most well rounded and thought out product in their catalog.

Congratulations. You have Boo's stamp of approval.

FNV is probably the only game that I've seen that does branching plots and C&C's in a fully convincing manner. The Fallout universe was convincingly expanded (as far as something that silly will go). The factions reside in a moral gray area (some more than others) which really makes picking a side interesting. The crappy gameplay of Fallout 3 was also improved probably as much as it was humanely possible.

That said, I still prefer the dialog and storyline heavy MotB and KOTOR type games. C&C's and multiple factions/endings are not the primary reasons I play RPGs. I generally prefer a tighter story, even at the price of some linearity. FNV is not that type of game, and its too story light for my purposes (but I'd say the same for any other Fallout game).

Overall, to the people that it was intended - I think they have no reason to complain. If NMA bashes this IMO that will just prove they think F2 was unreasonably good. In fact this is, in many respects, a superior game.

9/10

Wow. People are going to start calling you a softy Boo. I'm glad you liked it :(

I guess I'm the only one who thought Benny's lines/voice was great....for comedy. Benny's an idiotic sleezeball, the voice was perfect for it, imo. I figured he's supposed to sound a bit wonky, vs. an actual 'wise guy' type. How seriously can you take ring-a-ding-ding and "I hear dig from you, baby, and all I can think of is a shovel,"...to me it sounded like an absurd version of Bogart. :(

Well. The problem is, Baby. He speaks his lines. Like he reads. Them. And stops. Like I'm stopping. With what. I Type.

But the real bad thing is that he says everything like he's reading it from a paper without regard to the situation. If you tell him you're going to kill him he just calmly says "cash me out here" like he was asking someone to go fetch him a coffee.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But the real bad thing is that he says everything like he's reading it from a paper without regard to the situation. If you tell him you're going to kill him he just calmly says "cash me out here" like he was asking someone to go fetch him a coffee.

I think that that makes sense for a character like Benny however.

In reality, they just used Mark Meer and used Matthew Perry's name for better marketing.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

In reality, they just used Mark Meer and used Matthew Perry's name for better marketing.

http://instantrimshot.com/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I just started a new game tonight and I think the background music while talking to the Doc in Goodsprings is heavily influenced by PS:T. I can't quite place it, but I'm thinking of installing PS:T yet one more time to see. Also, I have a shovel and I'm sorely tempted to dig up the graves. From what I understand, it doesn't hit Karma, although it does give you some sort of gravedigger achievement or something.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!